Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Firaga

Poor Guy Gets Beaten/Robbed Of His GTAV Copy

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_s_palm_beach_county/delray_beach/rohan-dawkins-grand-theft-auto-v-robbery-update-victim-given-a-new-video-game-after-his-was-stolen

I didn't actually think GTA was influencing people to be robbing/beating the hell out of people... I guess I was wrong...  :mellow:

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Someone attacks and steals a guy's copy of a game where you do just that... Shows how crazy the GTA fanbase can get. -_- I'm usually not bothered by violence in games, and don't believe it'll really affect the players. But GTA REALLY crosses the line I have for that, since it isn't some crazy future or real setting. It's in REAL locations, REAL setting, and is fairly realistic from what I've heard. I'm not even touching those games...

they aren't even that good imo. but the fact that these people robbed a mentally challenged person of his hard earned game is just disgusting. and have you seen the video on the article?

Edited by Death the Kid

they aren't even that good imo. but the fact that these people robbed a mentally challenged person of his hard earned game is just disgusting

Exactly. I just gave my whole rant on GTA in the unpopular opinions thread, I don't want to put them back in here, but to sum it up: They're the most sickening games I've ever seen.

Exactly. I just gave my whole rant on GTA in the unpopular opinions thread, I don't want to put them back in here, but to sum it up: They're the most sickening games I've ever seen.

I do think that the main reason that people buy the games is because they have tons of vulgarity and it makes them feel mature

I do think that the main reason that people buy the games is because they have tons of vulgarity and it makes them feel mature

To be honest, that's what I feel is one of the major reasons behind a lot of kids even younger than 10 buying any M game. For example, I read an article today featuring a letter from an employee at a game store. He said that he'd sold GTA5 to hundreds of younger kids, even after reading off to the parents why it was M. The kids want to feel older, and a lot of parents just don't give a crap anymore. -_-

If anyone wants to read the article: http://kotaku.com/i-sold-too-many-copies-of-gta-v-to-parents-who-didnt-g-1371011511

To be honest, that's what I feel is one of the major reasons behind a lot of kids even younger than 10 buying any M game. For example, I read an article today featuring a letter from an employee at a game store. He said that he'd sold GTA5 to hundreds of younger kids, even after reading off to the parents why it was M. The kids want to feel older, and a lot of parents just don't give a crap anymore. -_-

If anyone wants to read the article: http://kotaku.com/i-sold-too-many-copies-of-gta-v-to-parents-who-didnt-g-1371011511

i think this is good 

i think this is good 

That definitely sums up everything we've been talking about, and why I find those kinds of games so boring. I play a game to have fun, to have a couple laughs, not to follow the boring repeated life of some constantly-serious protagonist coated in blood and guts.

^ All that stated above is absolutely true. I had a bit of a feeling something like this would happen once the game was released... it's not like a game all about killing, stealing, torturing (that torture scene is screwed up, I saw it on Youtube), etc won't affect anything in the real world. And about the kids, it's sad.... I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this game shouldn't exist in the first place, and I'm also not saying that everyone that plays the game is messed up; I'm just saying that there's a lot of people out there that are screwed up in the head becuase of this game...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed-8UW8wUHI . Like this guy. I'm not saying all, but a hand full. It's sad that the most anticipated game of the YEAR, is turning out to have serious complications in reality. 

That definitely sums up everything we've been talking about, and why I find those kinds of games so boring. I play a game to have fun, to have a couple laughs, not to follow the boring repeated life of some constantly-serious protagonist coated in blood and guts.

Exactly.

And that's why this kind of games barely appeal to me ,if not at all.

The only GTA game I've played from start to finish was San Andreas and that was just to expand the map and explore the world without having the cops following me whenever I pass the border of a city....I never gave a f.uck about the story or any of the missions to be honest

GTA IV bore the hell outta me and I couldn't even finish the second mission.

It's just those kind of games that gets boring really fast,the protagonists are so one-dimensional that even Mario has more character than any of them

I hate characters like Trevor from GTA 5,Emo Dante from DmC and other gritty protagonists because they have nothing in them that I can relate to

Not to mention games are getting waaay to realistic nowadays,not because of the technology mind you,but because someone think it's a good idea for the gaming market to be the next Hollywood......I play video games to escape a little bit from reality....NOT TO GO BACK TO IT AGAIN IN A DIGITIZED FORM

If I want realism...I go outside,watch the news or see a movie because there is no point in playing video games if it's the same shit I see in the real world

*facedesk, facedesk, facedesk 10x*

WHAT THE ACTUAL *BLEEEEEEEP* IS WRONG WITH THESE *BLEEEEEEP*!!!?

I have a feeling that something bad is gonna happen when GTA5 came out, and this is one of them. They go and beat up a mental disabled person just for a stupid game.

This has killed off so much of my faith in generation that I have to go find 100 pheonix dawns to fix it!

Besides, GTA games are boring anyways, I just don't see why they are so popular. All you do is do stuff that will put you in jail in real life.

It's not GTA,it's the stupidity of people

And it's gonna happen when next gen consoles comes out

People will steal some Ps4 or Xbox One units to either keep them for themselves or sell it on e-bay

most of what i've seen in this thread does not acknowledge that it's not just the GTA fanbasei'm no fan of GTA, but i don't like generalizations like that when it really is people, not a game, that are responsible for actions.

most of what i've seen in this thread does not acknowledge that it's not just the GTA fanbasei'm no fan of GTA, but i don't like generalizations like that when it really is people, not a game, that are responsible for actions.

I didn't blame GTA myself I was just replying to Black Star how I don't like games with too much realism

People are just stupid,greedy and impatient.

Also,the X & Y truck consversation you posted was meant to be a joke.

A stupid individual is the only one who believe that a game told him to steal it from someone or rob people who has it

E.g:I love the Kingdom Hearts series more than anything,but I never...EVER went out of my way to attack people and steal their stuff just to get it

Actually,this article in Kotaku is gonna be something I'll talk about soon here.

It always bug the shit outta because,believe it nor not,I have a 9 year old brother that has the exact same problem and he's addicted to Halo

Actually,this article in Kotaku is gonna be something I'll talk about soon here.

It always bug the shit outta because,believe it nor not,I have a 9 year old brother that has the exact same problem and he's addicted to Halo

I'm glad my younger brother who understands what he can or can't play, and I've shown him what games are good for his age, and are fantastic regardless of age (Pokemon, Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, etc. He's also waiting until he's old enough to play The World Ends With You and the Half Life games, and not playing them at too young of an age). Seeing little kids play these kinds of games bugs me as well, they're being exposed to these types of influences at far too young of an age. I don't really have too much of a problem with kids playing some T games, since I did the same as a kid and many of those really aren't all that bad except for a few more modern ones, but M is completely out of the question in my books, for children anyway.

Someone attacks and steals a guy's copy of a game where you do just that... Shows how crazy the GTA fanbase can get. -_- I'm usually not bothered by violence in games, and don't believe it'll really affect the players. But GTA REALLY crosses the line I have for that, since it isn't some crazy future or real setting. It's in REAL locations, REAL setting, and is fairly realistic from what I've heard. I'm not even touching those games...

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_s_palm_beach_county/delray_beach/rohan-dawkins-grand-theft-auto-v-robbery-update-victim-given-a-new-video-game-after-his-was-stolen

I didn't actually think GTA was influencing people to be robbing/beating the hell out of people... I guess I was wrong...  :mellow:

*facedesk, facedesk, facedesk 10x*

WHAT THE ACTUAL *BLEEEEEEEP* IS WRONG WITH THESE *BLEEEEEEP*!!!?

I have a feeling that something bad is gonna happen when GTA5 came out, and this is one of them. They go and beat up a mental disabled person just for a stupid game.

This has killed off so much of my faith in generation that I have to go find 100 pheonix dawns to fix it!

Besides, GTA games are boring anyways, I just don't see why they are so popular. All you do is do stuff that will put you in jail in real life.

Just wanted to point out they robbed him of the game and then sold it. They probably were not even fans of the game just bad people who thought they could steal it and sell it because it is new, and he was an easy target.

Just wanted to point out they robbed him of the game and then sold it. They probably were not even fans of the game just bad people who thought they could steal it and sell it because it is new, and he was an easy target.

Great, now I have to find 400 hundred more pheonix dawns....

I have never hated humanity more than ever now. One, why beat up somebody who has a disability? No, seriously, if you're gonna beat up someone at least do it to someone WHO HAS A CHANCE OF FIGHTING. I'm not saying you should beat up anyone who buys a video game, in fact you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. 2nd of all...WHY BEAT UP SOMEONE FOR BUYING A VIDEO GAME YOU WANT? I would understand if someone was bipolar, which if they were, it would have been mentioned, but they weren't. In fact, why the hell can't you wait like a normal person? Plus, it's over a video game. Video games are completely trivial, and optional that they're not worth fighting for, at all. As I said, I have never EVER hated humanity more than ever.