Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zola

A hypothesis concerning Kingdom Hearts

I've always figured that Sora is going to have to become one with Kingdom Hearts in order to reconnect the realm of light into one piece and stuff.  Lemme explain.

Back when the worlds were whole, people fought over the Xblade so that they could gain access to the light in kingdom hearts.  What is the point of fighting to win the ultimate conglomeration of hearts and their light if you can't somehow make that power your own?  I suppose there's the chance that sunbathing in it or something would let you absorb the light powers somehow, or that Kingdom Hearts is like the triforce and grants wishes just for the heck of it, but that's entirely anticlimactic. 

Joining with other peoples hearts has kind of become Sora's thing of late, and how else would someone become all-powerful enough to reconnect the worlds and stuff if not by somehow gaining the power of Kingdom Hearts, which I could see being done ever so easily with Sora's heart assimilation powers?  Even Xehanort has shown that he is knowledgeable and well practiced at heart assimilation, so that could support that this is leading up to a fight over who gets to become one with Kingdom Hearts and the power thereof.  (As part of or even after the fight between VII lights and XIII darknesses restoring the Xblade)

Kingdom Hearts has been implied to be a conscious entity, at least to a degree, because when Sora's little floaty heart went and saved Ventus at the beginning of BBS, he said that Kingdom Hearts had sent him.  So it's not so much just a thing as it is a living consciousness, which could have some interesting implications with this whole idea of becoming one, because it would probably recognize Sora's heart and stuff.

So I dunno.  What do you think?  If there are flaws in my logic, by all means point them out.  

I'm just having fun anticipating like everyone else.  :]

Edited by Zola

IDK what I think of that hypothesis, as I've never really thought about it, but I like your concept of Kingdom Hearts as both a source of power and something with a consciousness, kind of like the Force in Star Wars.

Yeah, it is sort of like the force, huh?  :]

Huh.

Kingdom Hearts is definitely sentient to a degree. It's had a presence throughout the games in passing, and like you said, it's played a part in Sora's destiny before.

As for Sora actually joining with Kingdom Hearts, I don't know...

In the Keyblade War, they fought over the X-Blade and the conflict resulted in it being shattered, but it never said anything bad happened to Kingdom Hearts itself. (Not that I remember, at least.) So the idea that Sora will have to merge with it and do that kind of heroic sacrifice "last piece of the puzzle of peace" thing doesn't have much ground.

In the Keyblade War, they fought over the X-Blade and the conflict resulted in it being shattered, but it never said anything bad happened to Kingdom Hearts itself. (Not that I remember, at least.) So the idea that Sora will have to merge with it and do that kind of heroic sacrifice "last piece of the puzzle of peace" thing doesn't have much ground.

I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that the Keyblade War was over the X-Blade, so that they could access Kingdom Hearts, but because they shattered the blade, no one could get at Kingdom Hearts, and that's why Xehanort wants to re-create it.  If they could never get at it because the blade was destroyed, nothing bad would have happened to it.

I never thought of it as a heroic sacrifice, since Xehanort doesn't seem the sort who would want to die in the process of re-writing the worlds, though I do see how my wording was implying that.  

You're probably right. 

Edited by Zola

I'm pretty sure it was said somewhere that the Keyblade War was over the X-Blade, so that they could access Kingdom Hearts, but because they shattered the blade, no one could get at Kingdom Hearts, and that's why Xehanort wants to re-create it.  If they could never get at it because the blade was destroyed, nothing bad would have happened to it.

I never thought of it as a heroic sacrifice, since Xehanort doesn't seem the sort who would want to die in the process of re-writing the worlds, though I do see how my wording was implying that.  

You're probably right. 

Well being unable to access it and it being damaged are two different things. Liken it to a treasure chest that you bury. The ground it's buried under can only be dug up by the X-Shovel, but the treasure itself is still fine. Since there's nothing really wrong with Kingdom Hearts, it doesn't really have much reason to need to merge with somebody.

But hey, doesn't mean they still can't make it that way. There's nothing currently suggesting that's gonna happen, but it doesn't make it impossible.

I thought that the real Kingdom Hearts fell into the Realm of Darkness...