Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Madara Uchiha

Anime | Manga Hunter x Hunter (2011)

(Possible Spoilers below)

I've just finished watching episode 117 of HunterXHunter(the new version,not the old one)

Things seemed to be improving once the narrator learned to slowdown a little and Gon finally found Peto(or Beto)

The episode was going slowly with some pointless inner monologue with Nackle(or Knuckle if you're a Sonic fan lol)

I was watching normally and said ok ok that's fine and dandy let's move over to the next episode......................

Then the narrator had to open his mouth again and revealed something that pissed me off so much

This whole operation....the whole operation of infiltrating the Chimera Ant's king's palace that spanned almost 7+ episode......all of it took place in just 3 minutes.........that's right....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall this shit that's been happening and lasted for what feels like an eternity.........only took three minutes.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMaNWRxyZwg

YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME??!!!!

This DBZ and the Namek Saga all over again,this is exactly like how Frieza said it'll only take 5 minutes for Namek to explode and then it takes over 10 episodes for it to happen(original DBZ not Kai)

You expect me to believe that they not only managed sneak to the castle,infiltrate the castle,letting Netero do a meteor attack while battling Peto,make Yobi go badshit insane,have Shot(or Shoto...whatever)battling him for what seems like almost an hour of fighting,reach the king and take him away,reach Peto who's been healing Komogi at this point,have Yobi f***king explode.....IN JUST THREE MINUTES!!!!!!ALL 6 OR 7+ EPISODES JUST OCCURED IN 3 MINUTES!!!!I'm sorry but I'm not buying that crap.

Look,I'm still a fan of HunterXHunter ever since the original version and I've been watching every episode of the new version that started in 2011 and still airing to this day

The Chimera Ants arc,regardless of the good moments it might had,had really REALLY overstayed it's welcome,it;s almost as long as the Hunting exam arc if not much longer

I want to believe that this arc has some sort of canonical value to it,but with every episode I watch it seems more like a filler to me,heck even the Generiodens(or the Spiders,I dunno how to pronounce their actual name) just made a brief cameo to beat the shit outta some Chimera Ants and they never appeared again,heck Hisuka isn't there.Not even Kurabika or Leoreo are even aware of the whole disaster that the Chimera Ants are causing,it's just Gon,Kilua,an almost dead Kite,and a couple of Hunters from the Hunter Union fighting a bunch of dudes that we don't even know what's their significance in the overall canon of the series.

This episode was the last straw for me,I'll wait until this stupid Chimera Ants arc is over THEN I'm gonna resume watching HunterXHunter when something actually interesting that's actually CANON.....happen

Edited by DragonMaster
edited to reflect merging of threads

Lies! I'm watching Hunter x Hunter 2011 and I love it. 

However, I haven't caught up to Episode 117. I'm at Episode 110 where they're beginning to infiltrate the Palace and stop the Selection Process. 

Lies! I'm watching Hunter x Hunter 2011 and I love it. 

However, I haven't caught up to Episode 117. I'm at Episode 110 where they're beginning to infiltrate the Palace and stop the Selection Process. 

Don't get me wrong buddy the show is amazing.

it's just this Chimera Ants arc has dragged for so long and those last 7 episodes from 110 to 117 were some of the worst episodes I watched in Hunter X Hunter 2011

I just can't stand the Chimera Ants arc anymore,gimme back my great story arcs of before

Edited by Metal Snake

what is this show? I've never heard of it.

Well,it's an anime called Hunter X Hunter

What's currently airing is the second version of the show that continues alongside the manga

Anyway,it's pretty good stuff,give it a try.

Also,a question:Have you watched an anime before?If so,what's your favorite?

Sorry I had to ask because your question is kinda hinting at that this is your first time hearing the word anime

Edited by Metal Snake

Well,it's an anime called Hunter X Hunter

What's currently airing is the second version of the show that continues alongside the manga

Anyway,it's pretty good stuff,give it a try.

Also,a question:Have you watched an anime before?If so,what's your favorite?

Sorry I had to ask because your question is kinda hinting at that this is your first time hearing the word anime

I know what Anime is, though I don't normally watch any of it cause it doesn't interest me. I never heard of a show called Hunter X Hunter, but if you say it's a good show I could give it a try.

Don't get me wrong buddy the show is amazing.

it's just this Chimera Ants arc has dragged for so long and those last 7 episodes from 110 to 117 were some of the worst episodes I watched in Hunter X Hunter 2011

I just can't stand the Chimera Ants arc anymore,gimme back my great story arcs of before

I guess now that I think about it... it has been dragging on for a very long time. The Chimera Arc is a lot longer than the other arcs. 

I think they might of done that on purpose because they're gonna be releasing a movie soon in which the battle for the next Hunter x Hunter Chairman begins. 

I guess now that I think about it... it has been dragging on for a very long time. The Chimera Arc is a lot longer than the other arcs. 

I think they might of done that on purpose because they're gonna be releasing a movie soon in which the battle for the next Hunter x Hunter Chairman begins. 

So they're dragging the Chimera arc just so it can be in line with the canon of the upcoming movie???

Man this arc is boring

Neither Korabika nor Leoreo have bothered to even look at what's going on or even notice the havoc the Chimera ants are causing

Hell even the Black Spiders(black widows....whatever) made short cameo episodes to kill a couple of Chimera ants that were violating their old home....and then poof they didn't appear.....For the love of God Hisuka isn't even there

So they're dragging the Chimera arc just so it can be in line with the canon of the upcoming movie???

Man this arc is boring

Neither Korabika nor Leoreo have bothered to even look at what's going on or even notice the havoc the Chimera ants are causing

Hell even the Black Spiders(black widows....whatever) made short cameo episodes to kill a couple of Chimera ants that were violating their old home....and then poof they didn't appear.....For the love of God Hisuka isn't even there

Very true. I kinda miss Korabika and Leoreo. I watched Hunter x Hunter because I enjoyed a 4 sum that was together in a way. 

But now it's just Killua and Gon. I haven't nothing wrong with the two but I kinda miss the 4 of them 

I guess the Auction Arc (forgot the name) was alright since they finally met up. But I see what you mean. A lot of old characters aren't there. 

So with the Anime game J-stars victory VS just around the corner I decided to watch a few of the series that some of the games characters are from and I started with Hunter x Hunter. I've known about it for quite some time now but never got around to watching it til today. Lets just say I am not disappointed. Even though I'm only on episode 7 I am liking the way the series is going so far.

I'm not really good at explaining things. I'm more of a "view it for yourself and you'll understand" type of person haha. But I guess I could say that I'm liking the character interactions up to this point and the story seems to be an interesting one for sure. I'll just keep watching and see how well this story can take off.

Hi people, I will start watching Hunter X Hunter both the old and the new one.Do you guys suggest that I watch the classic and then the new one or do u suggest watching both together in every episode?And I will not watch the new one only if someone suggested that.

If it's like FMA, you wanna watch the original then the new one- original FMA gives the same amount of story in the first 25 episodes that Brotherhood covers in the first 10

Also if it was remade, that means the original must've left something to be desired- so watch the old one first, then the hopefully new and improved version second

The recent Hunter X Hunter episodes were awesome but...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GON STOP BEING USELESS AND DOOOOO SOMETHIIIING!!!

Holy shit he's the only one during the entire infiltration mission that's done jackshit to help anyone in their battles

Heck he had 0 character development during this operation compared to other characters like Ikalgo,heck even Wolfen got some decent character development

Knuckle and Morel did a great job fighting Yobi,and Yobi himself got some character development as well.

Legtimately Gon pissed me off so much through this entire operation,all of what he did is find Peto,moan and whine like a little bitch about Kite,being a total asshole to Kilua and told him "You just don't care,that stuff is normal for you" and lastly he never gave a single f*** about the injured Komogi who by the way IS CLEARLY AN INNOCENT HUMAN!

Look I get that what happened to Kite was horrible and brutal,but that doesn't mean you become a total dick towards your best friend

That line Gon said to Kilua pisses me off so much,if Kilua doesn't care,then why did he decide not only to ditch his family of long lineage of assassins,but risk his life many times just to save your sorry ass and stick with you to the end and be your best friend you asshole?

That training Gon had with Knuckle now gone for nothing as he didn't fight a single chimera ant on the way or even remotely help Knuckle and the brutally wounded Shoot,he just went to Peto,enters bitch mode and sat his ass down.

Don't get me wrong I loved the recent episodes of Hunter X Hunter but Gon became the worst character during this operation...not worst character no no he isn't,just the worst character for the Chimera ants arc

Edited by Red Tribal

Man this arc is boring

I see that it still remained un-answered, so I'll answer this.

No.

Before the episodes were dragged, Togashi did a break(he is so lazy lol), after that, his writing style has changed, a lot worse than what there is now(thanks to madhouse, they improved it a lot.) 

Edited by lulus1

I see that it still remained un-answered, so I'll answer this.

No.

Before the episodes were dragged, Togashi did a break(he is so lazy lol), after that, his writing style has changed, a lot worse than what there is now(thanks to madhouse, they improved it a lot.) 

Well at least the latest episodes were good with the sole exception of Gon......OMG he's such a f***ing asshole during this whole operation

If you've been watching the last 4 or 5 episodes of Hunter X Hunter(2011 version) you'll know exactly what I'm talking about  The last 5 episodes were the most boring,unexciting episodes of HXH I've ever seen for one simple reason.  The narrator Instead of narrating the beginning and the ending of an episode,he know narrates the entire episode right from the first minute up to the end of the episodes and it pisses me off so much when he won't stop pointing out the complete f***king obvious stuff that I'M JUST SEEING ON SCREEN like:Gon jumped,Kilua dodged an attack,the king of the mutant ants is angry,nackle stood there in shock.....etc I'm dead serious,it's like been like this for the last 5 episodes,he won't STFU!!!!!!!!!! Me and my brother(who watches anime with me) were constantly screaming at the screen every freakin minute:NO SHIT SHERLOCK I CAN CLEARLY SEE WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!!  It's absolutely annoying and stupid,the narrator has been doing almost all the talking,the characters barely say anything,in fact the narrator even narrates their own thought.......this is BULLSHIT The last 5 episodes were complete and utter shit I've been making fun of Naruto Shippuden's over explanation for jutsu during battles but that doesn't even compare to this the last 2 episodes of HXH,we've the first 10 minutes was just Gon and the others running in slo-mo mode while the narrator narrates every second of it or jump to another scene.  You have no idea how much the narrator pissed me off,I was pissed so much to the point I wanted to reach the screen,grab the narrator and punch him 1000 times Kenshiro style from Fist of the North Star What happened to the days when the narrator just do his job of narrating the beginning and ending of episodes instead of reading the entire damn scenario the show?? If the next episode is like this I'm gonna ditch Hunter X Hunter completely just like what I did with Naruto

I thought the Narration was perfect. He was explaining what was going through everyones head, what was going on throughout the invasion. If it weren't for the narrator, you would'nt have noticed the uniqueness of the arc.

I thought the Narration was perfect. He was explaining what was going through everyones head, what was going on throughout the invasion. If it weren't for the narrator, you would'nt have noticed the uniqueness of the arc.

the narrator during the chimera ant arc was mostly narrating the obvious most of the time and when he's narrating anything else he mostly narrates expositions and flashbacks

Anyway,now that the Chimera Ant arc is over we're now back to usual Hunter X Hunter stuff

and ALL HAIL LEOREO,THAT PUNCH WAS LITERALLY THE MOST SATISFYING MOMENT IN THE ENTIRE SERIES