Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Jim

What do you think the FFXV tutorial will be?

I made a similar topic like this fairly recently for KH3, but I have some ideas for what Final Fantasy XV's tutorial might be. I'm not saying I expect either of these to happen, I just think that'd be cool. 

Let's start with the less likely one. Remember that FF "Agni's Philosophy" tech demo? Now, WHAT IF they blow our minds by having that be some precursor to the FFXV story? (I did make a topic about this before, but I'm just reiterating it to say what I want to say here). Like, what happened in that tech demo shows that girl taking the crystal and beginning the kingdom of Lucis with it, like a thousand years before the events of Noctis's story? (heck, she looks like she could be related to Noctis, so I don't think it'd be that far out). "Jim, what does this have to do with a tutorial?" I'm getting to it. So, imagine that in the tutorial, you play as her as she escapes from those people who attack in the trailer. She can use magic, if I remember correctly, and they could teach you how to fight by having her equipped with some small sword and able to use spells and potions. Then when it gets to the point where she summons that dragon, that's when the storyline would fast forward so-and-so amount of years to where we follow Noctis's story.

Now, I personally think this one would be really cool. Picture this: the tutorial is Noctis's dad spending quality time with his son. Like, you'd control Noctis at a younger age, around the same age as he is in the trailer where he's complaining about the soup. In the scene where you see that in the trailer, you can tell that his father loves him and doesn't have a problem with entertaining his son. So as the tutorial, you could have his father and him having a little fake battle for fun in the courtyard of their mansion. It could teach you how to attack (attacking Noctis's dad would have him shouting out in fake pain or saying things like "oh no, you got me!" in a child-friendly voice). Nomura says you can climb up on animals and stuff, so it could also tutor the player on how to do that by prompting him to jump up on Noctis's dad's back and hitting him with his toy sword or something like that. Any cutscenes interspersed through out this tutorial would show the father-son duo laughing as they fight or his dad light-heartedly teasing him between their little matches. I feel like simply doing this for a tutorial could help the player appreciate the relationship between Noctis and his father, and it would help you feel like you already know the characters a little better. 

What do you think?

Edited by Jim

I'm guessing it will take place at a convention center in 2006. Noctis, teaming up with Nomura, will take the stage and show a preview of the  a video game that many will get excited about. There will then be a 7-year long loading screen before anything happens in the game again.

I don't think the SE tech demo has anything to do with FFXV. I mean, the demo itself presented a game of its own, looking like it has some sacred cult stuff going on and then that dragon thingy and all that. Whereas FFXV just shows a struggle for power. The stories emotions dont match, and they won't have anything to do with each other.

I hope there is no tutorial.

Huh... good point. Now that I think about it, a good majority of the FF games I've played don't have tutorials...

Huh... good point. Now that I think about it, a good majority of the FF games I've played don't have tutorials...

I just hate tutorials. :P Seriously. The first thing you usually learn is something like, "PRESS X TO JUMP!!!". It's like, really game? Ya think I couldn't have figured that out by maybe...Ya know...Pushing the buttons to see what they do?

Maybe not a tutorial but I like the idea of playing as Noctis while he's playing with his Dad. It deepens the relationship between the two and makes Noctis a more sympathetic character at the same time. Of course if you are playing Noctis as a kid, how could it not be a tutorial haha. 

Edited by m.a.g.27

That actually sounds like a neat idea...but then again like the others said, there really hasn't been any tutorials like that in a FF game,

Edited by Neos