Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Tails

What Life Lesson Has KH Taught You?

So, what life lessons has the KH series taught you? I know that KH has taught people some stuff about real life (as I've read comments about that on YouTube and KHInsider). So now KH13 members, what has KH taught you? :P

"Even when you're in the deepest darkness, there will always be light to help guide you."

So no matter what situation I'm in, I'll always have help, and since I'm a very spiritual person it has a lot of meaning to me. To me Riku kind of teaches that through the KH games, he shows the inner darkness we all have in us. Even when you fall far into the darkness there is always a way out! :D (I love these new emotes xD)

Nothing.  I think you have to be pretty self-absorbed and selfish to not realize that friendship is a good thing already, which is pretty much the main theme of the series.  

Yeah, it is a good reminder though

Nothing.  I think you have to be pretty self-absorbed and selfish to not realize that friendship is a good thing already, which is pretty much the main theme of the series.  

You've pointed out what most on here didn't.  I was ready to myself.  

A life lesson could be simple and short, such as WaytoDawn or Oathkeeper's posts, but that's only taking a small context out of something bigger.  The life lesson isn't just one or two little things within the series (though you can still take one from them).  In fact, I say Kingdom Hearts is the life lesson. I dive deep into the story and the rich character development to truly take in what counts. Sure the series has it's elements of Light vs. Dark, Good vs. Evil, and revolves around friendship, but we should look deeper into that, not just boldly state it. 

Before I got into Kingdom Hearts, friends were just friends. They were cool and fun to hang out with, but they didn't mean that much to me, as much as their friendship was important to me. After playing through most of the series though, friendship became so much more important than before. My friends were more like family to me and I didn't want to hurt a single one of them. From that point on, I have always loved and cherished each and everyone of my friends the more I got to know them.

I've learned a lot from Sora over the years. He's kind-hearted, caring, helpful, strong, and will always be a child at heart. He sees the good in people before the bad, even in his worst enemies. Sora's able to overlook things due to his kindness and strength of heart. I've taken huge influence from that, and even take memories of my mother always being the friend maker, having few enemies in life. I wanted to follow that path myself, so over the years, I've worked hard to be friends with everyone, even if they were people who thought too highly of themselves. I've even mended broken bonds and turned enemies of the past into new friends. It's truly been a special experience.

The heart is a very weak, fragile part of us. It's the source of all things holding us together, and because of this, it's already pushed to its limits. Our emotions and can damage it, mend it, or make it stronger. The same goes for friends. Our friends who make us laugh, make us smile, cry with us, etc. Friends are always there for us, supporting us, caring, sharing, and building with us.  Sometimes we fight, but it just makes us stronger when we forgive each other and move on. Friends build stronger hearts together, which as Sora put it into terms, makes friends a source of power. A power that keeps us going strong, a power that makes us who we are proud to be.  

A person with a strong heart always stands for their friends, not themselves, be it they take the path on a dark road at night, or the path through a grassy field brimmed with the sun.  This is something learned from both Sora and Riku's goals from their first journey. Sora walked in the path of light in search of both Riku and Kairi, even making new friends along the way. Riku walked in the path of darkness in search of Sora and Kairi. He may have been manipulated by it, but his true aspiration was to find his friends. Both of our protagonist worked through their obstacles and challenges to rescue those they cared about. Riku worried about facing his friends because of the path he took and feared he would not be forgiven. But his friends were there, ready to forgive him and support him on his new journey, his road to dawn, as he calls it.

There's so much more that can be covered with Kingdom Hearts, but its lessons are so expanse.  One thing that must be known is that we're never alone, our friends are always there. Our hearts are connected, always growing stronger, building our very own kingdom.

(Please note that I'm not saying anything bad about WaytoDawn or Oathkeeper's posts, in fact, their's are actually well thought out, whereas the most of us, aren't really taking serious thoughts into the question at hand.)

Edited by Vexoria

That two, completely unrelated things that have absolutely nothing in common and that no one would ever think would mesh well can become something much greater that the sum of it's parts.

And to always eat your dinner before leaving the house.

The friendship stuff and all that jazz about the light within the darkness I already knew (and I was only 13/14 when the game came out)

No matter how dark your night is, morning will always come. You just have to keep hold of your light, may it be friends, family, beliefs, or a Riku plushie.

There's this...

Also:

-Darkness (aka eeeeeevviiiiiiilll!!!!) can sometimes be necessary.

-Balance is key to everything.

-Kairi is cute, beautiful, and during times when my inner self-restraining countermeasures fail horrifically, drop dead sexy

-I'm REALLY hoping this to be true: No matter what others say about you, you decide who and what you are.

-Being totally mature is when if you truly love someone, all you want is for your beloved to be happy. Even if that means giving up your romantic relationship. (been there, done that which is why I relate to Riku on that...)

never trust bald poeple. 

-Saying "fool" before anything makes you 100% more awesome xD

(Please note that I'm not saying anything bad about WaytoDawn or Oathkeeper's posts, in fact, their's are actually well thought out, whereas the most of us, aren't really taking serious thoughts into the question at hand.)

I'll elaborate and comment on this later when I'm not on a time-crunch...

Darkness isn't necessarily evil. Also I learned not to kill a friend just because he is getting manipulated by an evil fairy and a mysterious cloaked figure and may be trying to kill me later on!

Lets see, I also learned that I don't like Donald Duck, and that Goofy does have some common sense.

I've always cherished my friends from the beginning. I didn't need Kingdom Hearts to tell me that.

But the greatest thing that KIngdom Hearts has ever taught me was the deep meaning of suffering and the cost of it. There is always a silver lining to everything. Even suffering. From Roxas's story especially i found that it was always better to hold on to the memories and the pain then to forget all of it and return to a happy, blissful, and worry free life. Forgetting something important is something that could always bring pain and regret in your life in the end.

But the entire series as a whole is a lesson in itself. Friendship can be achieved with anyone, in any situation. All you have to be is 'be yourself' and see the good in people, just like how Sora connects with almost every single person he meets. His strength doesnt come from himself. In fact, he was just an average boy in an island town. He wasnt important at all. But what made his story so different and unique than any other was because of all of the friendships he made. "My friend's are my power," was what he said in the first game. Now to the rest of us it sounds so cliche and typical but if the power of love and friendship is enough to turn just a normal kid into some hero, then we all have the potential to become more. 

Strength doesnt just come from the individual, but it also comes from one's comrades, friends, background, and experiences.

There is always a light even in the pit of darkness, friends are important but i already know that so i guess that doesn't count, never give up on yourself or your frineds and even if your in a small world all worlds share the same sky. :) To me that's my code of honor.

post-46216-0-55528200-1386268208_thumb.png