Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Guns in America

Watching Sunday Night on SEVEN here in Australia. They have a story on Guns in America, and some of the stuff is disgusting. Some guy who's head of something gun related in America is an idiot.  Honestly. Jon Bon Jovi is also disgusted. Guns should be banned. I'll post the story when I can. But seriously, who wants their kids using guns? One father shown was proud of his daughter for shooting a pig dead.

I both agree and disagree.Agree with your outrage over the fact that a kid has access to a gun. That stuff should be strictly forbidden to children.Disagree with the fact that "guns should be banned". Even with the most loving government in the world you should keep your eyes open and should be able to defend yourself in case the government goes tyrannic. Aside from that having a gun will also mean you can protect yourself against dacoits and stuff

I both agree and disagree.Agree with your outrage over the fact that a kid has access to a gun. That stuff should be strictly forbidden to children.Disagree with the fact that "guns should be banned". Even with the most loving government in the world you should keep your eyes open and should be able to defend yourself in case the government goes tyrannic. Aside from that having a gun will also mean you can protect yourself against dacoits and stuff

So people can go into your schools and kill all the kids again? 

Banning guns is the answer. It works wonders.

So people can go into your schools and kill all the kids again? 

Banning guns is the answer. It works wonders.

Banning guns won't stop home-made bombs, or knife attacks. Plus, I'm quite sure there's several criminals that have acquired guns illegally so it doesn't matter whther you ban them or not, people will find ways to get their hands on a weapon

Banning guns won't stop home-made bombs, or knife attacks. Plus, I'm quite sure there's several criminals that have acquired guns illegally so it doesn't matter whther you ban them or not, people will find ways to get their hands on a weapon

but it will be a whole lot better if they do ban guns

Posted Image

Edited by ☣Angel☣ of ☠Death☠

No! banning guns is not solution, if you take away guns, they get em' from black market or just use something else, like knifes.

Banning guns really messes those up who use guns for some real purposes like hunting and just takes their hobby away. 

What actually needs to be done is this: In order to get your hands on gun, you need to get weapon license and in order to get that, you need to pass an exam. Also we need more reliable weapon sellers. 

And you also have to remember: Guns don't kill people, humans do. Guns aren't reason of killing, we need to focus why people have killed, there has to be improvement on psychological care, society has to take care of everyone etc. 

ok so there is a law on guns in Australia people do get guns imported illegally but the deaths are extremely minimal compared to america so if they do it in america it would at least bring the death toll from guns lower

ok so there is a law on guns in Australia people do get guns imported illegally but the deaths are extremely minimal compared to america so if they do it in america it would at least bring the death toll from guns lower

Exactly. It'll save thousands of lives every year.

one of my friends dad's accidentally shot himself while climbing through a barb wire fence : I think they should be banned but i also believe that shooting should still be available as a hobby. What i mean is to have guns for hire at shooting ranges etc. as it looks like fun (when you put it in that context) and shooting those flying plate thingy's is an olympic sport, I do gymnastics and if someone banned gymnastics because it was "too dangerous" I would die of boredom!!!

if guns kill people, do spoons make people fat?  The tools are not to blame, but the people behind them.  Truly in this case, the media is mostly to blame.

see, this stuff i despise. a spoon is an object with which to eat. eating is necessary. a gun's sole purpose is to maim or kill, which is definitely unnecessary. you can't compare the two. people may be the ones who shoot each other, but its a great deal easier if you have a gun.

Guys they already banned guns once and the crime rate increased and more people died becuase they couldnt protect themselves so banning guns would not be a good idea

When did they do that? Sounds like America's pretty firetrucked up, every other country which has banned guns has seen death by guns go down significantly.

Guns should be banned.

LOL just because you make guns illegal isnt going to stop people who were already going to break the law and kill people if people want to get there hands on something it isnt that hard legal or not take marijuana for example. If people are going to kill someone or rob a store making guns illegal wont change a thing. If the criminals are going to have guns shouldn't we in order to protect ourselves have gins as well. Banning guns would be a horrible decision. 

Not to mention there'd be no more hunting if guns are banned you didnt specify if its banned for the whole population our police force would no longer have guns either.and if they do then the government and criminals have all the power and we the innocent have our power taken from us.

I'm not american btw

It's impossible to entirely ban guns in America. The way people have interpreted the Second Amendment has been skewed for years, and with gun lobbyists and groups like the NRA it's just too embedded into our culture.

But on that note, my belief is that what needs to be banned are automatic weapons. Sure, there's the whole "guns don't kill people people kill people" argument or whatever, but all you need for self-defense is a handgun. And then with hunters and whatever, they use rifles and shotguns because of how effective it is.

The only purpose of having AK-47s or FAMAS rifles is to kill. There is literally no reason why the common person should have access to them.

You guys act like people using knives and other weapons to commit crimes and kill people is such a big deal when it's not really???? I mean, guns aren't legal here in Canada and people still do all of the above but nobody makes a mountain of out a molehill over those kinds of possibilities. My personal opinion is that there is no purpose for guns to be legal because the only reason the Second Amendment was created was because newly formed America was always on the lookout for the British possibly attacking them.

That being said, America isn't my country and we all know that you guys are irrevocably in love with the Second Amendment. I don't see anyone breaking up with their guns anytime soon. From what I see, the problem lies with a need for a better system of strict gun control. Like Japan's, where they take classes, are having to do tests, making sure there isn't a history of crime in the family or that they don't have a mental illness of some kind, not to mention that they inspect gun owners once a year and that licenses are required to be renewed every three years. Their gun control is so tight that gun related deaths are considered unusual. Both America and Japan are pretty populated so I don't think the system over there would be ineffective on this side of the world.

But I'm no expert, I just think it should be worth trying out.

The world nowadays keeps getting even more messed up, and I can't believe how kids get access to these kinds of things.  Kids shouldn't be allowed to have guns, because that would pose a threat to themselves and to others around them.  It's sickening how parents can be proud because their kids can wield guns. :(

see, this stuff i despise. a spoon is an object with which to eat. eating is necessary. a gun's sole purpose is to maim or kill, which is definitely unnecessary. you can't compare the two. people may be the ones who shoot each other, but its a great deal easier if you have a gun.

truthfully, the gun was most likely invented in the case of killing animals for food in a more efficient way.  the original purpose of hunting itself is for food, so i think i can compare the two quite well.  it's how it's used that is the problem in both cases.

When did they do that? Sounds like America's pretty firetrucked up, every other country which has banned guns has seen death by guns go down significantly.

1994-2004 the main reason crime rate went up was because people who kill as a crime are going against the law they are going to find a way to get guns

1994-2004 the main reason crime rate went up was because people who kill as a crime are going against the law they are going to find a way to get guns

If that's true, America's even more firetrucked up than I thought. Every other country to ban guns has seen gun related deaths go down significantly. 

And don't think I've got something against America, because I don't. The New England Patriots are one of the most important things in my life.