Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Pokémon X and Y - General Discussion

All pokemon have new cries. :D

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Don`t highlight for spoilers!

To start off, Jigglypuff and the Gothita line have got a new ability called Competitive, which boosts its Special Attack stat when one of their stats is lowered. Kecleon has a new ability called Protean that changes the Pokémon's type to the type of the move it just used. The latter is demonstrated in a new kind of battles "Inverse Battles" where the type effectiveness is inversed. This is only done in Route 18 against a Psychic. It's a daily battle
Game Locations
Vaniville Town
Aquacorde Town
Santalune Forest
Santalune City
Lumiose City
Camphrier Town
Parfum Palace
Connecting Cave
Cyllage City
Ambrette Town
Glittering Cave
Geosenge Town
Reflection Cave
Shalour City
Courmaline City
Sea Spirit's Den
Kalos Power Plant
Laverre City
Poke Ball Factory
Lost Hotel
Dendemille Town
Frost Cavern
Anistar City
Couriway Town
Terminus Cave
Snowbelle City
Pokemon Village
Victory Road
Chamber of Emptiness
Pokemon League
Kiloude City
Flare Cafe
Team Flare HQ
Azure Bay
Kalos
Battle Chateau
Battle Maison
Tower of Mastery

Posted Image

12:49: Weakness Policy: When held, it sharply increases the holder's Attack and Special Attack when it is hit by a move that is Super Effective
Assault Vest: When held, it raises Special Defense, but prevents the user from using Status moves
Safety Goggles: When held, this protects the holder from weather damage and powder moves
Ability Capsule (Costs 200BP): Switches between the Primary and Secondary abilities on the Pokémon
12:55: Xerneas has two forms, merely appearance changes. One, the one we know, is in battle, the other is somewhat diluted and is how it appears outside of battle
Friend Safari is located in the post-game. In it, it takes everyone on your friend list and makes them a specific type. When selected, Pokémon of that type appear (it'll take a while to catalogue, please bear with us). The Pokémon found here can have their Hidden Abilities. Unlike the Safari Zone, however, you can battle and use your own balls.
13:44: You can get give the Poké Radar later in the game

14:05: Legendary wise, the legendary birds of Kanto roam around Kalos, but seemingly flee before the menu even loads up. Will investigate further. Mewtwo is found in Pokemon Village

So...judging...let`s have a list on the starters and gyms!

Chespin is weak to the first, and last gym...Hm...strong to the second, and fifth...I guess...

Fennekin is weak to the second...I guess.. that's it... strong to the first, fourth, sixth, and eighth. 

Froakie is weak to the fourth and fifth, and is strong to second and eighth.

So, turns out Fennekin IS the best choice, at least in my opinion...

Edited by SoraBlade

looks like the starters evo now fully and officially confiremd http://pokejungle.net/2013/10/10/november-corocoro-confirms-new-megaevolutions/ Yay I'll officially name my Chespin:Bowser

The appearances look better in the official art, but I still find Chespin's to be awkward. When I see it, I think the same thing I do when I see Bowser: how in the name if gravity dose that thing have the ability to stand?

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/706.png

How is this a dragon-type? It looks like something that crawled out of a puddle of wet concrete.

Same like how Mega Ampharos became ElectricDragon

And like how Dragonite,who looks like Barney The Dinosaur,is a Dragon

There are a lot of designs and concepts for what a dragon can look like.

Believe me,there are some dragon cards in Yu gi oh that aren't even Dragon

Edited by Metal Snake

I read something about weather being nerfed. Oh good job gamefreak, give a boost to Charizard (Y version), then nerf it a bit while you're at it. Gamefreak logic.

Well at least banned weather abusers will be back to OU. Still kinda pissed off now the weather trio has even more less uniqueness. (So much for the Kyogre descriptions when now it lasts a measily 5 turns)

Edited by OmegaForte

I read something about weather being nerfed. Oh good job gamefreak, give a boost to Charizard (Y version), then nerf it a bit while you're at it. Gamefreak logic.

Well at least banned weather abusers will be back to OU. Still kinda pissed off now the weather trio has even more less uniqueness. (So much for the Kyogre descriptions when now it lasts a measily 5 turns)

I like how everyone is going with Froakie... :P You and me...

Is it confirmed or not??

So Drizzle and Drought now last for 5 turns like a regular sunny day or Rain Dance????

Mmmm,though it's still be abusable if it can be activated everytime I switch in and out,and there are some items that can extend those for 8 turns

Edited by Metal Snake

Is it confirmed or not??

So Drizzle and Drought now last for 5 turns like a regular sunny day or Rain Dance????

Mmmm,though it's still be abusable if it can be activated everytime I switch in and out,and there are some items that can extend those for 8 turns

True, but it doesn't work for abilities. Makes me just want to use Rain Dance with the item instead. 

True, but it doesn't work for abilities. Makes me just want to use Rain Dance with the item instead. 

Well,at least that would nerf the annoying Kyogre sweep

You have no idea how many times a Kyogre OHKO my entire team with just Water spout.

So at least limiting the duration of the weather changing abilities would make it a little bit fair as it would force Water Spout spammers to switch in and out to reset the weather...at least that's my opinion.

Besides,they wouldn't have nerfed it unless they saw an epic Drizzle+Water Spout spam during the VGC 2013 tournament.

Also,having the weather staying endlessly will weaken the rest of your team members whose type is weak against said weather

E.g:the endless rain will weak your Fire Type Pokemon attacks and it'll reduce the effect of healing moves like Morning Sun and Moonlight

On the other hand,having an endless sun could result into a cheap healing situation where your opponent spam Morning Sun,Moonlight and synthesis,which,if you're facing a Toxic staller,can result into a one sided match

Edited by Metal Snake