Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
liamaru

kairi as a keyblade warrior?

okay i don't know about you guys but i don't like the sound of it i mean if kairy were to be a keyblade worrior alongside sora and riku it would probably kill the whole vibe i mean sora and riku are the perfect team not because they became keyblade wielders at the same time but because they 1.grew up together as from the tender age of 4 (explained in bbs) childhood 2. they've been training since early childhood 3.there familiar with each others fighting style kairi on the other hand has zero battle experience. which makes me think she may die in kh3 which would be unfortunate but extramural humorous in my opinion. what do you think?

remember that bad ass fight with sora and riku vs xemnas?

post-45011-0-07328400-1379431209_thumb.jpg

post-45011-0-89786100-1379431212_thumb.jpg

post-45011-0-13118200-1379431215_thumb.jpg

Edited by liamaru

What's a Keyblade Worrior? a Keyblade warrior who worries a lot?

I like the idea of her being along side her friends...she's done too little for so long. Besides if Lea managed to get a Keyblade so quickly Kairi should be able to learn how to fight with one...also keep in mind Kairi's heart was inside Sora's during KH I...it's possible she may have learned a thing or two from that experience.

personally i think her presence would disrupt the balance imagine the xemnas fight sora riku and (kairi?) vs xemnas it would ruin the mood for me i mean you know the old saying three's a crowd. not to mention kairi has no rival sora has xemnas riku has ansam and they both have young xehanort what of kairi shell probably try to fight terra xehanort and end up like aqua. CHOKED AND STRANGLED YEEAAHHH!

post-45011-0-81517200-1379432719_thumb.png

Edited by liamaru

I don't think its a bad idea,it sounds weird at first,but I'm pretty sure she'll become an interesting character in KH3 because of that and Kairi came to Destiny Island very young so they pretty much grew up together,all 3 of them.

I'm glad that Kairi's finally going to get in on the action. She's always wanted to help out, and frankly it's about time that she was given some screentime. She's supposed to be the main girl, for cripe's sake, but we know little to nothing about her, everyone else is way more important to her, we've never played as her, and whenever we do see her, she's reduced to saying things like, "Look at that."

Personally, I think this character development for her is much needed. And Sora, Riku, and Kairi are all supposed to be best friends and a trio. It's time we saw that again, like how RAX and VTA are.

Plus, I have the feeling Kairi's going to become B.A. like Aqua. She is her successor, after all. And as Isamu_Kuno said, the time chamber (and her actually having proper Keyblade training, unlike the others) will do wonders for her.

Really, I'm surprised that anyone's shocked by this. Nomura's been developing Kairi slowly but surely as a fighter all along. In KHI, all she really did was protect Sora's Heartless. But in KHII, she jumped off a balcony, fought with the Keyblade some, tried to defend herself with martial arts, etc. There was already an improvement there. And you know what? She deserves the chance to improve. So, yeah. I think she'll be great. Just give her some time.

Personally, I'm excited to see her be a Princess and one of the Seven Lights. Kairi could very easily become a force to be reckoned with. She's a wielder, has her PoH powers--and along with that, makes up all the Light in the world--(she might even have Nami's powers), and seems to almost have psychic visions at times.

And as for an enemy... Well, anyone that hurt Nami (or maybe even Xion) could work for her. And it was revealed in DDD, that ASoD brought Kairi to the Islands, because he wanted to use her to lour Sora there. That could mean something. Or who knows? Something completely unexpected could happen, in which she dukes it out with the antagonist for the next Saga, or something.

Also, some people have pointed out that they think she might play as a mix of Aqua and Ven. I could easily see that, as Sora's style is like Terra/Ven, and Riku's is Terra/Aqua. It seems only natural that Kairi should be Ven/Aqua, if you look at it like that.

Anyway, I don't really know where I'm going with this anymore, so I'm just going to shut up.

I LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH <3 (cant add likes atm)

I'm glad that Kairi's finally going to get in on the action. She's always wanted to help out, and frankly it's about time that she was given some screentime. She's supposed to be the main girl, for cripe's sake, but we know little to nothing about her, everyone else is way more important to her, we've never played as her, and whenever we do see her, she's reduced to saying things like, "Look at that."

Personally, I think this character development for her is much needed. And Sora, Riku, and Kairi are all supposed to be best friends and a trio. It's time we saw that again, like how RAX and VTA are.

Plus, I have the feeling Kairi's going to become B.A. like Aqua. She is her successor, after all. And as Isamu_Kuno said, the time chamber (and her actually having proper Keyblade training, unlike the others) will do wonders for her.

Really, I'm surprised that anyone's shocked by this. Nomura's been developing Kairi slowly but surely as a fighter all along. In KHI, all she really did was protect Sora's Heartless. But in KHII, she jumped off a balcony, fought with the Keyblade some, tried to defend herself with martial arts, etc. There was already an improvement there. And you know what? She deserves the chance to improve. So, yeah. I think she'll be great. Just give her some time.

Personally, I'm excited to see her be a Princess and one of the Seven Lights. Kairi could very easily become a force to be reckoned with. She's a wielder, has her PoH powers--and along with that, makes up all the Light in the world--(she might even have Nami's powers), and seems to almost have psychic visions at times.

And as for an enemy... Well, anyone that hurt Nami (or maybe even Xion) could work for her. And it was revealed in DDD, that ASoD brought Kairi to the Islands, because he wanted to use her to lour Sora there. That could mean something. Or who knows? Something completely unexpected could happen, in which she dukes it out with the antagonist for the next Saga, or something.

Also, some people have pointed out that they think she might play as a mix of Aqua and Ven. I could easily see that, as Sora's style is like Terra/Ven, and Riku's is Terra/Aqua. It seems only natural that Kairi should be Ven/Aqua, if you look at it like that.

Anyway, I don't really know where I'm going with this anymore, so I'm just going to shut up.

Quoting because you said everything i would have wanted to say but better ^_^

I kinda dislike the fact she has a keyblade.

I kinda see her as a staff/wand weilder, mostly because i dont think she would be a good fighter, but i think she would be somewhat useful in magic. so for me i think giveing her a keyblade was uneeded. I kinda wish they gave her a staff

Plus she's too girly for a sword. IMO

Edited by Xora98

All this... Made my day :')

Thank you for taking the words right out of my head and typing what I could almost never type because of being easily sidetracked...

Kairi is a Keyblade wielder and I seriously hope she is one of the 7 lights. Why shouldn't she be one? I wanna see her interact with more of the characters besides Sora. We need to see expansion of her relationships with other characters. Why not expand more on her friendship with Riku? Because we have not seen much of that besides KHI and KHII. Also I would like to see more of her backstory and her origins i.e. her life in Radiant Garden, even if it was short, but still. Something significant could have happened in that time that has an impact on the plot, right? e.g. Kairi and Aqua meeting, but there could be more we don't know.

Also her Keyblade, Destiny's Embrace, in my opinion is too girly and is kind of an insult to her. I think the Oathkeeper suits her better. I would love to see her fight alongside the rest of the Keybladers, especially Sora. They would work really well together (I love innuendos xD). Nomura stated that she might be playable so let's hope so.

Peace.

...-looks at all the positive responses to my post in astonishment- Wow. I never thought what I said would warrant such a response! Thanks guys. LOL. I really appreciate it, and that all of you are willing to give Kairi a chance. LOL. Here's hoping she'll really get to shine in KHIII!

A few other things I've remembered that Kairi has going for her is that: she's brave (Axel even says as much), she's a spitfire, and probably is the most book smart out of the trio (as she's the only one who's been going to school regularly). So who knows? Maybe all of this could help her, too? Maybe she'll end up being Hermione-esque?

Or more accurately, I could really see her being like Clary from The Mortal Instruments. Both are fiery, and determined to protect the things they love. And they're both pretty dang strong for their lack of training. It's the things they love that drives them, and after Kairi sees how much the multiverse needs her in III, I can easily see her wanting to live up to their expectations and defend it. She does make up all the Light in the world, after all (with the other Princesses). Yeah...

Also... I'm really looking for some Lea/Kairi interaction in III. I think that'd be amusing on so many levels. I mean, they're both very feisty, Axel kidnapped her, and they're both new at learning to use the Keyblade. I think their moments together would just be great. LOL.

DITTO!!!

Plus what do you mean she'll disrupt the balace, Kairi grew up with Sora and Riku too you know!!!!!

She knows about Sora and Riku just as much as Riku knows Sora and Sora knows Riku!!!!! She even fought alongside with Riku at one point!!!!

i think she'll be fine.besides

riku is a master now, so he should have some tasks that only masters and alike can do(i'm not sure if mickey counts as master, so riku might be alone on that..).

this opens up the spot for kairi as sora's back-up.

her inexperience is hardly the issue here,the keyblade can lead her,like how it lead sora in KHI.

also square could use here story-wise inexperience to make sense out of the gameplay tutorials(i mean another hard reset on sora is just too much).

Honestly, I didn't want Kairi to weild a keyblade. She's a PoH, so she I don't think she should have to fight. Now that she DOES have a keyblade, I'm not upset about it, rather I'm rooting for her. Afterall, she's always had to watch her friends get hurt and now she has the chance of helping instead of just watching.

The fact her keyblade is so girly I don't mind. Its not an insult to her, Kairi is a girly girl through and through. She wears a pink dress! Her keyblade is girly because SHE'S girly, not because of stereotypical "girl power".

I don't think Kairi can ever truly to me, be a destined true Keyblade wielder. I think imo it should only be temporary or used in emergency or when its needed. It will look cool for her to fight alongside Sora and Riku, especially when Riku is using dark attacks and she's using light attacks, but like I said, shell never be on the same page as Sora and Riku. Before it was Sora, Riku, and Kairi, it was Sora and Riku. Its always been Sora and Riku, the dynamic duo, the two best friends who save the worlds together. I'm not trying to push Kairi out, I'm just saying Sora and Riku go better together, than Sora, Riku, and Kairi do, on the battlefield. In BBS, the line says "the worlds will be savedby these two heroes beneath the stars." Two, not three.

And once again ill go back to the fact, I liked the idea that Kairi was still important in the trio WITHOUT a keyblade. She is the light in the darkness, the home to go too. I liked her because she didn't need a keyblade to be important, she just had to be important in her friends hearts. Lea too, he had his chakrams. Those were his thing, not a keyblade. But just because I don't acknowledge them as true real keyblade weilders doesn't mean I'm not rooting for them. I hope they learn to fight and win, and do what they can.

Honestly, I didn't want Kairi to weild a keyblade. She's a PoH, so she I don't think she should have to fight.

Ok while I see what your getting at there at the least. However just because she's a PoH doesnt mean she doesn't WANT to fight. I mean in KH II She's shown pretty much as being tired of having to the cliche damsel in distress, and seeing as SKR and TAV sorta parallel each other it would make sense that Kairi would become a key wielder.

Ok while I see what your getting at there at the least. However just because she's a PoH doesnt mean she doesn't WANT to fight. I mean in KH II She's shown pretty much as being tired of having to the cliche damsel in distress, and seeing as SKR and TAV sorta parallel each other it would make sense that Kairi would become a key wielder.

I know, I said she always had to watch her friends get hurt and now she has the chance to help them. I know she wants to fight, I'm just saying as a PoH I think she shouldn't HAVE to fight. she's not a true keyblade weilder, she's a PoH. I'm happy she has a chance to fight, I'm just kind of wistful about it.

When I saw the "You'd kinda be in the way" bit about her going with Sora to save Riku in KH, I could only think "Sora, you're a jerk" :-I

1) She had battle experience.  He said it himself, she was inside him

2) As a Princess of Heart, she has the powers to push back Darkness, which would be pretty useful.  She one-shotted those shadows when she hugged shadow-Sora (The effects for it looked like Faith/Holy in CoM, Minnie's use of it in KHII/3D, and re:Coded).  

3) Even though when it first came out, Sora was THE Keyblade Wielder, there could have been some thing where she summoned her keyblade if he hadn't been a jerk

I was waiting for her to fight since that line.  "This time, I'll fight" showing up in Another Side, Another Story made me so hopeful, and KHII was like a bite of celery in regards to satiating my need (This first KHII secret ending was a fangasm when I thought Aqua was Kairi orz).

With KHI experience, temporal bubble for training in her own body, and PoH powers, it won't exactly be a butt-pull.

okay i don't know about you guys but i don't like the sound of it i mean if kairy were to be a keyblade worrior alongside sora and riku it would probably kill the whole vibe i mean sora and riku are the perfect team not because they became keyblade wielders at the same time but because they 1.grew up together as from the tender age of 4 (explained in bbs) childhood 2. they've been training since early childhood 3.there familiar with each others fighting style kairi on the other hand has zero battle experience. which makes me think she may die in kh3 which would be unfortunate but extramural humorous in my opinion. what do you think?

remember that bad ass fight with sora and riku vs xemnas?

If Kairi dies, it would bring on the saddest music and scene the series has had to date, with an extremely depressing emotional response with the characters, as well. I don't know how you could even remotely think something like that would be "humorous".

You need to take the series more seriously which it rightfully deserves.