Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
No.XIII

Kingdom Hearts on Xbox

There are a few reasons from what I've noticed. The series originated on Playstation, so there's a certain sense of ownership there. If Square were to take the time to port it to the 360 then it would give the impression that they're taking the time to placate a segment of their audience instead of moving forward with the series or working on 2.5. 

Logistically speaking it would be more expensive. Because the 360 uses DVDs and not Blu-Rays, at least twice as many discs per copy would need to be printed. Controls would need to be reworked/rejiggered again because of the difference in button designs (a small part, but nonetheless a part of the process). Square would feel the need to put up another marketing campaign for the game's release if it were to make any money, which leads me to my last point.

In Japan the 360 is a ridiculously low priority, and it's second-fiddle in the European markets to the Playstation. Square's perception could be that even if they did port it the audience simply isn't there right now; HD remasters and remakes aren't designed to draw in new people to the series. Kingdom Hearts awareness is probably pretty low among the majority of 360 owners, and Square knows they'd have to sell a certain amount of copies in order to be profitable. So while the KH fans who have Xboxes would buy it, that number might not be high enough to justify porting 1.5.

However, what I think Xbox folks should hold onto is the fact that KHIII is multiplatform. If the Kingdom Hearts series proves it has an audience when KHIII is released, and Square says 'hey, we should put all these games in one collection', THEN I think there's a chance it'll come to a Microsoft console. An alternative situation is that they feel the need to raise awareness of the KH series on the 360 prior to KHIII being released. The only problem with that is KHIII may take so long to develop that the 360 will no longer be a console of importance. 

In any case, I personally wouldn't mind seeing 1.5 on the 360. The only game exclusivity that's ever really seemed natural was Nintendo's properties.

In any case, I personally wouldn't mind seeing 1.5 on the 360. The only game exclusivity that's ever really seemed natural was Nintendo's properties.

I don't mind myself. I have it and love it on PS3, but the fact that there's so much fanboy hate on the Xbox getting Kingdom Hearts is just unruly and unneccesary.

I don't see why they should bother with it.

KH games were always exclusive to one plataform, dont see why KH3 will break this rule. In the end, they will get a lot more money from ps4 version,

Nintendo fanbase are the ones that should be pissed and even so...

Edited by Sakuraba Neku

I don't hate the idea of it being on the Xbox 360, I just think it would be a waste of time and resources when it's already out and done, to remake it AGAIN for another console instead of working on KH2.5.  Nothing to do with wanting exclusivity, cause regardless of it going multiplatform I will still play it on my PS systems cause that's the brand I personally am loyal to, I just think pushing for it would delay future better games, I would rather get a new game next year instead of seeing 1.5 rereleased.  

i disagree with it. but im sure its small, and itll pass for everyone.

just for a bit of perspective though,i feel like it would sorta have the feel of as if halo transferred to PS. just over all weird, and unfitting.. and undeserving in my opinion. 

There are a few reasons from what I've noticed. The series originated on Playstation, so there's a certain sense of ownership there. If Square were to take the time to port it to the 360 then it would give the impression that they're taking the time to placate a segment of their audience instead of moving forward with the series or working on 2.5. 

Logistically speaking it would be more expensive. Because the 360 uses DVDs and not Blu-Rays, at least twice as many discs per copy would need to be printed. Controls would need to be reworked/rejiggered again because of the difference in button designs (a small part, but nonetheless a part of the process). Square would feel the need to put up another marketing campaign for the game's release if it were to make any money, which leads me to my last point.

In Japan the 360 is a ridiculously low priority, and it's second-fiddle in the European markets to the Playstation. Square's perception could be that even if they did port it the audience simply isn't there right now; HD remasters and remakes aren't designed to draw in new people to the series. Kingdom Hearts awareness is probably pretty low among the majority of 360 owners, and Square knows they'd have to sell a certain amount of copies in order to be profitable. So while the KH fans who have Xboxes would buy it, that number might not be high enough to justify porting 1.5.

However, what I think Xbox folks should hold onto is the fact that KHIII is multiplatform. If the Kingdom Hearts series proves it has an audience when KHIII is released, and Square says 'hey, we should put all these games in one collection', THEN I think there's a chance it'll come to a Microsoft console. An alternative situation is that they feel the need to raise awareness of the KH series on the 360 prior to KHIII being released. The only problem with that is KHIII may take so long to develop that the 360 will no longer be a console of importance. 

This completely sums up my entire opinion.  

With people that have an idea and common sense knows why **looks at Columned Money** and I agree with every point he has. People fans of Kingdom Hearts but owns any console except for Playstation 3 could be denial.

xbox can go back to playing cod, when i want a kh game, i want a kh game, and i'm not gonna wait any longer for it because xbox fans can't scrape together enough money to buy a ps3

That's being a fanboy. 

Becuz I hate Microsoft(and no I'm not a Sony Fanboy...just hate Microsoft's Policies)

And Square won't likely release the collections in 360 cuz there's no market for them

Hell I'm surprised they're releasing KH3 on Xbone