Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
No.XIII

KH2 Passion or Sanctuary?

Although not being able to understand the lyrics has never stopped me from enjoying a song, the two are audibly similar enough where I can say Sanctuary for sounding nice and actually being understandable to me.  Ask me again if I ever become fluent in Japanese and I'll see if my answer changes.

Honestly, I like Sanctuary more than Simple & Clean.

I like both but I'm tired of hearing S&C at the start of nearly every KH game. Sanctuary is only in II and Days and After the Battle is used at the end of 3D. I'd like more of Sanctuary but I can't wait to hear the new song in KHIII.

As for the topic, I like Sanctuary a tiny bit better because I can understand it.

I think passion is for the japanese and sanctuary is english.

Yeh are you confusing from passion with simple and clean?

So Passion has been confused with Simple & Clean? I'm remarkably appalled by this unique discovery.

If you're referring to me, I am not confusing the two. I actually meant Passion.

No, I noticed a lot of people on here confused it.

As for me, I grew on Sanctuary for the English KH2, so I'd prefer it over Passion.

No, it's just me.  I forgot they were the same thing, but in different languages.  -_-

I like Sanctuary because it explains that nothing is whole and nothing is broken, a very powerful message that resonates in me.  And also, I like it for the fact that it was the song for the first KH game I played, which was obviously KH2.  Passion is epic, but it's been way overused, and Sanctuary has only been used twice.  TWICE! :O

Edit: I meant to say Simple and Clean has been overused.  

Edited by Golden Fighter

Passion by far

Sanctuary just felt much clunkier and forced...partly cuz Hikki herself said she had alot of problems translating the song to English

I actually like Passion better...I can't explain why tho...

Cuz it feels more natural and cuz Sanctuary feels clunky compared to it...even Utada herself said she had it hard translating the song to English...hence why Sanctuary feels so clunky and unnatural

I like Passion better. I also like Hikari more than Simple and Clean but I can't really tell why because I can't even understand Japanese

I'd say Simple and Clean does a far better job at matching Hikari than Sanctuary does with matching Passion

I mean you can clearly see that Simple and Clean sounds pretty much just as good as Hikari

But with Sanctuary it just feels so clunky compared to Passion

It depends. Out of the two I love Sanctuary the most. it seems to have more meaning to me than passion since passion's lyrics seem kind of vague to me and don't focus on a certain subject. Meanwhile, Sanctuary is focusing on sanctuary and there we will be fearless. But it turns out that sanctuary is inside of us. And we just have to awaken it.

But my favorite of all time is Sanctuary: After the Battle. Even though it's some kind of remix of Sanctuary, the theme really grew on me after i played Days since the song fit in so well with the credits and the pictures that went along with it. That one will be the song that made me feel the most, and that song other than Xion's death, will be the only thing that made my eyes water in my entire experience with the kingdom hearts series.

I'm learning japanese, so the fact that passion is in japanese is not a problem, in fact i love listening japanese songs. ^^

However, i like sanctuary little bit more, because of the awesome lyrics during the guitar riff.