Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
tlrpttmn

KHCoM Do you prefer COM or Re:COM

Do you prepher COM or Re:COM  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer COM or Re:COM

• Chain of Memories
    • Re:Chain of Memories

I prefer Re:Chain of Memories, but the original version gave us a bunch of amazing sprites which was awesome. I'm a huge fan of those and that style of spriting.

Edited by JTD95

I never played COM (got into the series when Gameboy was dead and I wasn't paying £50 for a used copy), but considering I've started Re:COM I feel that if I went for COM i'd just be going backwards.  I don't have nostalgia over it to not criticize it.  

I'm a week or two away from playing re:, but I got to level 94 on Sora in the original and roflstomped Marluxia with a deck of 0's, 9's, and Trinity spam.  Visually, I really like the sprite style and Axel's "COMMIT IT TO MEMORY" is just so bizarre I love it.

I think I will always like the Original the most :P

I can go either way. Playing the original which was hard prepped me up for Re:COM, which was not nearly as hard save for the final boss which was about as hard as the first one. Although, i prefer Re:COM, it feels more like a KH game.

Truthfully I am not overly fond of CoM period, the card system can really piss me off and I am unable to assemble Sleights. In Re: I've endured quite a few defeats that with the battle style of Kingdom Hearts 1 would not have happened. At the same time however the concept is interesting and speaking as someone who'd originally played it on the GBA(had no idea until by accident yesterday that there was a PS2 version), having it on a larger screen has been more appealing and somewhat easier. Just tonight I actually turned my GBA cartridge on again for the first time in literally years and noticed, most likely because now I have something to compare it to, how difficult it is to judge the perception, where you are on the screen in relation to the foe. I had to turn it back off after a short time but not only for that reason. I want to save the story for FM in which I am slightly behind. 

Perhaps it's because I have now come to understand the system somewhat better since playing it on FM but there are a few battles I was not stuck on for as long as when I played it on the GBA such as The Parasite Cage and Hades. Though then again I had put my GBA cartridge aside for a long time when I was stuck on the Parasite Cage(and I'll never forget that I was sitting in Astronomy class, 2010 or 2011 when I finally beat the thing ha and for the record I still got an A in the class). Some battles are still a struggle however, such as Hook where I am stuck now and as mentioned earlier I am a sleight dunce even now. Though I am just barely beginning to practice, I've already found them difficult to assemble.

I'm in no denial whatsoever that I've gotten through both versions on sheer dumb luck, it's not just sleights, I have zero skill period with the card system which is likely most of the reason it can be frustrating for me but though the gameplay otherwise is interesting I am primarily in FM for the story. 

EDIT:

I need a vent here. The cards have just pissed me off in a whole new way. Here I am having trouble with Vexen, the first round with him. I just beat him on my GBA but there all he did was float around a bunch whereas on FM he's relentless. DestinyIslands.com says he's weak to fire so I figure Mushu would be useful but guess what!? I can't get into the Hallow Bastian's Room of Rewards because I don't have an effing red map card with a value of 7 and apparently it HAS to be a 7 exactly! What exactly am I supposed to do about that? There is no control over obtaining map cards except the roulette room but I only have one roulette room card with a value of 1 so that's out. Ugh! 

Edited by FinalRest

I honestly prefer Re:CoM, because we actually got to see and hear the Organization members up-close. ( on a side note though, did anyone notice that Axel actually swears in the original? Oopsie daisy! xD)