Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Several people on several websites have been throwing together lists and theories about what worlds should or should not be allowed in Kingdom Hearts III.  Of the plethora of worlds that people want there are three that seem to be irresponsibly tossed out there with no regard for the continuity of the series itself.  These worlds are:Yup you guessed it:Star WarsMarvelPixar (Namely Toy Story)

I will touch on each of these briefly to explain why they can't work in the Kingdom Hearts III universe and then I will give a few examples as to worlds that would do better to foster the current state of the story.Let's start with Star Wars  -  At its roots Kingdom Hearts is a spiritual sister game to those of the Star Wars universe.  Both universes explore a vast group of rich worlds that can each stand alone on their own.  Both franchises are about a dying order of talented warriors that wield a blade unlike any other in their epic clash between light and darkness.  And both franchises use spaceships to get between these worlds.  The first issue with running a Star Wars world in Kingdom hearts is that the universes are too similar to make it feel special.  The second being that you would have to limit the entire Star Wars franchise, a galaxy spanning story, to a single planet.  It simply couldn't work and still allow both universes to feel special.  (plus there is that whole big detail of "just because Disney bought the company doesn't make it a Disney movie.)

Next up, Marvel - This one should be self explanatory.  The Keyblade Wielders are the Super Heroes of the Kingdom Hearts Universe.  Why would you want to put Ironman or Thor in there to take that away from them?

Finally we get to Pixar, I love Pixar movies.  Toy Story is in fact one of my favorite movies of all time.  But please people, open your eyes.  Toy story simply cannot work, and here is why.  "YOU ARE A TOY! You are not the real Buzz Lightyear! You're an action figure!  YOU are a child's play thing!"The whole point of Toy Story is that the characters are "Not Buzz Lightyear" and "Not Woody".  If Sora were to chance across Andy's room, there rules of that world would force it to resolve itself one of two ways.  The first is that he walks into the room and all of the toys lie lifelessly on the ground because Sora is a human.  The second is that whatever wacky magic converted him to a lion on the pride lands would turn him into a toy.  A plastic "Not Sora" with none of Sora's abilities.  He likely wouldn't even be able to summon his Keyblade.  The thing that a lot of people, namely those who have only adhered to the console games with no regard for the actual story, have failed to realize is that Sora isn't 10 anymore.  He is quickly falling behind all of his fellow Keyblade wielders because of a lack of maturity.  Sora is cocky, naive and easily manipulated.  If he doesn't grow up, and fast, he is will never survive against Xehanort.  Let alone win.  And running around a nursery and playing with Little Bo Peep and Mr Potato Head isn't going to do that for him.  That brings us to the worlds that would do well to foster Sora's growth.My Suggestions:Wreck It RalphThe Sword in the StoneThe Fox and the HoundAtlantis: The Lost EmpireTreasure PlanetTangled

!"If he doesn't grow up, and fast, he is will never survive against Xehanort.  Let alone win.  And running around a nursery and playing with Little Bo Peep and Mr Potato Head isn't going to do that for him.

THIS IS BOTH SERIOUS AND HILARIOUSAnyways good post, I really like that "use worlds that would help him grow and learn" idea.

I can see all of your points, and I'm not the hugest fan of Toy Story, but I can see how it works. The magic used was to enable him to mix in with the rest of the world in appearance, and in physical form, yes, he was a lion, but he was still Sora. This plastic "Not-Sora" as you called him really wouldn't be a "Not-Sora" at all. Considering Bo Peep, a statue, not a Toy technically, was able to move about and do things of that nature would likely be of the average living toy, though she lacked actual joints or points to move at like the average toy. Sora could remain his his physical form, streamline and everything, and the Toy's would never know the difference, and even if he HAD to take on a toy form, likely it would be some sort of toy with the Keyblade as part of his accessory's, like Potato Head's parts, and he would be a toy with a heart, like Pinocchio. His ability's would likely just be part of the toy's features. "Strike Raid? What is that?" He pulls back Sora's arm and flings the Keyblade and it comes back. In Holloween Town, he turns into a Monster, and most monster have VERY cowardly hearts, some don't, but most do or lack a heart at all. Now I don't think Toy Story would be a good world, still, because they would have to skip strait to TS3 for an effective Villian to emerge, since they could only fight Zurg from TS2 and the mining dude, and the first one would only be Sid, so they would have to go to three for a decent storyline in itself.

I disagree with Tangled, because although i can see the plot, not much developmental ability would come from it, as well as a few other choices, but those are lesser so.

But onto the "Maturaty" Thing. They had great, really dark, tales, Pride Lands had huge potental, and so did Beast Castle, but their story's were watered down. It's not an issue of "What worlds would be best", no, moreover, its that the Disney Worlds were underdeveloped and watered down.Beast Castle didn't show more of the depressing parts of the story of Beauty and the Beast because in KH1 they had Belle aready living with Beast, and Pride Lands because Simba (Adult) was a Summon, and theirfor got rid of the more important parts of the story, then the EarthShaker was just a badly placed boss. Those are some examples of how some of the Disney Story's were watered down. Had we gone to Pride Lands in KH1 and it had Simba from his childhood years, the story would be darker, and Sora may have actually developed a little. There were numerous times for him to develop, but they didn't captialise on them. That's pretty much the reason for him being extremely underdeveloped in his normal personality.

I agree with Treasure Planet, but it's a bit hypicritcal to say no to Star Wars since in Treasure Planet they do visit multiple worldd, the main goal was to get to "Treasure Planet" itself.

Several people on several websites have been throwing together lists and theories about what worlds should or should not be allowed in Kingdom Hearts III.  Of the plethora of worlds that people want there are three that seem to be irresponsibly tossed out there with no regard for the continuity of the series itself.  These worlds are:Yup you guessed it:Star WarsMarvelPixar (Namely Toy Story)

I will touch on each of these briefly to explain why they can't work in the Kingdom Hearts III universe and then I will give a few examples as to worlds that would do better to foster the current state of the story.Let's start with Star Wars  -  At its roots Kingdom Hearts is a spiritual sister game to those of the Star Wars universe.  Both universes explore a vast group of rich worlds that can each stand alone on their own.  Both franchises are about a dying order of talented warriors that wield a blade unlike any other in their epic clash between light and darkness.  And both franchises use spaceships to get between these worlds.  The first issue with running a Star Wars world in Kingdom hearts is that the universes are too similar to make it feel special.  The second being that you would have to limit the entire Star Wars franchise, a galaxy spanning story, to a single planet.  It simply couldn't work and still allow both universes to feel special.  (plus there is that whole big detail of "just because Disney bought the company doesn't make it a Disney movie.)

Next up, Marvel - This one should be self explanatory.  The Keyblade Wielders are the Super Heroes of the Kingdom Hearts Universe.  Why would you want to put Ironman or Thor in there to take that away from them?

Finally we get to Pixar, I love Pixar movies.  Toy Story is in fact one of my favorite movies of all time.  But please people, open your eyes.  Toy story simply cannot work, and here is why.  "YOU ARE A TOY! You are not the real Buzz Lightyear! You're an action figure!  YOU are a child's play thing!"The whole point of Toy Story is that the characters are "Not Buzz Lightyear" and "Not Woody".  If Sora were to chance across Andy's room, there rules of that world would force it to resolve itself one of two ways.  The first is that he walks into the room and all of the toys lie lifelessly on the ground because Sora is a human.  The second is that whatever wacky magic converted him to a lion on the pride lands would turn him into a toy.  A plastic "Not Sora" with none of Sora's abilities.  He likely wouldn't even be able to summon his Keyblade.  The thing that a lot of people, namely those who have only adhered to the console games with no regard for the actual story, have failed to realize is that Sora isn't 10 anymore.  He is quickly falling behind all of his fellow Keyblade wielders because of a lack of maturity.  Sora is cocky, naive and easily manipulated.  If he doesn't grow up, and fast, he is will never survive against Xehanort.  Let alone win.  And running around a nursery and playing with Little Bo Peep and Mr Potato Head isn't going to do that for him.  That brings us to the worlds that would do well to foster Sora's growth.My Suggestions:Wreck It RalphThe Sword in the StoneThe Fox and the HoundAtlantis: The Lost EmpireTreasure PlanetTangled

THANK YOU, glad someone FINALLY gets the KH + SW should NEVER b together! But i disagree with Pixar, i could still c it work and u did forget that they ALMOST were summons etc. And about ur "real" logic, don't forget:

In Castle of Dreams, Ventus automatically became small like a mouse, so therfore the same could happen with Toy Story. Sora does not NEED to be plastic, just the size of a toy. 

As well, Space Paranoids was a "copy" of the original Tron world, so that logic could not limit Toy Story from showing up. They could also always show up in like the "imaginary world" (ala Ts3's Western opening/the Woody's roundup in the video game) if that makes sense as thats how Toys see the world 

And btw, can u please do soemthing for me? Yes, i know that I will be shot, but seriously :

Harry Potter in Kingdom Hearts:

YES NON Disney i KNOW, but pretend for a second that it WAS Disney, would it actually work? I personally can see it happening/working out waaaay more than Star Wars/Marvel  DO NOT SAY it won't work because it aint Disney! 

I KNOW, magic works differently, but you forgot about Maleficient, Merlin, Yen Sid, etc. Their magic is very Potterish magic. And besides, you also forgot about Worlds being different from each other, i mean cats do NOT talk in Twilight Town and yet in Pride Lands..... Need I say more? Same with Deep Jungle how animals cannot talk and yet in Pride Lands they CAN talk and interact with ALL animals (they do become animals themselves but thats beside the point

Voldemort dividing up his soul is VERY similar to Xehanort and the 13 Darknesses/ his Nobody, Heartless etc. 

The whole "hidden world" thing really ties into the other worlds KH thing

Other Themes such as friendship, love, etc. are VERY much KHish (again I REALLY see a lot of KH with HP, and sure SW has similar ELEMENTS (lightsaber/key blade etc.) but HP and KH are similar in that they would FIT with each other instead of being TOO much of a copy of each other. Similar in that they can tie themselves into each other easily. SW basically IS KH, and vice versa)

I perssonally think that after the Xehanort Saga they should explore more of the MAGIC side of KH and i Think HP could be well feauted with that 

Well i do agree with sora more or less being plain stupid,there are some instances where sora is just plain awesome,I mean I don't want my fav character to be stupid.he needs some maturity(thats coming from a 13(!4 next month) year old boy who acts childish and don't ask how,I'd be very embarssed) and as for the worlds I don't really care as long as they fit into the theme of the game and are good.

WTF i try to say retard.ed and it changes to really cool.I put it in bold so you guys just change it to retard.ed  when reading it.

Edited by Keyblade Master101

THANK YOU, glad someone FINALLY gets the KH + SW should NEVER b together! But i disagree with Pixar, i could still c it work and u did forget that they ALMOST were summons etc. And about ur "real" logic, don't forget:

In Castle of Dreams, Ventus automatically became small like a mouse, so therfore the same could happen with Toy Story. Sora does not NEED to be plastic, just the size of a toy. 

As well, Space Paranoids was a "copy" of the original Tron world, so that logic could not limit Toy Story from showing up. They could also always show up in like the "imaginary world" (ala Ts3's Western opening/the Woody's roundup in the video game) if that makes sense as thats how Toys see the world 

And btw, can u please do soemthing for me? Yes, i know that I will be shot, but seriously :

Harry Potter in Kingdom Hearts:

YES NON Disney i KNOW, but pretend for a second that it WAS Disney, would it actually work? I personally can see it happening/working out waaaay more than Star Wars/Marvel  DO NOT SAY it won't work because it aint Disney! 

I KNOW, magic works differently, but you forgot about Maleficient, Merlin, Yen Sid, etc. Their magic is very Potterish magic. And besides, you also forgot about Worlds being different from each other, i mean cats do NOT talk in Twilight Town and yet in Pride Lands..... Need I say more? Same with Deep Jungle how animals cannot talk and yet in Pride Lands they CAN talk and interact with ALL animals (they do become animals themselves but thats beside the point

Voldemort dividing up his soul is VERY similar to Xehanort and the 13 Darknesses/ his Nobody, Heartless etc. 

The whole "hidden world" thing really ties into the other worlds KH thing

Other Themes such as friendship, love, etc. are VERY much KHish (again I REALLY see a lot of KH with HP, and sure SW has similar ELEMENTS (lightsaber/key blade etc.) but HP and KH are similar in that they would FIT with each other instead of being TOO much of a copy of each other. Similar in that they can tie themselves into each other easily. SW basically IS KH, and vice versa)

I perssonally think that after the Xehanort Saga they should explore more of the MAGIC side of KH and i Think HP could be well feauted with that 

HP, IMO is TOO similar, like Star Wars, and even with God Modding, Harry could not get along with Sora, plus the story is a bit too dark for a game that is related to Disney in any way.

HP, IMO is TOO similar, like Star Wars, and even with God Modding, Harry could not get along with Sora, plus the story is a bit too dark for a game that is related to Disney in any way.

Not the earlier films, besides Disney is darker than u give them credit for:

The Pirates films 

The Second Narnia

Lone Ranger  

Etc.  FYI, i found all of them waaay darker than HP and personally think that KH is just as dark or pretty close to HP 

Well, from my pic you can tell that I do like the idea, like eating 32 chimichangas at once, but like eating 33 chimichangas at once, it has dire drawbacks and you may be paying for it in the rear later on, nomura is pretty good at the whole "syncing worlds together to become a firetrucking good game" thing but this may not be the best that nomura geeks out over the idea of sora learning the ways of the force, at most, I would love a quick cameo like a lightsaber keyblade when you beat xemnes but not any more than that... Maybe you could buy a deadpool comic in the game and it be a funny gag???

Not the earlier films, besides Disney is darker than u give them credit for:

The Pirates films 

The Second Narnia

Lone Ranger  

Etc.  FYI, i found all of them waaay darker than HP and personally think that KH is just as dark or pretty close to HP 

Good point, but then again... the magic words "Abra Kadabra", which is a beloved classic term for any aspiring magician, were modified ever so slightly into a spell that kills anything on contact, and since the Keyblade is considered a living thing connected to a person's heart, what then if it's blasted? And although those are darker, they don't hold very much presence in KH anyway, Narnia will likely never see the light of the KH sun, especially since timeflow disruption would make realtime pass like 5 minutes, and Sora would be 20 years older. And The Lone Ranger... I have no excuses for that

Good point, but then again... the magic words "Abra Kadabra", which is a beloved classic term for any aspiring magician, were modified ever so slightly into a spell that kills anything on contact, and since the Keyblade is considered a living thing connected to a person's heart, what then if it's blasted? And although those are darker, they don't hold very much presence in KH anyway, Narnia will likely never see the light of the KH sun, especially since timeflow disruption would make realtime pass like 5 minutes, and Sora would be 20 years older. And The Lone Ranger... I have no excuses for that

NEver say never and I mean its just like a gun from Port Royal ( even though it was edited out) and Narnia COULD still be in KH diespite the time thing as after all Sleeping Worlds etc. They can always change some things up too, and Keyblade COULD deflect Avada Kedvra ala the Sword of Gryffindor 

The stuff in the second.third priates is especially dark on a par with HP 

And those two very well COU?LD be in KH eventually... 

They should put The Princess and the Frog in KH3, and defiantly put in Treasure Planet, Atlantis, and The Incredibles :)

I would love to see all of those in there, however, I do not think that the incredibles will make the. cut.  Maybe as summons or drive/limit forms, but that would be it.

I agree with Treasure Planet, but it's a bit hypicritcal to say no to Star Wars since in Treasure Planet they do visit multiple worldd, the main goal was to get to "Treasure Planet" itself.

The issue with this statement is that Treasure Planet is literally a retelling of the book Treasure Island but with spaceships.  It didn't create an entire universe in which every planet has its own well documented, rich history and economy.  The planets in treasure planet were essentially the equivalent of the random islands of the original story.  Star Wars on the other hand has a very well defined and very expansive universe.  You can name almost any planet in the Star Wars universe and have an entire established world to work with.  See the difference?