Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kirie

What is your opinion on online dating?

I'd never date online. To me it's almost like an artificial relationship; you are only exposed to a fraction of the person's actual life. You may never meet each other. You can't go out on dates or kiss or do any of the things you could really do in person. You could try to do some of these things like both watching a movie at the same time, but is it really the same experience? You're confined to only seeing each other via webcam, and some people don't even do that they just chat. To me an online relationship partially fills a gap you have, giving you temporary ease from your loneliness. However that's not to say other people aren't enjoying themselves with their online relationships. I'd never tell someone that what they were doing is stupid if they were dating online. If they're happy I'm happy for them.

I'd never date online. To me it's almost like an artificial relationship; you are only exposed to a fraction of the person's actual life. You may never meet each other. You can't go out on dates or kiss or do any of the things you could really do in person. You could try to do some of these things like both watching a movie at the same time, but is it really the same experience? You're confined to only seeing each other via webcam, and some people don't even do that they just chat. To me an online relationship partially fills a gap you have, giving you temporary ease from your loneliness. However that's not to say other people aren't enjoying themselves with their online relationships. I'd never tell someone that what they were doing is stupid if they were dating online. If they're happy I'm happy for them.

You just described me and *****

NAME EDITED DO TO BEING A NONYABUISNESS

I'm gonna tell a story that's my answer: 

A girl I met in a chatroom shared my obsession with KH. 

We talked a lot over the course of a month or so, in an online chatroom, never meeting or anything. 

I'd send here videos I made, stories I wrote, she'd send me stories she'd done....

Yeah: she ended up convincing herself we were dating, and called me her BF.

I admit it: She was my exact age, and liked what I liked, so I was kinda ok with it; The "L" word was never uttered. 

She... " dumped " me. 

I didn't actually care, because her talking grew to obsessive day to day PM's, and she got clingy. 

I wasn't stringing her along or anything, she just took a friendship wrong. 

I can no longer use that site due to constant verbal attacks from her, and I had to change my email to escape rude/sexually explicet/ pure nasty 

emails she'd send on a daily basis. 

Long story short: I don't think online dating's a good idea. Text on a screen isn't a BF or GF, and love is not made by email. 

That's all. 

Just saying, but not all online relationships are like that. I've never been in one myself because like I said, it's not really something for me, but I've seen a lot that have worked out really well for some people. Just because your experience wasn't quite like you hoped it would be doesn't mean that all are like that, you could just say it isn't for you. That'd be like me telling people not to try to form relationships at all because I've never really been lucky with them. :/

Anyone ever watch the show catfish?

I'm not against online dating. If the person is who they say they are then go for it. 

I see a lot of people on here with online boyfriend/girlfriend so it must work out. When I see that on profiles I think it's kind of cute.

I would never do an online relationship unless I knew it could work out and the person was who they say they are.

I support it wholeheartedly. In this generation it's just become normal, you know? Not even just our generation, but sort of our decade - since many adults use these online dating services too.

I think it's great, but it's honestly not for me unless we've known eachother for a long time and develop a strong bond. I have to REALLY be in love with somebody for it to work, or else (like every time I've tried) it falls apart because I lose interest. I'm a very physical person. No offense, but I can't date a shy person, or someone who won't be willing to work with me in the relationship. I'm a little submissive myself so a submissive person + a submissive person? Er...no. Not for me, sorry.

As I said I gotta really adore a person online to even think about that. I support it for others, totally, but for me it needs to be really goddamned special.

Online Dating is not that bad. Half of you make it sound terrible. I don't want to become the antagonist of this thread, but Im stating my option on online dating. A lot of good relationships were made on here!

Flaming Lea and Megaman X (Xaon) met on here and got married!

Me and Sikota Urinakano met on here in February and started going out in May, and on November 2nd, we'd be going out for six moths.

Silver and Sora's Baby have been going out for a long while and they met on here.

Inori and Golden Fighter have been going out for 2 years and 2 months.

And you're saying nine relationships don't last? That must be you guys then.

I get to viedo chat with Sikota every Monday, Wendsday, and sometimes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I don't see him on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have band practice.

There are MANY people who meet in real life and get married in the end. One of my friends parents did.

I bet half of you won't read this because of my introduction, and because its "too long", however I spoke my option.

My opinion is that it is healthier than dating imaginary characters thought up by your own mind, and dating fictional characters. (When AIs get better, sure you can actually date fictional characters) Though I personally would rather try have "fate" guide me to a person in person first.

I don't have a problem with it at all. Though I feel the couple should have met in person at one point or another or are planning on doing so. Even if they don't it's still totally cool. 

Personally, I think a strictly online relationship demonstrates the honesty and faith in each other that the couple has. A lot of trust is involved, more so than in a in person relationship because there is no way to know the person is who they say they are and that they are being loyal to you. You just have to have faith. :)

Edited by Amon

Online Dating is not that bad. Half of you make it sound terrible. I don't want to become the antagonist of this thread, but Im stating my option on online dating. A lot of good relationships were made on here! Flaming Lea and Megaman X (Xaon) met on here and got married!Me and Sikota Urinakano met on here in February and started going out in May, and on November 2nd, we'd be going out for six moths. Silver and Sora's Baby have been going out for a long while and they met on here. Inori and Golden Fighter have been going out for 2 years and 2 months. And you're saying nine relationships don't last? That must be you guys then. I get to viedo chat with Sikota every Monday, Wendsday, and sometimes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I don't see him on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have band practice. There are MANY people who meet in real life and get married in the end. One of my friends parents did. I bet half of you won't read this because of my introduction, and because its "too long", however I spoke my option.

Nope, I totally agree with you. For a lot of people, it works out fantastically, and that's great! And for others, not so much.It's just like off the computer - is everyone taken? Of course not! There will always be some lonely people out there. Same with the Internet. It doesn't matter how you meet, it's how well you "click" - and it's different for everybody.

I don't have a problem with it at all. Though I feel the couple should have met in person at one point or another or are planning on doing so.

Many of my friends who have had a partner online have waited until they're a legal adult, and flown out to visit eachother. They see how it goes from there and honestly out of the 4 people I've known to do this (3 out of the 4 cases they were all in America - the other one he had to travel across the sea to meet her), they've all ended up pretty successful whether they decided to continue their relationship, or just stay friends.I agree with you - if not right away then at LEAST when people are old enough, they should make plans to visit eachother.

I'm half and half to be honest, because you never know how that person REALLY acts, i mean if you live in the same area/state then im sure you can meet up easily but still theres so many people pretending to be other people...it is a bit risky HOWEVER i know a couple who met online and they've been married for 10 years, there very happy =]

Posted Image

It depends on what you mean by online dating. If it's strictly dating on the internet and nothing more. I don't really see the point. But if that makes people happy. More power to them. 

To me, the internet is something that gives a person a chance to meet better people. For example. I live in a small town in North Dakota. Most of the people here that are around my age are married. If not married, they are rednecks. I hate rednecks. Then I started talking to Flaming Lea on here. We talked on the phone all of the time and got to know each other really well. We talked about me visiting here and all of that. It was always a possibility. So eventually I asked her to be my girlfriend. Then I went and visited her. We talked about one of us moving. It was something that could happen. So, we moved forward with that and ended up getting married.

Now, if one of us wasn't able to move. I would have just ended the relationship. There is no point in dating someone that you can't be around. (That's how I feel at least.) So we took chances and ended up very happy. My point is, you have to take risks with life or else you are not going to get the best result. We both took that risks(even though neither of us even wanted to date someone from the internet) and we both ended up happy. Online dating is a risk. But I feel if you want to take that risk, then take it. It isn't a bad thing. Of course, you should always check things out before going to visit someone. Talk to them on the phone, have webcam chats. Whatever you need to do to determine that the person you are talking to really is the person they say they are. If you feel comfortable with it. Take that risk. It may have been the best idea you ever had. 

Now if you are going to just date someone online just to say you are dating someone. There really is no point. Because you will be in a relationship that has no chance of going somewhere. While you could have ended up being with someone who lives around you. 

But yeah...That's longer than I expected...>.> My point is, if you can't take the risk of meet someone online and actually being with them. Then you are wasting your time. 

Online Dating is not that bad. Half of you make it sound terrible. I don't want to become the antagonist of this thread, but Im stating my option on online dating. A lot of good relationships were made on here!Flaming Lea and Megaman X (Xaon) met on here and got married!Me and Sikota Urinakano met on here in February and started going out in May, and on November 2nd, we'd be going out for six moths.Silver and Sora's Baby have been going out for a long while and they met on here.Inori and Golden Fighter have been going out for 2 years and 2 months.And you're saying nine relationships don't last? That must be you guys then.I get to viedo chat with Sikota every Monday, Wendsday, and sometimes Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I don't see him on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have band practice.There are MANY people who meet in real life and get married in the end. One of my friends parents did.I bet half of you won't read this because of my introduction, and because its "too long", however I spoke my option.

*claps*