Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)

Read the information that has been released and that I've been posting regarding the gameplay and story and then come back.

Either way it's still kind of something that people play because it has dragon ball z characters in it. A good dbz game was Super Dragon Ball Z, it didn't have the huge roster and everything, but it was an actual dedicated fighter designed by the people who made street fighter 2. I liked the dragon ball games a lot too, specifically the origins games for the ds and revenge of king piccolo on wii.

Edited by Cucco

Either way it's still kind of something that people play because it has dragon ball z characters in it. A good dbz game was Super Dragon Ball Z, it didn't have the huge roster and everything, but it was an actual dedicated fighter designed by the people who made street fighter 2. 

Oh bullshit, that game was stiff as all hell and a Street Fighter CLONE. The best part about the game was that you can play as Chi Chi.

Anyways, this is a DRAGONBALL game, as in, a game made FOR those who enjoy DragonBall and want a fast paced style of gameplay that fits the show, you know like the other games that you were referencing that people only play "because it has DragonBall Z characters in it" but in actuality have way more merit than just that.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Oh bullshit, that game was stiff as all hell and a Street Fighter CLONE. The best part about the game was that you can play as Chi Chi.

Anyways, this is a DRAGONBALL game, as in, a game made FOR those who enjoy DragonBall and want a fast paced style of gameplay that fits the show, you know like the other games that you were referencing that people only play "because it has DragonBall Z characters in it" but in actuality have way more merit than just that.

Because the 3d fighters totally weren't button mashers. In the Tenkaichi games it had like 100 characters but it was in actuality 5 characters skinned over with a few different stat changes. In raging blast it was again a button masher, but it was a bit better about having more diverse characters. And street fighter is better than the actual dbz fighting games, so I'd rather have that cloned rather than Tenkaichi and Budokai being cloned for the 100th time. I enjoy the show to some extent(but more so the original db series), but the fighting games aren't worth getting every time as the same style is often used over and over again with a couple different characters.

Because the 3d fighters totally weren't button mashers. In the Tenkaichi games it had like 100 characters but it was in actuality 5 characters skinned over with a few different stat changes. In raging blast it was again a button masher, but it was a bit better about having more diverse characters. And street fighter is better than the actual dbz fighting games, so I'd rather have that cloned rather than Tenkaichi and Budokai being cloned for the 100th time. I enjoy the show to some extent(but more so the original db series), but the fighting games aren't worth getting every time as the same style is often used over and over again with a couple different characters.

The reason that we have a similar formula for most of the DragonBall fighting games is because you don't need to copy Street Fighter or anything like that. Who cares? Its about making a fun fighting game that will carry the same high octane speed and flow of the original series' combat. They had it down pat with both Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi, and have also tried other formulas in the past. However, DIMPS, the developer of his game as well as the Budokai series, are obviously trying to expand their own formula by throwing in elements of other games into the mix as well, creating a new experience overall.

And don't try to come at me with Street Fighter which has been recycling gameplay mechanics since the 80s. Also, diversity is not something you look for in a DragonBall game, because most fighters have similar movesets and abilites anyway. If you watch the show or read the manga, you'd know that already.

The reason that we have a similar formula for most of the DragonBall fighting games is because you don't need to copy Street Fighter or anything like that. Who cares? Its about making a fun fighting game that will carry the same high octane speed and flow of the original series' combat. They had it down pat with both Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi, and have also tried other formulas in the past. However, DIMPS, the developer of his game as well as the Budokai series, are obviously trying to expand their own formula by throwing in elements of other games into the mix as well, creating a new experience overall.

And don't try to come at me with Street Fighter which has been recycling gameplay mechanics since the 80s. Also, diversity is not something you look for in a DragonBall game, because most fighters have similar movesets and abilites anyway. If you watch the show or read the manga, you'd know that already.

Bitch I read all of the manga and watched all of the anime(movies and specials included) a long time ago. I liked budokai back in the day but now that I've gotten into more complex fighters such as Marvel vs Capcom,Tekken, and SF it feels rather bland to me. And there are a lot less street fighter games than there are DBZ games. That's why Street Fighter IV felt newer when it came out and got more praise, they had a lot more time to refine the mechanics.

Bitch I read all of the manga and watched all of the anime(movies and specials included) a long time ago. I liked budokai back in the day but now that I've gotten into more complex fighters such as Marvel vs Capcom,Tekken, and SF it feels rather bland to me. And there are a lot less street fighter games than there are DBZ games. That's why Street Fighter IV felt newer when it came out and got more praise, they had a lot more time to refine the mechanics.

Well maybe you're just expecting too much. Nobody cares if DragonBall: Xenoverse becomes the next hot button fighting game that all the hardcore figthing game fans are playing because that's not the point of making the game in the first place.

Squirting Demyx: The new dude looks like Gohan. Like....Just like Gohan. 

Its a created character, calm down. Its obvious that its not Gohan, they just have the same hairstyle.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Well maybe you're just expecting too much. Nobody cares if DragonBall: Xenoverse becomes the next hot button fighting game that all the hardcore figthing game fans are playing because that's not the point of making the game in the first place.

Its a created character, calm down. Its obvious that its not Gohan, they just have the same hairstyle.

Whatchu mean created character. cause his face even looks like gohan. xD

They are SIMILAR, granted, but its NOT Gohan. If you payed attention during the previews for Ultimate Tenkaichi (which I doubt you did, but that's fine, I don't think a lot of people did anyway) you would have noticed that Namco Bandi created a character in the game's Hero Mode that looks just like the Mysterious Warrior in Xenoverse.

Put two and two together. Its a very obvious thing to spot.

They are SIMILAR, granted, but its NOT Gohan. If you payed attention during the previews for Ultimate Tenkaichi (which I doubt you did, but that's fine, I don't think a lot of people did anyway) you would have noticed that Namco Bandi created a character in the game's Hero Mode that looks just like the Mysterious Warrior in Xenoverse.

Put two and two together. Its a very obvious thing to spot.

I knew he looked familiar...

Here's a translated scan showing off SSJ Mysterious Warrior, the Androids, AND confirming open world exploration in the story mode!

Posted Image

(http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/07/19/dragon-ball-xenoverse-hd-scan-translations-released/)

Also go here: http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/07/19/new-dragon-ball-xenoverse-screenshots-show-androids-super-saiyan-mysterious-boy/ for more sceenshots of the game in higher quality!

so are they gonna tell us who he is next issue? Created Character news?

No news on that. I still stand my belief (as well as the majority's belief) that he's simply a Created Character.

The new dude looks like Gohan. Like....Just like Gohan. 

It's Toriyama. The guy only draws like 5 faces and 4 hairstyles. (not bashing his talent, just saying its obvious he has certain preferences when it comes to designing characters). Look at Dragon quest, the MC of VII looks like Goten, the MC of VIII looks like Gohan and Angelo looks like Trunks.

As for me, I'm glad Dimps is behind this. Hopefully this means you can set up custom matches without online co-op being a requirement. I hated that in BoZ. The name "Xenoverse" and the fact the time Travel seems to be a key element make me wonder if this has something to do with

the 12 universes Beerus mentioned in BoG. I swear Toriyama is working up to another new season where Goku goes to different universes looking for the strongest fighter in any universe to test his strength

Also, can we finally play as Ascended Saiyan and Ultra Super Saiyan Goku, please? They made up a SSJ3 form for Broly, they can give ASJ and USSJ Goku a skill list.

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

Also, can we finally play as Ascended Saiyan and Ultra Super Saiyan Goku, please? They made up a SSJ3 form for Broly, they can give ASJ and USSJ Goku a skill list.

Good analysis with the story and all, but considering this is a time-travel sort of deal, which means we can have what-if forms like SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly, like you said, we should be getting some more what-if characters like SSJ3 Future Trunks or even SSJ3 Bardock. ASSJ and USSJ are just super power boosts, it wouldn't really be that interesting for them to be playable. Besides, USSJ Trunks is a pain to handle. lol

Good analysis with the story and all, but considering this is a time-travel sort of deal, which means we can have what-if forms like SSJ3 Vegeta and Broly, like you said, we should be getting some more what-if characters like SSJ3 Future Trunks or even SSJ3 Bardock. ASSJ and USSJ are just super power boosts, it wouldn't really be that interesting for them to be playable. Besides, USSJ Trunks is a pain to handle. lol

I'd still like to play as those forms.

just because we never got to see what they can do in the Anime

and... cause... well... Goku muscles  :wub:

Eh. I'll pass. But if that's what you want, alright. :/

I'm just going to assume those forms are noncanon, because I've followed pretty much every canon part of DBZ, and I've never even heard of anything remotely close to them.

They appeared while Goku was training with Gohan in the Time Chamber and appeared when Vegeta and Trunks transformed against Semi-Imperfect: Vegeta transformed into "Super Vegeta" which is basically him giving a name to the ASSJ form, and then Trunks transformed into an USSJ to fight Perfect Cell.

They appeared while Goku was training with Gohan in the Time Chamber and appeared when Vegeta and Trunks transformed against Semi-Imperfect: Vegeta transformed into "Super Vegeta" which is basically him giving a name to the ASSJ form, and then Trunks transformed into an USSJ to fight Perfect Cell.

I'll have to re-read the Cell fight then, because I don't remember this at all.

character creation confirmed in Xenoverse! :

the future warrior is actually a randomly created character!

we habe the possibility to make a human, a namekian or a majin (like buu), and it can be a boy or a girl.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

my reaction :

Posted Image

character creation confirmed in Xenoverse! :

the future warrior is actually a randomly created character!

we habe the possibility to make a human, a namekian or a majin (like buu), and it can be a boy or a girl.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

my reaction :

Posted Image

To be fair, everyone knew he was a custom character. xD