Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

The Garlic Jr. saga did actually.

But the problem is so many of them, especially the early ones can't possibly fit into the storyline.

Yeah, there are a few anime only things like the Garlic Jr. Saga and Dead Zone that are generally unimportant in the plot.

But the Garlic Jr. Saga isn't canon...

Bruh, the DB canon is so messed up at this point with all of the Dragon Ball Minus type shit and GT, it's basically anything goes in the eyes of the fans since Toriyama did have involvement in most of the projects, or just gave them the Ok. For example, the episode of bardock(primarily made by Toei) came before Bardocks first appearance in the Manga. I think he approves of most of it generally. I generally like to think that BoG and GT are different universes.

Edited by Cucco

Battle of Gods was confirmed to be canon by Akira Toriyama before it even came out.

I know Battle of the Gods is canon, but many people like to believe it is only Yo Son Goku and BoG that are canon, and not the other specials/movies for whatever reason. Since battle of the gods mentions fusion reborn, it proves that the movies are canon in that case too.

I know Battle of the Gods is canon, but many people like to believe it is only Yo Son Goku and BoG that are canon, and not the other specials/movies for whatever reason. Since battle of the gods mentions fusion reborn, it proves that the movies are canon in that case too.

No it doesn't. When Goku references fusion, he obviously means Potara, which is the only canon fusion that Goku and Vegeta used in the original story.

Bruh, the DB canon is so messed up at this point with all of the Dragon Ball Minus type shit and GT, it's basically anything goes in the eyes of the fans since Toriyama did have involvement in most of the projects, or just gave them the Ok. For example, the episode of bardock(primarily made by Toei) came before Bardocks first appearance in the Manga. I think he approves of most of it generally. I generally like to think that BoG and GT are different universes.

"Bruh", its not messed up at all. The manga, BoG, Yo Son Goku, and DB Minus are canon. Period. Everything else is debatable, except the movies and Episode of Bardock which are explicitly non-canon.

No it doesn't. When Goku references fusion, he obviously means Potara, which is the only canon fusion that Goku and Vegeta used in the original story.

"Bruh", its not messed up at all. The manga, BoG, Yo Son Goku, and DB Minus are canon. Period. Everything else is debatable, except the movies and Episode of Bardock which are explicitly non-canon.

Wow you're dense lol. Toriyama designed Bardock for the special. So he obviously gives all of it the ok and considers it canon to some extent. He also designed Broly and a few other characters. As for fusion, goku does not have potara readily available. 

Edited by Cucco

Wow you're dense lol. Toriyama designed Bardock for the special. So he obviously gives all of it the ok and considers it canon to some extent. He also designed Broly and a few other characters. As for fusion, goku does not have potara readily available. 

Designing characters =/= making them part of canon. He's gave the studios material to use for their non-canon properties. And I'm not dense, thank you.

Also, he can just take Kibitokai's earrings for him and Vegeta.

Designing characters =/= making them part of canon. He's gave the studios material to use for their non-canon properties. And I'm not dense, thank you.

Lol Kibitokai would not give the last remaining pair to Goku, especially considering the Metamoran dance is just as powerful if not more and Goku already knows it.

Just because Toriyama said BoG is canon doesn't mean he called the other movies non-canon.

Lol Kibitokai would not give the last remaining pair to Goku, especially considering the Metamoran dance is just as powerful if not more and Goku already knows it.

Just because Toriyama said BoG is canon doesn't mean he called the other movies non-canon.

He would if he knew Beerus was gonna potentially wreck shit if he didn't. But yes, Goku does the Metamoran dance, but he and Vegeta did not fuse in canon. Your exact quote was "Me and Vegeta could use fusion again to destroy Beerus." Again doesn't refer to Gogeta because he is not canon. He is refering to Vegito and the Potara earrings.

It doesn't matter. He has no affiliation with the movies being canon and anybody with a brain can tell that they're not. Most people go out of their way and say that they're set in alternate universes. That's fine, but they're not canon.

i agree with Cucco That and in the manga And Anime Both goku and vegita agreed that they will never fuse with the potara earings again due to its one huge drawback they stay fused together

He would if he knew Beerus was gonna potentially wreck shit if he didn't. But yes, Goku does the Metamoran dance, but he and Vegeta did not fuse in canon. Your exact quote was "Me and Vegeta could use fusion again to destroy Beerus." Again doesn't refer to Gogeta because he is not canon. He is refering to Vegito and the Potara earrings.

It doesn't matter. He has no affiliation with the movies being canon and anybody with a brain can tell that they're not. Most people go out of their way and say that they're set in alternate universes. That's fine, but they're not canon.

You're just calling it non-canon without giving a legitimate reason and just saying anyone who does consider it canon is stupid. Toriyama called GT non-canon, but never the movies.

i agree with Cucco That and in the manga And Anime Both goku and vegita agreed that they will never fuse with the potara earings again due to its one huge drawback they stay fused together

Yeah, that too.

They would easily change their mind if they knew what Beerus was capable of and did not have any other choice.

You're just calling it non-canon without giving a legitimate reason and just saying anyone who does consider it canon is stupid. Toriyama called GT non-canon, but never the movies.

Um, no, I didn't. When did I say that?

They would easily change their mind if they knew what Beerus was capable of and did not have any other choice.

"He has no affiliation with the movies being canon and anybody with a brain can tell that they're not"

He helped make them, to a lesser extent, but he still helped make them.

I really don't see why you're so adamantly against the idea of the other movies being canon.

yea but they still have fusion though even though gogeta isn't "cannon" Gotenks is a cannon fusion so the option is still on the table

yea but they still have fusion though even though gogeta isn't "cannon" Gotenks is a cannon fusion so the option is still on the table

You're correct. Gotenks was used in the film to prove that.

However, I checked the manga on on this page: http://www.mangatown.com/manga/dragon_ball/v42/c004/7.html - Vegeta states he will never fuse with Goku again... just like he said he'd surpass Goku. You can't take this statement as proof that they would never use Potara again. They have done worse in life or death situations especially the one where they used Potara for the first time.

"He has no affiliation with the movies being canon and anybody with a brain can tell that they're not"

He helped make them, to a lesser extent, but he still helped make them.

I really don't see why you're so adamantly against the idea of the other movies being canon.

He helped make them =/= doesn't mean that they're canon. Mashashi Kishimoto wrote the story for Naruto: Road To Ninja and that's not canon either.

I'm against the idea because they're simply not canon, plain and simple. Maybe you can think of ways they could be canon, which is fine and dandy, but officially, they're not.

You're correct. Gotenks was used in the film to prove that.

However, I checked the manga on on this page: http://www.mangatown.com/manga/dragon_ball/v42/c004/7.html - Vegeta states he will never fuse with Goku again... just like he said he'd surpass Goku. You can't take this statement as proof that they would never use Potara again. They have done worse in life or death situations especially the one where they used Potara for the first time.

He helped make them =/= doesn't mean that they're canon. Mashashi Kishimoto wrote the story for Naruto: Road To Ninja and that's not canon either.

I'm against the idea because they're simply not canon, plain and simple. Maybe you can think of ways they could be canon, which is fine and dandy, but officially, they're not.

Again, you're just saying it's non-canon and not giving a legitimate reason. Toriyama never said they're non canon.

If anything, since BoG is an anime movie and not a manga series, it's closer to the anime series.

Edited by Cucco

Again, you're just saying it's non-canon and not giving a legitimate reason. Toriyama never said they're non canon.

If anything, since BoG is an anime movie and not a manga series, it's closer to the anime series.

Look at each individual movie. They take place during points in the anime that do not make sense timeline wise, the character designs are fit to how they look in the current anime story, which causes other inconsistencies, most movies are retellings of canon arcs, just with a bigger budget and different charcters, and furthermore: Toriyama has never, ever, ever, EVER, said that any movie besides Battle of Gods is canon. Period.

Look at each individual movie. They take place during points in the anime that do not make sense timeline wise, the character designs are fit to how they look in the current anime story, which causes other inconsistencies, most movies are retellings of canon arcs, just with a bigger budget and different charcters, and furthermore: Toriyama has never, ever, ever, EVER, said that any movie besides Battle of Gods is canon. Period.

Well he never said any movie besides BoG is non-canon either. I imagine if Goku meant Potara fusion, he would have specified it as potara fusion, as usually people associate fusion with the dance.

Edited by Cucco

Well he never said any movie besides BoG is non-canon either. I imagine if Goku meant Potara fusion, he would have specified it as potara fusion, as usually people associate fusion with the dance.

If you want to believe that, fine. But Potara is the only canon fusion in that scenario, following that Goku and Vegeta are to fuse "again".

If you want to believe that, fine. But Potara is the only canon fusion in that scenario, following that Goku and Vegeta are to fuse "again".

http://youtu.be/3mW7x-9w_G4

Ok, found it. From the extended cut.

He says "I would have to perform fusion with Vegeta again"

You can't perform potara fusion, it's just putting on a ring.

http://youtu.be/3mW7x-9w_G4

Ok, found it. From the extended cut.

He says "I would have to perform fusion with Vegeta again"

You can't perform potara fusion, it's just putting on a ring.

It's not putting on a ring, its Goku and Vegeta putting on earrings. Get it right.

Also, yes, this can be taken as Gogeta, but it wasn't used and that does not make it canon because it was never used.

It's not putting on a ring, its Goku and Vegeta putting on earrings. Get it right.

Also, yes, this can be taken as Gogeta, but it wasn't used and that does not make it canon because it was never used.

You know what I meant.

Maybe not in the manga, but BoG isn't manga now is it.

Doesn't matter. Not canon. Can we put this to bed now? :/

You're just saying it's not canon because you said so. BoG is anime and the other movies are also anime. I do not understand your logic. 

You're just saying it's not canon because you said so. BoG is anime and the other movies are also anime. I do not understand your logic. 

It's non canon because the manga is the true canon and grouped with BoG because of Toriyama. The movies has none of this.

It's very easy to comprehend.