Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

There are a lot of mixed feelings about what the intro to KH3 should be. As in, a new song from Utada, a new song not from Utada, or just one of the two we've already used. 

I remember when the intro for Kingdum Harts Birthby sleep was released, and a rock/kinda metal song was used for it. Almost everybody hated it. Not long after it was changed back to Simple and Clean. 

So my question is, how would guys feel about using a Utada song we've already used, but have a different singer. Also say which singer you would like to sing.

Edited by Shana09

Actually, a cover might be nice. I don't really know what band or singer I would opt for, but I think it would be a fresh coat of paint that wouldn't do any harm. Assuming that they don't get a new song altogether (which I would still prefer, but regardless).

Didn't know Birth by Sleep's intro got so much hate, I personally enjoyed it. 

I would like if Utada returned to make a new song, but that's very unlikely. For an alternative artist, I think Hanaeryca (Sung 'Someday' in TWEWY) or another 'The World Ends With You' singer would be a good idea.

(You forgot to say "Fool.")

I didn't know people hated BBS's intro, but if it's true, I find it ironic considering the same remix was used for KH1's intro.  As for me, I'm conflicted.  I figured they should stick to its roots since KH3 is supposed to be the final game in the current saga, but I'm getting a bit tired of Simple and Clean and Sanctuary.  A breath of fresh air wouldn't do any harm.

I didn't know people hated BBS's intro, but if it's true, I find it ironic considering the same remix was used for KH1's intro.  As for me, I'm conflicted.  I figured they should stick to its roots since KH3 is supposed to be the final game in the current saga, but I'm getting a bit tired of Simple and Clean and Sanctuary.  A breath of fresh air wouldn't do any harm.

Fool. I don't start threads with fool. It wasn't a remix. It was a different song completely by a different band. The intro was released before the game came out. It got a lot of hate, so it got switched back to Simple and Clean.

Edited by MasterXemnas

Fool. I don't start threads with fool. It wasn't a remix. It was a different song completely by a different band. The intro was released before the game came out. It got a lot of hate, so it got switched back to Simple and Clean.

Whoa, really?  Didn't know that.  What song was it?  Can you find a link?

Really... Don't remember that at all.

New Utada song- I thought nothing could beat Simple and Clean, then I thought nothing could beat Passion, so if they make a new one I'm sure it'll be just as great if not greater than those two! ^~^

I'm just wondering, what was the BBS old intro opening? I can't seem to find it and I never heard it.

I'm hoping for either a new Utada song or an old one she sang but they never used (No more Simple & Clean and Sanctuary)

I'm just wondering, what was the BBS old intro opening? I can't seem to find it and I never heard it.

I'm hoping for either a new Utada song or an old one she sang but they never used (No more Simple & Clean and Sanctuary)

Any links to the original song for Birth by Sleep, or any interviews confirming this?

This? Please?

There are a lot of mixed feelings about what the intro to KH3 should be. As in, a new song from Utada, a new song not from Utada, or just one of the two we've already used. 

I remember when the intro for Kingdum Harts Birthby sleep was released, and a rock/kinda metal song was used for it. Almost everybody hated it. Not long after it was changed back to Simple and Clean. 

So my question is, how would guys feel about using a Utada song we've already used, but have a different singer. Also say which singer you would like to sing.

New Utada song- I thought nothing could beat Simple and Clean, then I thought nothing could beat Passion, so if they make a new one I'm sure it'll be just as great if not greater than those two! ^~^

I really hope they use a new song. If Simple and Clean wasn't used in in like four other games, I would have been fine with it being in the third game. We need Utada back ):  

Teruzane Utada (Utada Hikaru's father) told the reason to why they rejected Disney's offer  in 2009, which was because of lack of payment for the work and effort that was put into each song. Utada Hikaru eleborated and told about the amount of effort it takes to work with the melodies with two different languages.

[source: Jettany http://jetaany.org/magazine_files/utada.pdf]

But how could they reject an offer back in 2009? kingdom Hearts 3 wasn't any near to a release date, heck not even a production date. This was the time of the release of her  album "This Is the One", maybe one of the reasons could also be that she needed a rest.

In 2010 Utada had her "In the flesh tour", she also stated that she would go on hiatus from music because she wanted to explore the world and learn more about herself.

From 2011 and onwards she's pretty much been on hiatus, since then she's released "Sakura Nagashi" in late 2012 (November 17, 2013.) and she also began her own radio show named "Kuma Power Hour" in 2013. 

Her father (@U3Music) tweeted that Utada for Kingdom Hearts 3 is yet undecided. He did answer yes before. I'm leaning towards a yes rather than a no.

Posted Image

She's been through some personal things during her hiatus aswell for instance her mother Keiko Fuji passed away in August 22, 2013.

In 2014 she got engaged, the reason I'm typing this is because her main reason on going on hiatus was wanting to "learn more about herself".

Posted Image

She also recently released her "In the Flesh Tour" on iTunes and is planning to release a remastered version of her "First Love" album later this year in March 10, 2014 to be exact.

To me it looks like she's beginning to get out of her hiatus on music and Kingdom Hearts 3 would be a great comeback for her! We can only hope.

If everything fails...  

I got the feeling that her dad saying she was going to do it and then taking it back on twitter was a NDA thing - I don't think they would want to unveil the song so soon, especially not from an un-official source.  The "oh wait, pretend I never said anything" feeling from it was...suspicious.

Really... Don't remember that at all. 

Any links to the original song for Birth by Sleep, or any interviews confirming this?

This? Please?

I think he means this one. Granted it's just the music, not the intro but it's the onlu Rock/Metal version I've ever heard of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LG-N2Z6j6Lc

How could anyone hate this awesomeness? I want this to be used for the menu trailer of KH III

I think they should end the series with a great new song. Utada and square have at least a year to find a good song for the intro and they should do it

It's not the end.

Seriously people the series will continue after III and, in fact it can be infered from comments in certain interviews that the villain of the next saga will be introduced, or at least hinted at in III

That really needs to be the tagline for KH III 

"This is not the end"

Edited by Isamu_Kuno

I think he meant this one.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LG-N2Z6j6LcHow could anyone hate this awesomeness? I want this to be used for the menu trailer of KH III

Im pretty sure thats fanmade and it was never the original opening.A fan created the remix and it was put together in an amv with the khII secret ending. The secret ending of the final battle with TAV. Square has nothing to do with this.

Whoa, really?  Didn't know that.  What song was it?  Can you find a link?

Fool. You guys don't remember? The intro to BBS was released before the game, and they had a different song. I can't find it, I've tried. It was years ago and it always got a lot of dislikes. But the song wasn't related to Utada in any way. I'll keep looking though.

Edited by MasterXemnas

Im pretty sure thats fanmade and it was never the original opening.A fan created the remix and it was put together in an amv with the khII secret ending. The secret ending of the final battle with TAV. Square has nothing to do with t

Thai's probably true but, to be fair, Square has nothing to do with Hikari, Simple and Clean, Passion or Sanctuary either, all they did was license it for uses, Utada did all the work so they could license these guys' version too.

Thai's probably true but, to be fair, Square has nothing to do with Hikari, Simple and Clean, Passion or Sanctuary either, all they did was license it for uses, Utada did all the work so they could license these guys' version too.

And? The metal version is still a fanmade mix

And? The metal version is still a fanmade mix

I know, I was talking about it being in KH III. Fan made or not, If they license it they can use it.

I'm only saying that this may be the version MasterXemnas was talking about since it's the only metal version I've ever heard about.