Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Video The GMV Contest of 2014!

Description

It's back for it's fifth consecutive year. The GMV Contest is a contest held yearly by Sora96. It puts some of the best video editors on KH13.com against each other to decide who is number one. The contest continues to grow more and more popular each year and I hope it continues that way this year.

How to enter

To enter you must simply reply to this topic with a video you've made by January 18, 2014. You can use any video that you've made. It doesn't matter when it was made.

Rules

All videos used in this contest must use clips from the Kingdom Hearts series and/or FINAL FANTASY series. 

If you do decide to make a new video I recommend you render it in 720p or 1080p. However if you render it in 480p it won't affect your position or chance of winning in this contest unless the quality is poor. I want all videos to be in the highest quality possible.

The minimum length of all videos is 30 seconds. There is no limit.

You can host your videos on YouTube or Vimeo.

Prizes

After the contest is completed you will be able to add to your Member Title, Profile and/or Signature a message saying where you finished in this contest. Eg. "The GMV Contest of 2014 Champion!". You've probably seen other members with this from past years.

Likes will be awarded throughout the contest on both your posts and your videos. 

I will subscribe to some YouTube channels.

Throughout this contest your videos and your channel will most likely gain a boost in views, likes and subscribers.

This year's champion will also get a mystery prize. The mystery prize is early access to a new section of our video archive.

Seedings

#1 FurySpark
#2 Charlotte Kinouchi
#3 Stardustblade358
#4 Joemahon1
#5 The Basic Nerd
#6 Isaix
#7 TheTimidLight

Playoffs 

Wildcard Round

Stardustblade358 v Isaix - Winner: Stardustblade358

Joemahon1 v The Basic Nerd - Winner: The Basic Nerd

Divisional Playoff

Charlotte Kinouchi v Stardustblade358 - Winner: Charlotte Kinouchi
FurySpark v The Basic Nerd - Winner: FurySpark

Championship Final

Charlotte Kinouchi v FurySpark - Winner: Fury Spark

For reference:

The GMV Contest of 2010!: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/11792-the-gmv-contest-of-2010/

The GMV Contest of 2011!: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/22356-sora96s-gmv-contest-of-2011/

The GMV Contest of 2012!: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/30468-the-gmv-contest-of-2012/

The GMV Contest of 2013!: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/46497-the-gmv-contest-of-2013/

this is probably a stupid question but what is a GMV? :/

I think it's " General Media Video", like AMV  is " Animated Music video", but i'm probably wrong. 

Gmv means Gaming Music Video 

Amv Means Anime Music Video

MMV Means Manga Music Video 

thats normally how it all works out 

Gmv means Gaming Music Video 

Amv Means Anime Music Video

MMV Means Manga Music Video 

thats normally how it all works out 

I think it's " General Media Video", like AMV  is " Animated Music video", but i'm probably wrong. 

thx

this is probably a stupid question but what is a GMV? :/

Game Music Video

And I see this contest today. Oh well, let me see if I can get something done in 5 days. 

If you need an extra day just ask me.

Seedings

#1 FurySpark

#2 Charlotte Kinouchi

#3 Stardustblade358

#4 Joemahon1

#5 The Basic Nerd

#6 Isaix

#7 TheTimidLight

Analysis

FurySpark has just broken the record for most #1 seeds in The GMV Contest history. He has taken the #1 seed three times in total in 2011, 2013 and now 2014. Tricia-chan previously held the record with two in 2010 and 2012 respectively.

Charlotte Kinouchi, Stardustblade358 and Joemahon1 have also returned from past years and have each taken good seeds.

Playoffs: Wildcard Round

Stardustblade358 v Isaix

Joemahon1 v The Basic Nerd

FurySpark & Charlotte Kinouchi have the bye.

TheTimidLight has been eliminated.

Deadline: January 31

The Mystery Prize is...

This year's champion will have early access to a new section of our video archive.

Good luck!