Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

How long have you been a fan of the KH series?

How long have you been a fan of the KH series?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you been a fan of the KH series?

• I've been a fan since the first game was released.
    • I've been a fan for around 10 years.
    • For less than 10 years but more than 5.
    • For less than 5 years but more than one.
    • For less than a year.

I started around 2005. I saw had an issue of Disney Magazine (yeah, remember those!?) and one of the Gamers of the Month was some girl from Colorado or something. She was mentioned for playing Kingdom Hearts 2, which was odd because it hadn't had come out yet for North America, so odds are it was the Japanese version. Still, a bit weird for that to be mentioned in an American digest sized magazine, it even had a screenshot of Sora in Disney Castle with Queen Minnie! Anyway, it brought back a couple of memories I've had of seeing some commercials and promotional stuff for Kingdom Hearts and Chain of Memories back before I moved to the Central Coast. I wasn't interested at the time since I was relatively new to gaming, so I didn't pay it mind until a couple of years later.

Back to the magazine thing, the memories that came up from my childhood were enough to interest me in trying the game, but since I'm a perfectionist, I wanted to play the first game...first (I didn't know I wouldn't have been able to play it anyway). So I got the game, and boy, was I HOOKED!! After I quickly became obsessed about the game, I re-learned about the sequel and couldn't wait to play it. Closer to the release date, I also learned of Chain of Memories for the GBA, and when I understood it was a midquel, I knew I had to get that first. Unfortunately, my younger brother who was even more of a n00b than I was at the time rented Kingdom Hearts 2 before I could get my hands on CoM. What was worse was that he wanted me to help him out with it. I told him I would help him once and would have nothing to do with it until I was done with CoM...and then I was hooked again and I couldn't stop playing. Still, I got CoM shortly after that, KH2 made more sense, and I proceeded to play the games in order of release ever since.

Oh yeah! Since that was around 2005, that would mean that I've been on board with the Kingdom Hearts series for about 8 years! Can't wait for those double digits!

A bit of a strange story to be sure, but I'm sure there's stranger. Anyone else care to share their Kooky Kingdom Hearts Introduction Story?

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

I've been been a fan for probably about five years? I don't really remember.

Kind of a funny story, how i got into it actually.

The first one i played was kh2, when my mum hired it for me from blockbusters because she thought i would like it. I was seven years old and a noob, so I had to get my brother to play it for me when i had to fight bosses like demyx. My brother actually really liked it though, so sometimes we would fight over it xD. Then i lost the game and forgot about it for a couple years (i know, im horrible) and then i discovered it again via a youtube video and i have been a hard-core fan ever since. Much to the dismay of my friends and family who wished i would shut up about it. Lol

Edited by Amelia Luscombe

I became a fan around the release of 358/2 days. At first I flat out ignored it (Dumb decision xDD) But in 2010 I decided to take a look. I've been a fan ever since :D Plus I think it's pretty good story wise that I started there. o_o