Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Five reasons why I like Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Isn't Birth By Sleep the only prequel in the KH series? Well, I guess 358/2 Days counts, but I think we should just all forget about that one.

Birth by Sleep is the only prequel in the series that starts long before KH1 started. 

I never got to play birth by sleep b/c I didn't have a PSP, but I did watch the videos on youtube. Honestly, I think one of the reasons why it's such a fan favorite is because the story is simple and easy to follow. I'm  not saying that's bad, it's actually works in the game's favor. By having a simple story line, it allowed me to connect to the characters and become invested in them. Thus, when the plot reached it's emotional climax, I remember crying.   Personally, I think one of the main issues with KH games is the fact the storylines can be confusing at times unless you're very well versed in the game's lore. I remember when dream drop distance first came out, it took me awhile to REALLY understand some of the major plot points (not that it was super complex, it was just confusing). So, it's nice too see BBS has a story that's relatively easy to follow and has a mixture of great characters and drama. :)

Fool. What about that KH chi game?

WHAT KH chi game? I don't see a KH Chi game here. It sounds really stupid, though. I'm glad Square never actually made something like that.

Edited by Kaweebo

WHAT KH chi game? I don't see a KH Chi game here. It sounds really stupid, though. I'm glad Square never actually made something like that.

its a japan only oficial kingdom hearts online game thats probably free and takes place before the keyblade war i think but it's sure as hell non canon

For me I would go

• A magic/mage based character(Aqua), it's my favourite play style in any game
  • Command melding
  • Command Deck
  • The worlds
  • Shotlocks

The game play in BBS is the one I've enjoyed the most thus far

its a japan only oficial kingdom hearts online game thats probably free and takes place before the keyblade war i think but it's sure as hell non canon

Nomura is planning to link Chi to the main storyline though

Isn't Birth By Sleep the only prequel in the KH series? Well, I guess 358/2 Days counts, but I think we should just all forget about that one.

Days, Com, DDD and coded are more of medquels, or interludes

1. You get to play as three different characters

2. You get the visit new worlds.

3. There is a world there that lets people play online with other people.

4. All three character ending are very suspenseful even to this day.

5. It is the only prequel in the KH series that takes place  10 years before the events of KH1 started. 

That's nice.

Edited by Drones

Ironically, most of the reasons given in this list are some of the reasons that I don't care for BBS (the exception being the new worlds, yet even then, many of them are handled poorly enough that I can't quite enjoy even that).

1) Dwarf Woodlands

2) Ven and his speed attacks

3) Never land mainland!! (but why can't we fly????????)

4) Background stories and kiddo cameos

5) hoping for rerecorded music for KH2FM and BbSFM in 2.5ReMIX

The reason no.1 why BBS is my favorite KH game is because the worlds are kept short enough and they actually fit the story, unlike most Disney worlds in KH2 and DDD...

But the other reasons are quite same as you said, never cared for the online mode though. Plus, I love how it gives background for so many characters and gives so much more depth to the whole series.

Birth By Sleep is one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts games of all time for all the reasons you mentioned!  Terra, Aqua and Ventus' story is a tragic one, and it's one that I find emotional and gives so much for us to think about.  And it's an excellent prequel that really fleshes out the lore of the series and answers several questions we had on our minds back in the day.  Ah yes, Birth By Sleep will always be my favorite Kingdom Hearts game of all time.  I'll never forget Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment beating the bloody pulp out of me endless times until I finally beat him! :')

Birth By Sleep is one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts games of all time for all the reasons you mentioned!  Terra, Aqua and Ventus' story is a tragic one, and it's one that I find emotional and gives so much for us to think about.  And it's an excellent prequel that really fleshes out the lore of the series and answers several questions we had on our minds back in the day.  Ah yes, Birth By Sleep will always be my favorite Kingdom Hearts game of all time.  I'll never forget Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment beating the bloody pulp out of me endless times until I finally beat him! :')

Sadly I never defeated Vanitas's Lingering Sentiment.