Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Here's hoping III doesn't let us down >.<

Here's hoping III doesn't let us down >.<

Me too.....my friend.......me too.

So you think Master Yen Sid would bring her just to know that she is a keyblade wielder? Of course he will give her special training.

I dunno......i think it'll be enough to the point where she could defend herself....i don't she'll be keyblade master material in my opinion.

She will be useful because now she's being trained by Yen Sid with Lea so she can stand side by side with Sora and Riku ,so she's surrounded by badasses and has a reason to become a badass so Kairi will become useful and maybe even steal the show from Sora during the final fight

Me too.....my friend.......me too.I dunno......i think it'll be enough to the point where she could defend herself....i don't she'll be keyblade master material in my opinion.

She doesn't have to be a keyblade master in order to fight well. Look Sora is not a keyblade master yet he is brilliant at using the keyblade.I am not saying that she would turn crazy and fight as professional, but at least she will learn to fight as much as she can especially since the war is close.

EhhhI dunno.....It's kinda hard for me to see her being something else than a plot device.So by useful as in not plot device noUsefull as in plot device, yeah you can count on it.

You're an idiot. She's going to be a guardian of light. Which means HELPING TO KILL Xehanort in the final fight. That's not a fukcing plot device. That's being useful.

You're an idiot. She's going to be a guardian of light. Which means HELPING TO KILL Xehanort in the final fight. That's not a fukcing plot device. That's being useful.

Relax, I was joking

EhhhI dunno.....It's kinda hard for me to see her being something else than a plot device.So by useful as in not plot device noUsefull as in plot device, yeah you can count on it.

Oh, those are fighting words around here. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic, what I don't like about how Kairi is written as a character is the fact that she was given a keyblade when it was not needed. Now that I have gathered my thoughts, I have faith in myself to explain my self thoroughly. 

Although Kairi was absent in past games, she still had relevance to the plot. She is the head bitch in the KH series (well...Aqua too), many (not all) of Sora's motives was for Kairi to be safe and to see her again. The others was for Riku and the sake of the worlds. Kairi, although not present on screen, has had a role in the games. She represents home, safety, and Destiny Islands. 

Now that she is a potential wielder (she has not summoned it yet), all of that previous symbolism has been destroyed. There is no reason for Sora and Riku to want to go home. Who will be waiting? (parents? Sora's dinner from 2 yrs ago?). Kairi wants to be part of the gang which is fine and bad. She wants to be brave (and is brave), but maybe seeing what is all about she can see what fighting on the front lines is about. It could be good for her, and it could be bad for her. It is dangerous, and there are formidable and omnipotent opponents out there (Xehanort, Maleficent). Just being brave won't save you. For this reason, the development I want to see is Kairi realizing that her place does not have to be on the battle field or with her friends all the time. Do what you feel is right. Don't do it because you feel useless. You can be brave in your own way, and your friends don't Maybe she can make more friends instead of being so needy to be with Sora and Riku which is a difference between Sora/Riku and Kairi. 

Sora has many friends in other worlds. Sora has a constant support system. Aladdin, Genie, Peter Pan, Tinkerbelle, Alice, Tarzan, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, etc. Riku, as observed in the Hunchback level in DDD and with Mickey, has started to form relationships. However, all Kairi has is the people on the islands namely just Selphie, and they are not that close. All she had was Riku and Sora until she met the Twilight Town crew, but even still. She needs a variety of friends instead of relying on two. If she had the support, waiting would have been easier. 

For example, her nobody, Namine is one of the most important people in the series and she has not picked up a keyblade. DiZ, Ansem the wise, is majorly important and does not wield or fight. Fighting does not have to be with fists or swords. You can combat mentally. Look at Xemnas and Xehanort, they fight mentally first; then, when necessary they will fight. 

I have been in AP English way too long. 

Just my two cents.

Edited by HikariYami

She doesn't have to be a keyblade master in order to fight well. Look Sora is not a keyblade master yet he is brilliant at using the keyblade.I am not saying that she would turn crazy and fight as professional, but at least she will learn to fight as much as she can especially since the war is close.

Sora and riku had to go thru two journeys to gain that experience under their belt. I just don't see kairi being that good before the war.

She doesn't have to be a keyblade master in order to fight well. Look Sora is not a keyblade master yet he is brilliant at using the keyblade.

'Cough' We are brilliant.

I hope, and also have faith, that now that she's a Keyblade Wielder, that she'll be playable and have a significant role this time :)

Agreed, she should be a little bit more like Aqua. As much as sora needs to be a little bit more like riku when it comes to darkness/xehanort and everything. KH3D made that clear....

While I hope that she'll be significant this time around, I must disagree on this point, cuz if you ask me, Sora and Kairi are perfect the way they are. Riku is the all serious and not-so-easily-decieved character, Kairi is the steadfast and strongwilled character, and Sora is naïve but has a heart of gold. That's the way they are, and that's how we.....that's the way I love them.

She's useful in every game. If it wasn't for Kairi, Sora wouldn't do all this stuff.

Being a damsel in distress plot device, doesn't equal being useful.