Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sorual

KHBbS Isn't bbs a bit too dark for kh?

Personally, i love both sweet and happy things as much as dark and edgy things. So i wouldn't mind if it were darker.....

However, having happy shit all the time is boring but having dark things all the time can be boring as well. Theres gotta be balance.

Edited by Amelia Luscombe

i fineshed bbs a while ago and i realized that it was a lot darker than the other titles. i liked it but nowhere near as much as i like the others. dont you think that its a bit too dark for a kh game? im worried becouse kh3 has the same antagonist and i think that means it will be darker. i hope nomura decides that it might be too dark for kh. one of the reasons i like kh so much is becouse its heartwarming and dramatic.  do you guys like the whole idea of bbs being a dark game? do you think kh3 will be as dark?

by dark i mean less jokes and color sometimes. (just look at the keyblade graveyard) i like games being dark too but i think bbs is just a little bit too dark. i like ff7 and that games dark. so again do you guys like the whole idea of bbs being a dark game? do you think kh3 will be as dark?

I liked the whole " Twisted Fairy Tale " element BBS had: The witches, the Magic Mirror boss, the Pumpkin Coach...

KHIII could repeat this a bit, but not like GORE or anything. 

I find it to be very dark,dull and depressing...it's one of the reasons I'm turned off by BBS

KH Games have always been a bit dark ofc...but holy shit...BBS has such a freaking creepy and unpleasant atmosphere to it they just feels so freaking wrong

You don't feel the friendship between the 3 characters,they all split in their own ways,Eraqus tells Aqua to keep an eye on Terra cuz he doesn't trust him,Ventus gets taken advantage of by MX,Terra gets fooled and used by MX,Ventus is about to get killed by Eraqus,Ventus tells Aqua and Terra to freaking kill him....I dare you to tell me this does not feel like a freaking Soap-Opera....overall the story and atmosphere is just really really unpleasant

What was Nomura thinking? KH1 didn't freaking need a prequel...let alone one with a Keyblade War on it...it just doesn't feel right for KH to be this dark...but the damage is done

Dull and depressing was basicly the whole idea: every KH game had its darkness mixed in: Riku-Ansem in KH, the Organization in KH CoM, ALL of DAYS, several plotlines of KH II... er... coded was mostly happy...

Even DDD has darker tones: the Nightmares, the whole " Trapped in A Dream " deal. 

KH just usually balances Dark and Light ( pun intended ) better than BBS did. 

It WAS fairly unusual....

Dull and depressing was basicly the whole idea: every KH game had its darkness mixed in: Riku-Ansem in KH, the Organization in KH CoM, ALL of DAYS, several plotlines of KH II... er... coded was mostly happy...

Even DDD has darker tones: the Nightmares, the whole " Trapped in A Dream " deal. 

KH just usually balances Dark and Light ( pun intended ) better than BBS did. 

It WAS fairly unusual....

Yeah...well this felt like a Soap Opera

Hopefully we don't get this kind of atmosphere and story again it's just unpleasant to see this kind of thing in this series

This is one of the reasons I loved Birth By Sleep so much, because of all the tragedy that occured in the game.  I've always loved dark moments in a game, and KH by far provides the most bone chilling dark moments, and I know KH3 will have some measure of dark moments to it, just watch. ^^

thats actually the reason i love bbs cuz its not all happy go lucky, cheers, we saved the day through heart power like the others, i mean i loved the others but i just, idk, i just loved it

This is one of the reasons I loved Birth By Sleep so much, because of all the tragedy that occured in the game.  I've always loved dark moments in a game, and KH by far provides the most bone chilling dark moments, and I know KH3 will have some measure of dark moments to it, just watch. ^^

I agree so much with this. 

But this shit is aimed at kids FFS...it's way too depressing considering it's target audience

Well, considering I, com and II + bbs as an entity it works great. Very theatrical and dramatic and makes you excited for III.

Add DDD and recoded and days and it's just another useless entry tellling another of nomura's stories he most likely thought of in an elevator or on the toilet. I mean, come on. This is KH and not a Ghibli flick!

And, yes I only count the main entries because they are the only ones with story value.

Sora's the protagonist. Let's stick to him, please.

Journeying through I, sleeping in com, traveling again in II, traveling in III.

The ONLY ways to extend the story is telling roxas' true story during Sora is sleeping and bbs as a background story.

but no DDD or Xehanort crap!

Modern KH feels like Nomura exchanged Sora with Xehanort as the main character and he keeps messing withthe story to rewrite everything for xehanort's new prominent role.

I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Xehanort wins in III, kills everyone and reforms a new universe without disney and KH.

and the new series is: "The new adventures of the once-again-all-new-young xehanort" or so. And he's traveling with marvel characters through ff worlds. aka assassins creed KH version. xP

......What are you guys talking about? BBS is no where near dark as compared to the other RPG games out there. Like literally everything that occured throughout the whole series have been sugar coated. If anything BBS is one step to being dark. But considering it as "Too dark", or "Too Sad" is something I just cannot take serious.

Well, considering I, com and II + bbs as an entity it works great. Very theatrical and dramatic and makes you excited for III. Add DDD and recoded and days and it's just another useless entry tellling another of nomura's stories he most likely thought of in an elevator or on the toilet. I mean, come on. This is KH and not a Ghibli flick!

Well, considering I, com and II + bbs as an entity it works great. Very theatrical and dramatic and makes you excited for III. Add DDD and recoded and days and it's just another useless entry tellling another of nomura's stories he most likely thought of in an elevator or on the toilet. I mean, come on. This is KH and not a Ghibli flick!

And, yes I only count the main entries because they are the only ones with story value. Sora's the protagonist. Let's stick to him, please.Journeying through I, sleeping in com, traveling again in II, traveling in III. The ONLY ways to extend the story is telling roxas' true story during Sora is sleeping and bbs as a background story. but no DDD or Xehanort crap!Modern KH feels like Nomura exchanged Sora with Xehanort as the main character and he keeps messing withthe story to rewrite everything for xehanort's new prominent role. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if Xehanort wins in III, kills everyone and reforms a new universe without disney and KH. and the new series is: "The new adventures of the once-again-all-new-young xehanort" or so. And he's traveling with marvel characters through ff worlds. aka assassins creed KH version. xP

That's just because you're expecting too much from a child's Disney Video game. Edited by Noel Vermilion

......What are you guys talking about? BBS is no where near dark as compared to the other RPG games out there. Like literally everything that occured throughout the whole series have been sugar coated. If anything BBS is one step to being dark. But considering it as "Too dark", or "Too Sad" is something I just cannot take serious.That's just because you're expecting too much from a child's Disney Video game.

Maybe I am.

And to be honest Disney doesn't even consider it a fully fledged Disney title and you hardly ever find any references to KH on Disney properties (homepage, youtube, Disneyland - but still they are there)

And yet it does feel so sophisticated!

- it's definitely not a G rated genre as other "Kids and Family" movies and games are

- the story is so much more developed and thought through

- It has the best gameplay and constant graphics I have seen so far (better facial expressions than ff etc. and the 2D disney adaption is great)

- Disney usually does stand for great and memorabe experiences (more or less / on and off)

- Square is a top notch developer for games and graphics

And yet they could put more effort in it.

I think a little bit more US and Japan cooperation could help. Right now it feels too much like "waiting for Japan to finish and the we start localizing".

Maybe they can expan their co-op and marketing in the future like Game freak / Pokemon just did.

But maybe the economic "let's save some money" attitude that makes all products post 2005 feel cheesy is just a product of the time...

Anyway KH ist still great! And as KHIII has grown so huge they are sure to put a lot of effort and work in it.