Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)

I already posted about this a while back.

EDIT: New details have been revealed about the second DLC pack: it will also include Gogeta's and Super 17's costumes, as well as new attacks such as Eis Shenron's Ice Claw and Pan's Young Woman Burst.

Okay, I'm not really familiar with all the details of GT, but what the hell is a Young Woman Burst? Could Pan always do whatever the hell that is?

Okay, I'm not really familiar with all the details of GT, but what the hell is a Young Woman Burst? Could Pan always do whatever the hell that is?

It's just some blast she used against Baby.

In English, it's Maiden Burst. It's just an evasive skill. I'd imagine Maiden Blast is the good one. It weirds me out that they're all excited about an evasive skill.

In English, it's Maiden Burst. It's just an evasive skill. I'd imagine Maiden Blast is the good one. It weirds me out that they're all excited about an evasive skill.

Doesn't the magazine say it's a new ultimate skill? Or am I reading that wrong? Plus, they also listed Eis Shenron's move too, so they're just naming two random new moves it looks like.

Doesn't the magazine say it's a new ultimate skill? Or am I reading that wrong? Plus, they also listed Eis Shenron's move too, so they're just naming two random new moves it looks like.

The skill is indeed an Ultimate Skill, not an Evasive Skill.

I honestly didn't expect Golden Frieza to be a playable character, but hey, I'm not complaining. lol

Well, there might be a chance of it, if there's going to be a Xenoverse sequel.  Not saying that there will be one, just wishful thinking and hoping.  But the other races would have to get actual transformations of their own to use to be at the same level.

Edited by Ultimus Grid

There would have to be some major balancing going on.

Thing is that its hard to actually give each race a transformations when Saiyans are just so much stronger than them.

There would have to be some major balancing going on.

Thing is that its hard to actually give each race a transformations when Saiyans are just so much stronger than them.

Yeah, that's kind of the problem with Xenoverse- it makes perfect sense that Saiyans are so OP because that's how they are in the main canon. Still, for the sake of making the game better, I'd be okay with them giving each race their own super mode. I doubt they will, but it's kind of lame that 80% of the playable races are so under powered.

The only way I can see giving the other races a better hand in things is to make an Unlocked Potential skill like how Adult Gohan has.

That and maybe make "Super Namek" skills for the Namekians, but I think the former is more likely.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Unless they introduce otherworld in as dlc or in a sequel, which we most likely will be getting since this is literally the most profitable DBZ game ever made, there is no canon reason for our custom saiyan to go ssj3, and we already have transformation states for the other races Majin can go super(don't need the whole evil eat fat stuff, just giant puff of smoke, boom muscular buu) frieza race, self explanatory; namekian can yet again just imply that they did a fusion and there we're done, just a matter of implementing them, they could have done a better job with frieza race in my opinion, but yeah, not that hard.

Huh.  That's true on Saiyans being so strong.  I didn't even think of the balancing that would be needed.  An Unlocked Potential skill sounds like a promising idea, but I feel like wanting more.  Although I feel selfish for wanting so much.

Edited by Ultimus Grid

Then to make myself feel better I need to come up with a theory as to why we can't. Now I'm going to bring GT into this, I know it isn't canon but it's in the game so I'm using it, however I'll also be using things that haven't even been hinted at. Also, the spoiler tags contain a spoiler for Revival of F, click at your own risk, you've been warned.Okay, so by the time of DBO, in Age 1000, almost all humans have Saiyan blood in them, they can wish for Shenron to awaken their Saiyan heritage allowing them access to Super Saiyan, but no further.DBXV takes place in the year age 850, 150 years before DBO, time enough for Saiyans to have started mixing with Earthlings while still being a distinct race.Toriyama said that Super Saiyan 4 is a form only accessible to pure blooded Saiyans, Super Saiyan God

and the new Super Saiyan God Form (tentatively called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan) from Revival of F

likely follows suit.Gotenks shows that half-Saiyans are able to go as far as Super Saiyan 3.it is postulated that, being only 1/4th Saiyan, Pan can't go Super Saiyan, but this is disproved by her grandson, Goku Jr., being able to take on the form.It is unlikely that Saiyan characters are full-blooded Saiyans as they can have skin and hair colors that are unnatural for Saiyans (and lack tails). I know that this is the same for all races, even those without reproductive systems like Nemekians but stay with me here,So what if there's a drop off in Super Saiyan potential every two generations? That would make it soFull blooded Saiyans can access SSJ4, SSJG

and SSJGSSJ

half blooded Saiyans can access SSJ31/4 and 1/8 Super Saiyans can access SSJ2

1/16 and 1/32 Saiyans can access SSJ1/64 Saiyans and below can only access SSJ by wishing to awaken their Saiyan bloodNow If we assume our Saiyans are only 1/4 or 1/8 Saiyans then them only being able to go as far as Super Saiyan 2 makes perfect sense. However there could also be a work around for them to make a similar wish as humans in DBO. Using this wish would allowHalf blooded Saiyans to access SSJ4 (but not SSJG)

or SSJGSSJ

1/4th and 1/8th Saiyans to access SSJ3and 1/16 and 1/32 Saiyans to access SSJ2.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Based on most of my impressions/comments on the game, I think it’s safe to assume that I really like Xenoverse and think its a very good game.

And well… yeah. I do. However, that doesn’t mean that I don’t think the game has flaws, because it does. Big ones And there are flaws that can be improved in a sequel that will no doubt come in the future due to the game’s successes.

See, its not that I don’t see flaws in the game. I just think that complaining about your CaC’s not having dialogue or not being able to play as Zarbon isn’t deserving of a reason to bash the game and totally write it out. In fact, its not. In the slightest.

Even so, there are things that the game could certainly improve on in order to make it even better. Here is a list of problems/improvements I would like to see addressed and corrected:

• The RNG system needs to be tweaked so that there are better chances of getting items in Parallel Quests. It's been made clear that even when meeting the secret conditions in PQs and even getting high ranks for your progress, the RNG's habit of dropping items is very annoying.
  • PQs in general should be more diverse in secret conditions that allow for more variety in how you complete the mission overall.
  • Back to RNG, the Mentor spawns shouldn't really follow RNG at all. Really, it would make more sense to just have all Mentor characters be avaliable to talk/train with in TokiToki City, and given that I doubt that any future Xenoverse installment is going to be held back by last-gen consoles, this should not be a problem.
  • Mentor training should be more specific in what the requirements are to progress through training, minus just finding an item, i.e. when told to use one of their techniques, there should be a set counter of how many times you use it to keep track and/or a number of enemies you must defeat with the technique.
  • Speaking of counters: future story missions that involve taking out a specific number of enemies i.e. Bardock/Broly Saga and GT Saga should have a counter for the player to keep track of on-screen. It's strange why it isn't already a thing to be honest. :/
  • This is an obvious one, but the SSJ form, for both CaCs and canon characters, needs to be nerfed or reconfigured. Its ability to allow the user to spam Super/Ultimate Attacks makes it a pain to fight against for some. 
  • While I am happy with the CaC customization options and can't really say that giving more options is a flaw because it will most likely be expanded upon regardless, in terms of both aesthetics and attack/item slots, the mechanic of having clothing items be tailored with stat increases/decreases should be taken off, and the mechanic of being able change the color of non-original clothing should be added.
  • The character variations on the roster is not terrible, but it does call for a reformat, and I can see it done by instead of creating slots based on story appearances, give every character an equal amount of slots and have all their moves (and available costumes) to be interchangeable between all of them, sort of like the system in Raging Blast.
  • Each CaC race class should have a transformation of some variety. This is hard to do in reality, but I think the best to suffice would be the Unlocked Potential skill idea I've mentioned in the past. Maybe even make a skill for Frieza's Race where they can have a Final Evolution form. Also, Kaioken and its variations is technically a transformation, so it would be best suited as one by default instead of a Super Attack.
  • CaC races shouldn't divide stats and playability based on gender and instead have a universal set standard for all races regardless of gender.
  • Another obvious one: the Majin race should allow male characters to be fat or skinny.

Based on most of my impressions/comments on the game, I think it’s safe to assume that I really like Xenoverse and think its a very good game.

And well… yeah. I do. However, that doesn’t mean that I don’t think the game has flaws, because it does. Big ones And there are flaws that can be improved in a sequel that will no doubt come in the future due to the game’s successes.

See, its not that I don’t see flaws in the game. I just think that complaining about your CaC’s not having dialogue or not being able to play as Zarbon isn’t deserving of a reason to bash the game and totally write it out. In fact, its not. In the slightest.

Even so, there are things that the game could certainly improve on in order to make it even better. Here is a list of problems/improvements I would like to see addressed and corrected:

• The RNG system needs to be tweaked so that there are better chances of getting items in Parallel Quests. It's been made clear that even when meeting the secret conditions in PQs and even getting high ranks for your progress, the RNG's habit of dropping items is very annoying.
  • PQs in general should be more diverse in secret conditions that allow for more variety in how you complete the mission overall.
  • Back to RNG, the Mentor spawns shouldn't really follow RNG at all. Really, it would make more sense to just have all Mentor characters be avaliable to talk/train with in TokiToki City, and given that I doubt that any future Xenoverse installment is going to be held back by last-gen consoles, this should not be a problem.
  • Mentor training should be more specific in what the requirements are to progress through training, minus just finding an item, i.e. when told to use one of their techniques, there should be a set counter of how many times you use it to keep track and/or a number of enemies you must defeat with the technique.
  • Speaking of counters: future story missions that involve taking out a specific number of enemies i.e. Bardock/Broly Saga and GT Saga should have a counter for the player to keep track of on-screen. It's strange why it isn't already a thing to be honest. :/
  • This is an obvious one, but the SSJ form, for both CaCs and canon characters, needs to be nerfed or reconfigured. Its ability to allow the user to spam Super/Ultimate Attacks makes it a pain to fight against for some. 
  • While I am happy with the CaC customization options and can't really say that giving more options is a flaw because it will most likely be expanded upon regardless, in terms of both aesthetics and attack/item slots, the mechanic of having clothing items be tailored with stat increases/decreases should be taken off, and the mechanic of being able change the color of non-original clothing should be added.
  • The character variations on the roster is not terrible, but it does call for a reformat, and I can see it done by instead of creating slots based on story appearances, give every character an equal amount of slots and have all their moves (and available costumes) to be interchangeable between all of them, sort of like the system in Raging Blast.
  • Each CaC race class should have a transformation of some variety. This is hard to do in reality, but I think the best to suffice would be the Unlocked Potential skill idea I've mentioned in the past. Maybe even make a skill for Frieza's Race where they can have a Final Evolution form. Also, Kaioken and its variations is technically a transformation, so it would be best suited as one by default instead of a Super Attack.
  • CaC races shouldn't divide stats and playability based on gender and instead have a universal set standard for all races regardless of gender.
  • Another obvious one: the Majin race should allow male characters to be fat or skinny.

Well, the most recent patch supposedly increased chances of getting drops

With Mentor training, you don't technically have to use the skills they teach you to get to the next level at all, the relationship gauge slightly increases every time you do a mission, regardless of whether or not you even have their skills equipped. The only time you need to use them is when a training mission requires you to finish them off with it.

Say what you want about Super Saiyans Ultimate spamming, but I never could have completed "Super Ultimate Series of Battles" solo without it.

But I'd like to add something to that list: A dedicated Transformation slot so Super Saiyan doesn't take up an Ultimate Attack slot.

I'm not so sure about there begin a sequel, Yes Xenoverse is the most profitable game in the series thus far, but what sets it apart for every other Dragon Ball game is the fact that it has it's own story as well as the story of the anime. Unless a game does that and does it well, It doesn't deserve to be called "Xenoverse". At best it could be called a "spiritual successor" and even that's pushing it. Anything other than an entirely new full story mode can be added in DLC, even the original Dragon Ball saga

Besides, Dragon Ball Xenoverse itself is basically a prequel to Dragon Ball Online.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Well, the most recent patch supposedly increased chances of getting dropsWith Mentor training, you don't technically have to use the skills they teach you to get to the next level at all, the relationship gauge slightly increases every time you do a mission, regardless of whether or not you even have their skills equipped. The only time you need to use them is when a training mission requires you to finish them off with it.Say what you want about Super Saiyans Ultimate spamming, but I never could have completed "Super Ultimate Series of Battles" solo without it.But I'd like to add something to that list: A dedicated Transformation slot so Super Saiyan doesn't take up an Ultimate Attack slot.

I know the patch helped, but its still a big issue.

I am aware of this, but really, its a waste to not actually have to follow their instructions. It takes away the feeling that you're actually being trained by them and it just feels like you're just doing your own thing and waiting for them to give you a new training session so you can learn their junk.

That's an issue of the AI, which is another thing that should be automatically improved in a future installment.

Transformation slots would be handy, but it would also cause certain characters to not have any Transform skills at all, which isn't really something to knock because some characters just don't transform, but still, I just don't like to look at empty attack slots.

I know the patch helped, but its still a big issue.

I am aware of this, but really, its a waste to not actually have to follow their instructions. It takes away the feeling that you're actually being trained by them and it just feels like you're just doing your own thing and waiting for them to give you a new training session so you can learn their junk.

That's an issue of the AI, which is another thing that should be automatically improved in a future installment.

Transformation slots would be handy, but it would also cause certain characters to not have any Transform skills at all, which isn't really something to knock because some characters just don't transform, but still, I just don't like to look at empty attack slots.

Maybe a future patch will make it more reliable, but I really hope it doesn't get to the point where they're guaranteed. Makes it feel less like a reward.So perhaps before making a counter for skill use, they should first make the skills mandatory to increase relationship, as you can already access that gauge.Agreed on the AI.All races already have transformations, just not unique ones. they can all use the 3 Kaio-Kens. Another reason trasformations need to be a separate category, It's stupid for the Kaio-Kens to be Supers while the Super Saiyans are Ultimates. 

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Can't they just open the 3rd UA slot instead?

That still wouldn't solve the idiocy of Super Saiyan being Ultimate while Kaio-Ken is Super. I get that Super Saiyan is stronger than Kaio-Ken, but they're both transformations and no one is going to equip more than one at a time.

What 3rd slot? There's only two.

I think he means the one that's permanently empty on the in-battle UI, the one you mentioned earlier that annoys you.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I think he means the one that's permanently empty on the in-battle UI, the one you mentioned earlier that annoys you.

Well yeah, but there's still only two slots.