Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Pokémon X and Y - General Discussion

I'm not sure what starter to pick, because they are so amazing, but i'll probably pick Fennekin.

Fennekin is really cute and its evolution might be amazing (NOT A FIRE/FIGHTING, IF YOU DO ILL CREATE A RIOT). Also for the first time I'll get a fire dog/cat as a starter, even if its a Fennec Fox. 8D

Chespin is soooo adorable. It's the Squirtle/Cyndaquil/Mudkip/Piplup/Oshawott of Gen 6. Also for the first time it's not a reptilian or plant 8D, except a chipmunk-hedgehog thing. 

Froakie seems really cool :3. It looks very interesting, and his bubbly mustache and hair look so majestic. 

I think the game will be a much better improvement from Gen V, and I loved Gen V so much. It might replace that as my most favourite game in the series. 8D

There is 5 so far, and it is stated by the creator of Pokemon that the Pokedex number would be more than 700 now.

I'm not sure which version to get, both look so amazing it's so hard for me to choose. D8

Gym (I hope) (in order): Poison (Toxic to firetruck everyone over), Steel (super hard defenses), Psychic (annoying), Dark (because), Fire (you need a normal type like this), Water (Same goes for water), Electric (Same goes for Electric), Fighting (the pokemon better be good and strong). 

Elite 4 (in order): Dragon, Rock, Bug, and then Grass

Champion: Normal or Ghost.

Xerneas: Light/Water or Digital/Water (assuming Light or Digital are types)Yveltal: Dark/Fire or Dark/Digital (if that's a type)

I doubt they'd add types.  Psychic is essentially what they use as a light, if anything. 

On a side note, I claim the name Mozilla for my fire starter.

X,Y, then the sequel will be Z,

I think the games are based on the chromosomes x and y(If you know what that is)

if it's based off the chromosomes, there shouldn't be a Z.  I personally like the axis theory more, but that only works with a Z.  Of course, they might just be letters.

x and y axis create a 2d image dude you need a z axis to create a 3d image. maybe there is a third legendary that can be Z or something and that would make correlation but for now it is not.

It'd be hard to shape a pokemon like a Z, even remotely...  But if anyone could do it, it's them.

I want Chespin cuz he/she looks awesome. I would prolly like Xerneas better than Yveltal. I don't know how much I'll like the new view cuz Pokemon to me is overview(besides Gale of Darkness and Coliseum, but I thought the others were better imo) and idk if I can get with the change.

Edited by Venxas24

I always start with grass and I'm keeping it like that...though I wish I can trade for the fox...actually it's hard to chose...arrrghhh why!

I think this is a big step up for the Pokemon series and I'm looking forward to it.

I honestly like all three starters and I'm having a hard time choosing which one to pick but I might go with Froakie since I usually start with a water type the first time around.

I'm going with Pokemon X since Xerneas looks amazing to me, not that Yvetal looks bad I just prefer Xerneas.

The theme of game might be DNA, genetics a sci-fi kind of story.

As for the gyms I'm hoping for a dark(it's about time we get one),flying,grass,psychic, ghost,fire, steel and fighting.

The elite 4 could be ground/rock,dragon,ice, electric.

The champion could have a electric,fire,ghost, psychic type group.

When do you reckon you'll be able to pre-order? I'm gonna order both ASAP for me and my girlfriend and take the risk with it - I am withholding judgement for now... (but damn they look cool)

Edited by Ajexmi

So it turns out that the Y Shaped Legendary is Yveltal, and the X Shaped Legendary is Xerneas.

Do you like these names?
Which one is your favorite?
Do you want to shoot yourself in the skull while looking at them?
Discuss.

Posted Image
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/09/meet-the-legendary-pokemon-of-x-and-y

Edited by SinHeartlessAngel

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/09/the-50-best-video-game-franchises/call-of-duty this is just one of many instances where it is NOT number one. I'm not trying to pick a fight but its not #1. It is #6 on this list. It's in different spots on different lists, but #1 on none of them. It might be number one of 1st person shooters, or number one on current home consoles, but as far as most popular franchises of all time go, it is not.

Well it could of been in November ;3 Thats when I read the story and heard of it so :P 

I doubt they'd add types.  Psychic is essentially what they use as a light, if anything. 

On a side note, I claim the name Mozilla for my fire starter.

While I agree it's doubtful, there's no reason they wouldn't add types.

And lol about a million people have said they're calling their fire starter that. :P On all the other forums I'm on, anyway.

if it's based off the chromosomes, there shouldn't be a Z.  I personally like the axis theory more, but that only works with a Z.  Of course, they might just be letters.

It'd be hard to shape a pokemon like a Z, even remotely...  But if anyone could do it, it's them.

Lol, I actually just copied that from another site. But yeah I didn't think X and Y were possible without looking stupid but there they are.

So it turns out that the Y Shaped Legendary is Yveltal, and the X Shaped Legendary is Xerneas.

Do you like these names?

Which one is your favorite?

Do you want to shoot yourself in the skull while looking at them?

Discuss.

If I remember correctly they try to name the legendaries something that transcends all cultures. If there names have a clever meaning I might but for now they just seem like "because foreign" names. I kinda like Xerneas's name anyways though maybe because his flesh bears the sigil. Yveltal is my favorite. The sun behind him though is kind of annoying. And even though Xerneas looks pretty cool his antlers are kind of nauseating, not enough to take a keyblade light beam to the face though.

I predicted RS remakes would be on the 3DS and sometime between 2014-2015, and it seems to be coming true. Why? These games+possible Pokemon Z version/sequels/Z version and sequel combined. (Latter just not having some fusion dance)

Like most people on the site, we all hope for some things in the game, but this is what I expect. Let's get down!First of all....I steel (see what I did?) want my Grass/Fire Pokemon! There are some other matches I still wanna see........Hopeful things:I want Froakie to have a mustache (everyone does) in his or her final evo.I'd like to see Chespin have a rabbit head and squirrel tal in his later evos. It'd be all the more reason for some to get him. Who doesn't want a grass rabbit with an epic tail?Fennekin. Fennekin. What do I want Fennekin to get? I kinda want the tufts of his or her ears to grow longer, and eventually look like a feathered boa.Predictions:I expect and predict that Xerneas will be Steel and Psychic, unless Nintendo trolls us and makes it a normal and steel, which would be messed up.......I think they might be a dragon elite 4, as well as a dark gym.There will be one rival.Rival shall get a super strong pokemon at the end and challenges you to a final battle.Things I DON'T want to see: (I heard you) Liek (Mudkips) most, there are some things in pokemon that have to be broken, and have got to go:No more over powered startersSnivy was the best starter. People were like: He looks stupid! But then when Smugleaf, or better known as Snivy evolved to Serperior, everyone changed and though Sninvy was the best. The reason? Serperior had ridiculous speed being a final evolved STARTER!BacktrackingStupid TrainersI want the trainers to be able to see you about 14 blocks away, not just six blocks where you could be like ahead, but not right in front.

What do YOU want?