Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Pokémon X and Y - General Discussion

Well,at least that would nerf the annoying Kyogre sweep

You have no idea how many times a Kyogre OHKO my entire team with just Water spout.

So at least limiting the duration of the weather changing abilities would make it a little bit fair as it would force Water Spout spammers to switch in and out to reset the weather...at least that's my opinion.

Besides,they wouldn't have nerfed it unless they saw an epic Drizzle+Water Spout spam during the VGC 2013 tournament.

Also,having the weather staying endlessly will weaken the rest of your team members whose type is weak against said weather

Gotta love VGC Kyogre fest.

Besides that, in regular ubers it's hard to get away with that with entry hazards, more walls to encounter.

Gotta love VGC Kyogre fest.

Besides that, in regular ubers it's hard to get away with that with entry hazards, more walls to encounter.

That Kyogre fest mostly cause an unbalanced uber match...even Arceus can't survive against Kyogre

Besides,they're nurfing it for a reason

the endless rain will weak your Fire Type Pokemon attacks and it'll reduce the effect of healing moves like Morning Sun and Moonlight

On the other hand,having an endless sun could result into a cheap healing situation where your opponent spam Morning Sun,Moonlight and synthesis,which,if you're facing a Toxic staller,can result into a one sided match.

Not to mention the Solarbeam spam

Just because you have a cheap winning method that result in cheap one-sided matches doesn't mean it shouldn't go away.

I myself,even as a Ninetales Drought user,support the decision of nerfing the duration of weather abilities

GameFreak are doing this to balance the metagame,not to contradict our perfect logic that say nothing should be balanced

Mega Charizard Y would've been overpowered when used as the lead if Drought was endless

Which means because Mega Charizard Y's Sp.atk is doubled,it'll mean it can easily KO water types since Charizard can learn Solarbeam

Actually,I want Darkrai to be nerfed.How you may ask...By lowering the accuracy of Dark Void....a 100% sleep enducing attack coupled with Darkrai's ability Bad dreams and the attack Nightmare makes Darkrai already overpowered to begin with

Edited by Metal Snake

Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are runners, and Mewtwo is found at Pokemon Village.

Roaming Legendaries.....oh shit The Three beasts were a nightmare in Souls Silver

So,I'm gonna transfer my old ones and I won't bother chasing roaming legendaries again

Also....SPOILER MAN!!!

Edited by Metal Snake

No wonder Shana stopped coming here, due to people who can't listen and put nothing in spoilers.

That Kyogre fest mostly cause an unbalanced uber match...even Arceus can't survive against Kyogre

Besides,they're nurfing it for a reason

the endless rain will weak your Fire Type Pokemon attacks and it'll reduce the effect of healing moves like Morning Sun and Moonlight

On the other hand,having an endless sun could result into a cheap healing situation where your opponent spam Morning Sun,Moonlight and synthesis,which,if you're facing a Toxic staller,can result into a one sided match.

Not to mention the Solarbeam spam

Just because you have a cheap winning method that result in cheap one-sided matches doesn't mean it shouldn't go away.

I myself,even as a Ninetales Drought user,support the decision of nerfing the duration of weather abilities

Well don't complain later on why some Pokes drop usage while others rise. 

Also how is it cheap winning? It's called strategy, and it's not just spamming Solarbeam, etc. (Who the heck even does that when i can switch in another weather inducer or a Poke that resists it.) Also this is why you build teams that can cover as much as possible, even weather. Heck you don't even need weather to beat weather.

It gives me yet another reason to use more Baton Pass teams due to the lack of weather, specifically sun teams. Then there's Exadrill I can finally bring back to my BP team. Awe yeah! inb4exarapesall

Roaming Legendaries.....oh shit The Three beasts were a nightmare in Souls Silver

So,I'm gonna transfer my old ones and I won't bother chasing roaming legendaries again

Also....SPOILER MAN!!!

Sorry about that, couldn't find the hide spoiler feature.

No wonder Shana stopped coming here, due to people who can't listen and put nothing in spoilers.

Well don't complain later on why some Pokes drop usage while others rise. 

Also how is it cheap winning? It's called strategy, and it's not just spamming Solarbeam, etc. (Who the heck even does that when i can switch in another weather inducer or a Poke that resists it.) Also this is why you build teams that can cover as much as possible, even weather. Heck you don't even need weather to beat weather.

It gives me yet another reason to use more Baton Pass teams due to the lack of weather, specifically sun teams. Then there's Exadrill I can finally bring back to my BP team. Awe yeah! inb4exarapesall

How is spamming Water spout is a strategy,,,even with Type coverage...Water Spout with Rain can dela some serious damage even to Water and Grass types.

Heck I fought entire teams focusing on Kyogre alone...knock it out with Perish Song or a poison stall and the whole team fall like a domino

And if you wanna know my opinion...not only weather needs nerfing....but Darkrai too

By lowering the accuracy of Dark Void....a 100% sleep enducing attack coupled with Darkrai's ability Bad dreams,inflicting the nightmare status and setting a lot of Nasty plots makes Darkrai already overpowered to begin with...And even with fighting type there is the focus sash that can protect it from one shooting it with Focus Blast or close combat

Edited by Metal Snake

How is spamming Water spout is a strategy,,,even with Type coverage...Water Spout with Rain can dela some serious damage even to Water and Grass types.

Heck I fought entire teams focusing on Kyogre alone...knock it out with Perish Song or a poison stall and the whole team fall like a domino

And if you wanna know my opinion...not only weather needs nerfing....but Darkrai too

By lowering the accuracy of Dark Void....a 100% sleep enducing attack coupled with Darkrai's ability Bad dreams,inflicting the nightmare status and setting a lot of Nasty plots makes Darkrai already overpowered to begin with...And even with fighting type there is the focus sash that can protect it from one shooting it with Focus Blast or close combat

Dry skin, Storm Drain, and walls say hi. Water Spout isnt scary, letting kyogre get away with Calm Mind+sleep talk variation is.

Dark Void is only 80%.

Darkrai isn't that OP to be nerfed. I just know how to use it effectively. If it weren't for Dark Void+Bad Dreams, it would be in a lower tier. (Might as well use Mewtwo as it can hit special walls with Psystrike for example) Be glad 6th gen is giving more help to Mewtwo via insomnia. (4th gen ring Aura Sphere instead of that unreliable Focus Blast) Then it's hello to Darkrai bait. It's predictable, the only issue you'd have to be worried with is what Pokemon to take that incoming Dark Void.

Now as for Arceus... A nerf wouldn't be so bad, but it's manageable, so no.

Edited by OmegaForte

Dry skin, Storm Drain, and walls say hi. Water Spout isnt scary, letting kyogre get away with Calm Mind+sleep talk variation is.Darkrai isn't that OP to be nerfed. I just know how to use it effectively. If it weren't for Dark Void+Bad Dreams, it would be in a lower tier. (Might as well use Mewtwo as it can hit special walls with Psyshock for example) Be glad 6th gen is giving more help to Mewtwo via insomnia. (4th gen ring Aura Sphere instead of that unreliable Focus Blast) Then it's hello to Darkrai bait. It's predictable, the only issue you'd have to be worried with is what Pokemom to take that incoming Dark Void.Now as for Arceus... A nerf wouldn't be so bad, but it's manageable, so no.

I'm surely glad for the boost Mewtwo got but that's Mega Mewtwo Y.

As for Dry skin,Remember that Kyogre can learn Thunder,which with rain gain 100% accuracy.

For walls,My Umbreon was an absolute wall to the point I decreased both of it's attack and sp.atk to increase it's defenses...but it falls too after at least two attacks if I'm lucky

The only way to reduce Water Spouts power without weather switching is by having a Focus Sash on my Pokemon..do some good amount of damage before letting my Pokemon fall

As for Darkrai,that would also mean I should teach most of my Pokemon Sleep Talk in order to counter it while still asleep

Edited by Metal Snake

I'm surely glad for the boost Mewtwo got but that's Mega Mewtwo Y.As for Dry skin,Remember that Kyogre can learn Thunder,which with rain gain 100% accuracy.For walls,My Umbreon was an absolute wall to the point I decreased both of it's attack and sp.atk to increase it's defenses...but it falls too after at least two attacks if I'm luckyThe only way to reduce Water Spouts power without weather switching is by having a Focus Sash on my Pokemon..do some good amount of damage before letting my Pokemon fallAs for Darkrai,that would also mean I should teach most of my Pokemon Sleep Talk in order to counter it while still asleep

Pretty much. Again teams need synergy, strategy, switching, prediction, and a bit of luck. What's the teams goal? What's stopping it? A few questions to consider, and the more you figure it out, and of course practice, the less likely you'll have trouble with stuff like Darkrai. Also I forgot to mention he's kinda frail for ubers. Most stab attacks OHKO, sadly... Edited by OmegaForte

I can hardly believe that there are only sixty-nine new Pokémon (excluding Mega-Evolutions and alternate forms) in the new generation. That is even less than the number of new Pokémon that were introduced in Generation II.

I can hardly believe that there are only sixty-nine new Pokémon (excluding Mega-Evolutions and alternate forms) in the new generation. That is even less than the number of new Pokémon that were introduced in Generation II.

Are there really only 69 Pokemon? If so then that's a big let down...I was expecting at least a 100.

Do you have the full pokedex...+SPOILERS

As far as I know they're around 80 or 70

Also,Gen 4 as far as I know has less than that since most of the Pokemon were evos of the previous gens

Do you have the full pokedex...+SPOILERS

As far as I know they're around 80 or 70

Also,Gen 4 as far as I know has less than that since most of the Pokemon were evos of the previous gens

Serebii.net said so. The full Pokedex of the new Generation VI Pokémon does not contain many new Pokémon apart from the ones that have already been leaked.

Serebii.net said so. The full Pokedex of the new Generation VI Pokémon does not contain many new Pokémon apart from the ones that have already been leaked.

Serebii.net only presents the official information released,they stopped covering leaks since they recieved a cease and desist order during the release of BW 2

The Serebii pokedex only covers the officially revealed Pokemon,and they update the Pokedex once they complete the game themselves.

And again,even if it's only 69....it's still a spoiler...PUT IT IN THE SPOILER TAG

Edited by Metal Snake

Serebii.net only presents the official information released,they stopped covering leaks since they recieved a cease and desist order during the release of BW 2

The Serebii pokedex only covers the officially revealed Pokemon,and they update the Pokedex once they complete the game themselves

"As with all new generations of games, X & Y bring a plethora of Pokémon to the fold. These Pokémon make up for the smallest amount of new Pokémon in a generation, with only 69 Pokémon available from launch. This page will detail the stats of these 69 Pokémon. Click the Pokémon to go to their Pokédex page". ~Serebii.net

http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/xy/gyms.shtml

Don't go here if you wish to unconfirmed spoiled!

Details:
These two Pokémon also have got a unique form difference. However, unlike other form changes, these forms cannot be changed after capture. When you encounter the Pumpkaboo in the wilrd, it will be one of four possible sizes: Small, Average, Large and Super Size, with Super Size being the rarest. The difference is actually in their stats. While as a Pumpkaboo, its Hit Points go up, the larger it is, but the Speed decreases wheres when it has been traded to evolve into a Gourgeist, its Attack stat also starts getting larger for the larger forms while Speed decreases.

So that's cool...

http://www.serebii.net/xy/battles.shtml

^Spoilers here....

And Spoilers here...V

http://www.serebii.net/xy/forms.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/xy/gyms.shtml

Don't go here if you wish to unconfirmed spoiled!

Details:

These two Pokémon also have got a unique form difference. However, unlike other form changes, these forms cannot be changed after capture. When you encounter the Pumpkaboo in the wilrd, it will be one of four possible sizes: Small, Average, Large and Super Size, with Super Size being the rarest. The difference is actually in their stats. While as a Pumpkaboo, its Hit Points go up, the larger it is, but the Speed decreases wheres when it has been traded to evolve into a Gourgeist, its Attack stat also starts getting larger for the larger forms while Speed decreases.

So that's cool...

http://www.serebii.net/xy/battles.shtml

^Spoilers here....

And Spoilers here...V

http://www.serebii.net/xy/forms.shtml

I can hardly believe how strong the final gym leader is...

I have noticed that Mega Gyarados, Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Gardevoir have not been officially confirmed.

Edited by Varnish

"As with all new generations of games, X & Y bring a plethora of Pokémon to the fold. These Pokémon make up for the smallest amount of new Pokémon in a generation, with only 69 Pokémon available from launch. This page will detail the stats of these 69 Pokémon. Click the Pokémon to go to their Pokédex page". ~Serebii.net

http://serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

Available from launch doesn't equal all revealed Pokemon....there is a posibility that there are more Pokemon that they aren't allowed to reveal

Available from launch doesn't equal all revealed Pokemon....there is a posibility that there are more Pokemon that they aren't allowed to reveal

What makes you think that? Why would there be different conditions in the case of revelation for different Pokémon?

What makes you think that? Why would there be different conditions in the case of revelation for different Pokémon?

Because as I told you,when Serebii.net were revealing too many Pokemon before BW 1 release they recieved a cease & desist order from GameFreak and since then they only cover official reveals on their main page...the spoilers are only in the forums.

So there is a possibility Serebii will reveal more once the game is actually released

Edited by Metal Snake

Because as I told you,when Serebii.net were revealing too many Pokemon before BW 1 release they recieved a cease & desist order from GameFreak and since then they only cover official reveals on their main page...the spoilers are only in the forums.

So there is a possibility Serebii will reveal more once the game is actually released

Yeah, do you remember (if you saw) the MASSIVE spoiler page they made for B/W2 on the release date? Well its up now for X/Y. If any new pokemon are there (actually I'm doubtful tbh) you'll see them there.

Yeah, do you remember (if you saw) the MASSIVE spoiler page they made for B/W2 on the release date? Well its up now for X/Y. If any new pokemon are there (actually I'm doubtful tbh) you'll see them there.

If by that, you mean the original Black and White versions, then yes, I remember that. It was one of my most enjoyable days of 2010.

Edited by Varnish