Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Pokémon X and Y - General Discussion

Yes but when it got released they had so many people online trying to download it that the servers where laggy so they took it down. Only a few handful of people have it on there 3ds ATM.

As much as I love X&Y,my biggest letdown of it was The Elite Four and the champion,they're an absolute joke even if when I was lower than them by 7 or 8 levels they had only four Pokemon despite that EVERY SINGLE ELITE FOUR BEFORE THEM HAS EITHER 5 OR 6 POKEMON.And they were way too easy...and by that I mean Bruno's kind of easy.

The champion Diantha in my opinion is the worst champion in the series

She's  just there to be pretty and she's nowhere near the awesomeness of Cynthia and Iris

You have Cynthia with her OP team and awesome soundtrack playing during the battle

You have Iris with her upbeat and energetic them that while sounded like Rainbow Road from Mario Kart it was still super awesome

Diantha's theme on the other hand I felt it was like a Gym Leader theme and wasn't an exciting theme for me at all...which is ironic considering that her theme has few musical notes from the Gym Leader theme of Gen 3

Edited by Metal Snake

Well 5th gen had 4 Pokemon at first too and later on had 6 after u beat the main game. You have to remember with this game they where trying to get new players in by not making it to difficult. The game is beautiful in every way and I'm not disappointed with it. The only thing I hate about this game is the lack of new Pokemon otherwise I'm fine with it :) they had to change a lot from the other games so really they probably didn't have enough time to get things in.

Their themes were awesome...

But I agree with the Kalos champion. I blame the writers, since the story would've been meh without AZ's past. (They didn't add much personally to her and didnt make her contribute at all- maybe Z could fix that.)

Last but not least...

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Bank

Well 5th gen had 4 Pokemon at first too and later on had 6 after u beat the main game. You have to remember with this game they where trying to get new players in by not making it to difficult. The game is beautiful in every way and I'm not disappointed with it. The only thing I hate about this game is the lack of new Pokemon otherwise I'm fine with it :) they had to change a lot from the other games so really they probably didn't have enough time to get things in.

I'm not dissapointed in X&Y I love the games so much

I loved everything about them except the Elite Four and the champion

I won't mind them not being super duper hard or something,but they're so forgettable beyond belief

At least with 5th gen Elite Four their battle theme was so absolutely awesome and epic and their selection of Pokemon were good and in Black and White 2 they had 5 each and I liked them especially Marshal and Shantall

They don't have to be hard but at least they have to be challenging enough for the last bosses of the game

Lance was awesome in Gen 1 as a member of the Elite Four and as the champion(FREAKIN DRAGONITES MAN!!)

Blue,Steven,Cynthia and Iris all were unique in their own way and Cynthia was the best champion the series ever had

Diantha on the other hand is absolutely forgettable and unlikable

She appears once or twice during your journey before you face her and unlike Blue our rival,Lance who helped us in Johto against Team Rocket,Steven who helps you during your journey and a president of an entire company under his name,Cynthia who gives you a Togebi,HELPS YOU IN THE DISTORTION WORLD and fight Team Galactic,Iris who helped you in Castelia City,was a Gym Leader in White version and she trained with her mentor Drayden to become the Champion of Unova andAlder who watch you on your journey and helps you in the big fight against N and Team Plasma

All those champions were unique and memorable in their own ways especially Lance,Cynthia,Alder and Iris

What does Diantha have??She's an actress....that's it.

She doesn't help you against Team Flare,she barely even met you and only heard about you from her supposed fiancee Sycamore and she doesn't do anything.

And the battle with her was just pathetically easy

I mean look 

Blue had his overleveled team from his journey and while he wasn't hard he's still better than Diantha

Lance has his three Dragonites,Aerodactyl,Gyarados and Charizard and he was very very challenging if you don't have an ice type

Steven had his mighty Metagross,Cradily and other Pokemon

Cynthia had her nightmare fuel Garchomp,the troll Spiritomb,Lucario,Roserade,freakin Togekiss,and Gastrodon

What does Diantha have??the only thing Diantha have is her Mega Gardevoir and that's it

Look I love X&Y so much and I'm already doing competitive battles like crazy in it.....but Diantha is the worst Champion

I kinda wish Sycamore was the champion

Also,I don't like Diantha's champion theme at all

Edited by Metal Snake

This game has made me addicted to pokemon breeding. O.O

To be honest, Y is probably the longest I've spent on a playthrough of a Pokemon game at one time. Probably because breeding gets so addicting in a weird way.Anyway, Alder's a worse champion than Diantha anyway. He literally gets screwed over by N's Castle in the ending of BW, and even then when you can rematch the E4 who the firetruck thought it would be a good idea to use a Bug-type champion?EDIT: With that said, I do think part of the problem is the structure of the E4. I like the idea of being able to choose the order you want to take them on, but that creates the problem where there's no level progression because all 4 of them have to be at the same level. I think if it was, like, you can choose the first three, but the 4th member and the champion are set, then the difficulty drop wouldn't be as jarring.

Edited by Jilly Shears

This game has made me addicted to pokemon breeding. O.O

SOOO MANY EGGS.....SO MANY EGGS

To be honest, Y is probably the longest I've spent on a playthrough of a Pokemon game at one time. Probably because breeding gets so addicting in a weird way.Anyway, Alder's a worse champion than Diantha anyway. He literally gets screwed over by N's Castle in the ending of BW, and even then when you can rematch the E4 who the firetruck thought it would be a good idea to use a Bug-type champion?EDIT: With that said, I do think part of the problem is the structure of the E4. I like the idea of being able to choose the order you want to take them on, but that creates the problem where there's no level progression because all 4 of them have to be at the same level. I think if it was, like, you can choose the first three, but the 4th member and the champion are set, then the difficulty drop wouldn't be as jarring.

The only bug type Pokemon Alder has is Volcarona...and Volcarona is awesome

and while I don't like the battle with Alder that much...I really love his role in Black and White 1

As for the structure it wasn't that much of a problem in Gen 5 as they're still in a good enough level to be challenging and fun

in Gen 6 however,despite their high levels,their selection of Pokemon and moveset suck

I

I'm not dissapointed in X&Y I love the games so much I loved everything about them except the Elite Four and the champion I won't mind them not being super duper hard or something,but they're so forgettable beyond belief At least with 5th gen Elite Four their battle theme was so absolutely awesome and epic and their selection of Pokemon were good and in Black and White 2 they had 5 each and I liked them especially Marshal and Shantall They don't have to be hard but at least they have to be challenging enough for the last bosses of the game Lance was awesome in Gen 1 as a member of the Elite Four and as the champion(FREAKIN DRAGONITES MAN!!) Blue,Steven,Cynthia and Iris all were unique in their own way and Cynthia was the best champion the series ever had Diantha on the other hand is absolutely forgettable and unlikable She appears once or twice during your journey before you face her and unlike Blue our rival,Lance who helped us in Johto against Team Rocket,Steven who helps you during your journey and a president of an entire company under his name,Cynthia who gives you a Togebi,HELPS YOU IN THE DISTORTION WORLD and fight Team Galactic,Iris who helped you in Castelia City,was a Gym Leader in White version and she trained with her mentor Drayden to become the Champion of Unova andAlder who watch you on your journey and helps you in the big fight against N and Team Plasma All those champions were unique and memorable in their own ways especially Lance,Cynthia,Alder and Iris What does Diantha have??She's an actress....that's it. She doesn't help you against Team Flare,she barely even met you and only heard about you from her supposed fiancee Sycamore and she doesn't do anything. And the battle with her was just pathetically easy I mean look  Blue had his overleveled team from his journey and while he wasn't hard he's still better than Diantha Lance has his three Dragonites,Aerodactyl,Gyarados and Charizard and he was very very challenging if you don't have an ice type Steven had his mighty Metagross,Cradily and other Pokemon Cynthia had her nightmare fuel Garchomp,the troll Spiritomb,Lucario,Roserade,freakin Togekiss,and Gastrodon What does Diantha have??the only thing Diantha have is her Mega Gardevoir and that's it Look I love X&Y so much and I'm already doing competitive battles like crazy in it.....but Diantha is the worst Champion I kinda wish Sycamore was the champion Also,I don't like Diantha's champion theme at all

I agree with you I do. I just read in the game informer issue where they interviewed one of the developers of the game and it said they wanted X and Y to be goofy.

II agree with you I do. I just read in the game informer issue where they interviewed one of the developers of the game and it said they wanted X and Y to be goofy.

I get their approach with Team Flare and I liked Team Flare

As I said before,everything is fine with X&Y except the Elite Four & Champion,they're the worst compared to the previous Elite Fours & Champions of previous gens

Speaking of competitive battling

I heard that Smogon is on the verge of banning Mega Lucario.....which is stupid because even though Mega Lucario is powerful he has so many counters

Heck Mega Gengar has tons of counters and I basically have no idea why Mega Gengar got banned

Aside from the good decision of banning Mega Kangaskhan,the rest of Smogon's banning decisions makes no sense

They're basically banning every Mega evolution that they're afraid of and I'm afraid that if Smogon's continued this we'll be left with only the useless mega evos like Mega Banette,Mega Houndoom and Mega Manetric(I'm sorry but I couldn't find any use of Mega Manetric other than the intimidate drop)

What is smogon? Are they the official rules people or something? I don't see why we need them Pokemon should be about choice who cares if certain Pokemon are broken if u took the time to train them u should be able to use them enough said.

^Because everyone would run broken shit like Moody Bidoof, M/R-Blaziken insta sweeps or I see a counter? That's cute. *BPs to another Pokemon.)

Speaking of competitive battling

I heard that Smogon is on the verge of banning Mega Lucario.....which is stupid because even though Mega Lucario is powerful he has so many counters

Heck Mega Gengar has tons of counters and I basically have no idea why Mega Gengar got banned

Aside from the good decision of banning Mega Kangaskhan,the rest of Smogon's banning decisions makes no sense

They're basically banning every Mega evolution that they're afraid of and I'm afraid that if Smogon's continued this we'll be left with only the useless mega evos like Mega Banette,Mega Houndoom and Mega Manetric(I'm sorry but I couldn't find any use of Mega Manetric other than the intimidate drop)

Mega Lucario would be the last ban if it were to come to that decision. I believe they'll actually start again suspects instead of the community voting/talking why or why not should X Pokemon be banned for etc reasons. 

I love how people outside of Smogon are all like "watch them ban Mega Mawile and Mega T-tar" and I'm like "are you firetrucking serious?" M-Mawile is very predictable, T-tar usually runs DD or mixed, while still slow if you go for the latter. Other stuff like M-Garchomp suffer the speed drop which would require support like Sticky Web. 

Seems like. Bunch of weirdos like I said before Pokemon battles should be about battling with the Pokemon u trained no matter how powerful they are. We should of. A tournament of no rules.

^Because everyone would run broken shit like Moody Bidoof, M/R-Blaziken insta sweeps or I see a counter? That's cute. *BPs to another Pokemon.)

Mega Lucario would be the last ban if it were to come to that decision. I believe they'll actually start again suspects instead of the community voting/talking why or why not should X Pokemon be banned for etc reasons. 

I love how people outside of Smogon are all like "watch them ban Mega Mawile and Mega T-tar" and I'm like "are you firetrucking serious?" M-Mawile is very predictable, T-tar usually runs DD or mixed, while still slow if you go for the latter. Other stuff like M-Garchomp suffer the speed drop which would require support like Sticky Web. 

I know that broken stuff like moody Bidoof,Speed Boost BlazikenMega Blaziken and Mega Kangaskhan should be banned

But banning things like Mega Lucario and Mega Gengar still is stupid

Mega Lucario is still frail when it comes to defense and special defense and so is Mega Gengar

And there are a couple of ways to get out of a Shadow Tag Perish Song Gengar especially since Gengar loses Levitate when it mega evolve

What is smogon? Are they the official rules people or something? I don't see why we need them Pokemon should be about choice who cares if certain Pokemon are broken if u took the time to train them u should be able to use them enough said.

Smogon is a community formed by a couple of expert competitive battlers and they usually create rules seperate from the official rules of VGC(Video Game Championship)

Even though I like Smogon's huge contribution to the Pokemon community,sometimes they can go a little bit crazy when it comes to banning

Glad I'm not part of that community sounds like a bunch of weirdos with stupid bans. My saying is if you raised something u should be able to use it.

You mean the smogon community??? Not all of the Pokemon communities are weirdos

I like to play with the usual VGC rules that we've been using for year...which:As long as it isn't the overpowered legendaries like(Mewtwo,Groudon,Kyogre,Rayquaza,Dialga,Palkia,Darkrai,Arceus,Reshiram,Zekrom....etc) you can use any Pokemon you want as long as it isn't hack and doesn't have any illegal moveset(a.k.a giving a Pokemon a move that it can't learn like Jigglypuff with Hydro Pump)

I know that broken stuff like moody Bidoof,Speed Boost BlazikenMega Blaziken and Mega Kangaskhan should be banned

But banning things like Mega Lucario and Mega Gengar still is stupid

Mega Lucario is still frail when it comes to defense and special defense and so is Mega Gengar

And there are a couple of ways to get out of a Shadow Tag Perish Song Gengar especially since Gengar loses Levitate when it mega evolve

Smogon is a community formed by a couple of expert competitive battlers and they usually create rules seperate from the official rules of VGC(Video Game Championship)

Even though I like Smogon's huge contribution to the Pokemon community,sometimes they can go a little bit crazy when it comes to banning

I sound like a broken record but Levitate lose is a piss poor excuse. No one is that stupid to come in on one+disable and/or sub says hi. M-Gengar was made to take down whatever you wanted to. and if you play smart, even 2-3 Pokes. (3 if the player is stupid, seen it happen) M-Gengar down? At least you garanteed kills for another of you mons that previously couldn't handle the threat, now eliminated. M-Gengar made it too easy. I think it also was killing stall lol.

M-Lucario, I honestly don't care if it stays or not. Frailty is the reason why I would let it stay if anything, but otherwise I'd give it the boot. It's a faster M-Mawile, with a bit less attack with frail defenses. Also it can run on both sides and reliable priority moves.

It's hilarious when people think it's the Smogon council's fault. The last 2 insta bans where mostly thanks to part of the community that plays on PS and Smogon's community. (Some just make accounts to post a thought or two and lurk) Did I mention it also has a casual and wi-fi section? (For battling, as well as legitimate trading; it's enforced that it's hard to get scammed, save for obvious newbie traps.)

On another subject, Korea got Pokebank while Japan's trial extended to Feb 21st. (actually not sure about the extension, FB page tends to word it wrong.) Edit: Moar edits! Yeah Japan got it back.

Posted Image

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give bank

Edited by OmegaForte

NoA tweeting the obvious, while NoE says they are preparing to release Pokebank. (No date specified.) Shit America, get it together.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give bank

America: Please understand

Europe: Sure thing (preparing final touches)

I found this on a tweet, made my day lol:

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8009881088/h2D2F7560/

Edited by OmegaForte

NoA tweeting the obvious, while NoE says they are preparing to release Pokebank. (No date specified.) Shit America, get it together.つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give bankAmerica: Please understandEurope: Sure thing (preparing final touches)I found this on a tweet, made my day lol:https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8009881088/h2D2F7560/

Boy Reggie is so lazy,I mean both the Japanese and European branch are preparing to launch and we still didn't get it

Just like how Xenoblade,Last Story and Pandora Hearts were released in Europe and Japan years before America got it