Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Geotrix

Most confusing plot in a KH game?

I know many of you understand this series completely and I'd like to think I do too, but aren't there some games which have plots which make you scratch you head? Mine would have to be Dream Drop Distance, introducing Time travel as a plot device, unless done correctly will always end in confusion, well in my experience anyway. I had to research online just to get a little bit more context on what was going on.

How about you guys, what was the most confusing plot in a KH game for you, if any at all?

IDK Most of them are prettty straight foward, though that might just be because im smarter then  the average person and am in honor roll and heading to AP classes though.

If i had to choose one, it'd be DDD, due to time travel. It wasnt as confusing though until i saw playthroughs and saw what happened in the previous games. Since DDD was my first KH, the t ime travel was simple for me to understand, since i didnt ask "Why are Ansem and Xemnas alive" since i didnt know they had been killed already.

Time Travel, since I played most the games and read the wiki on ones I couldn't (I don't go for Let's Plays of games unless it's a game I've already watched and I wanna see a perfect run, or it's a game I will most likely never get to play, like Wii Games or Gamecube games etc) like Re:COM (not released in Europe, I was determined to wait for it and now I got 1.5) - I have understood everything and had no problem following the story (people got confused with all the ansems, the order of them, the reviving of nobodies, etc and I had no problem with it) but Time Travel just shoved a big What the firetruck in the face of story telling and is a poor plot device.  

IDK Most of them are prettty straight foward, though that might just be because im smarter then  the average person and am in honor roll and heading to AP classes though.

If i had to choose one, it'd be DDD, due to time travel. It wasnt as confusing though until i saw playthroughs and saw what happened in the previous games. Since DDD was my first KH, the t ime travel was simple for me to understand, since i didnt ask "Why are Ansem and Xemnas alive" since i didnt know they had been killed already.

Oh really? Must we point out all the times you've been corrected? xD

I don't think general intelligence has anything to do with understanding the plot to a game series, it's just wrapping your head around the plot points, it's not like it's throwing math problems into the plot, but knowing Kingdom Hearts...

I remember it did take a while for everything to add up.  I understood the individual plots in the games, but figuring out how they all connected to one another took a Wiki and other members of the fandom explaining things.  You can't blame people for getting confused because there's a lot to take in, and how they relate isn't always straightforward, especially since some information is only disclosed through Nomura's interviews.  It can get pretty bad for people like me who got into the series after most of the games already came out (I got into KH not long before BBS came out), so instead of taking things in increments like most of them had, you're taking it in all at once.

For me, its 358/2 Days.

Days seems more like a fan fiction than any confusing elements for me, I just think how the whole days system is set up seems disjointed trying to figure out what happened at what time.

Days seems more like a fan fiction than any confusing elements for me, I just think how the whole days system is set up seems disjointed trying to figure out what happened at what time.

Yeah, not to mention the mechanics behind Xion's Character who I love and all but still I can't seem to make sense of, namely of how she is Sora's Replica and all.

I remember it did take a while for everything to add up.  I understood the individual plots in the games, but figuring out how they all connected to one another took a Wiki and other members of the fandom explaining things.  You can't blame people for getting confused because there's a lot to take in, and how they relate isn't always straightforward, especially since some information is only disclosed through Nomura's interviews.  It can get pretty bad for people like me who got into the series after most of the games already came out (I got into KH not long before BBS came out), so instead of taking things in increments like most of them had, you're taking it in all at once.

Yeah same here, I had to do some researching, I've only been a fan for like a year now. I've now played all the games and understand the plot pretty much fully. DDD was the third game I played in the series (After KH1 and 2) so I didn't understand many elements at first.

the individual plots are straight forward, but when you put them together you get this sort of mess lol...

kind of like if you had a mars bar, cabbage and a duck then you mix them together and the result is mind boggling.

Edited by EternalReckoning

the individual plots are straight forward, but when you put them together you get this sort of mess lol...

kind of like if you had a mars bar, cabbage and a duck then you mix them together and the result is mind boggling.

I kind of wanna try that combination now.

Oh really? Must we point out all the times you've been corrected? xD

It was a couple times. Like maybe 5 or 6 by now.

I don't think general intelligence has anything to do with understanding the plot to a game series, it's just wrapping your head around the plot points, it's not like it's throwing math problems into the plot, but knowing Kingdom Hearts...

Good point. xD

But, its easy for me to wrap my head around stuff like plot points.

I would say DDD. Even though I played through the game in Japanese first I pretty much knew what was going on due to me playing through all the other games. You just need to play through in the right order of games to easily comprehend how all the characters are connected. Def would never recommend DDD as a first KH game.

the plot of KH has never really been confusing beyond time travel, there are some WTF moments like when they digitized a journal and Sora jumps like 500 feet into the air, or when Sora falls on his head and doesnt die in Deep Jungle, but other than that the plot is just like any other anime where if you actually follow the story its easily understandable, but if you try to explain it in a few minutes to a person who has never played any of the games it seems a little complex.

The time travel in DDD was confusing for me at first until I realized that once the heart is separated from the body, it can be sent anywhere the original person has been in time. From that point, it can bring versions of itself through time temporarily, in the case of DDD, all to one instance in the Organization XIII chamber. Once you realize that and then see where all xehanort was throughout time, whether as himself, terranort, ansem SoD, or Xemnas, and it's not too confusing anymore.

I have no problem with the games but sometimes I get confused over the whole Ansem/Xehanort thing. It was fine until I played bbs and then I had to completely rethink it. Like DracoZombie said, I needed to read some Wikia pages and talk to some people to completely understand it.