Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Nomura said Sora's Outfit has to be revealed yet, so I don't think he will keep the Drive Ability. Something new would be appreciated.

Woooow, seriously? You rather want a new outfit and no Drive Forms than him keeping his outfit (that looks cool anyway) and with Drive Forms?

My mind has been blown to pieces... I can't believe you want a new outfit even if that means Drive Forms dissapear. He doesn't even need a new outfit.

The little tidbit of acrobatics he performed in the trailer may allude to whatever abilities his new outfit might have.

But it's the same outfit as his KH2 one. It wouldn't really make sense if he got a new outfit just because he jumped off of a wall. I don't really want a new outfit ability either. Drive Forms cannot go away :( Nomura said the system would be like KH2 anyway, so maybe that means he'll have Drive Form AND there would be well-received elements from the handhelds (He said that too).

edit: My post didn't merge!

Edited by Toby

well considering that soras clothes magically let him use drive a similar mechanic might be used with his new clothes. If it is something similar to drive it might also be like the command styles. I would love to have something like Final Form again :D 

But it's the same outfit as his KH2 one. It wouldn't really make sense if he got a new outfit just because he jumped off of a wall. I don't really want a new outfit ability either. Drive Forms cannot go away :( Nomura said the system would be like KH2 anyway, so maybe that means he'll have Drive Form AND there would be well-received elements from the handhelds (He said that too).

the only thing i dont want from the kh2 battle system is the mp bar. i would rather infinitely spam magic like in bbs and 3d xD just with a reload and using the spells like Megaflare would be nice too.

Woooow, seriously? You rather want a new outfit and no Drive Forms than him keeping his outfit (that looks cool anyway) and with Drive Forms?

My mind has been blown to pieces... I can't believe you want a new outfit even if that means Drive Forms dissapear. He doesn't even need a new outfit.

Some people like new and fresh looks for characters. I know I do. Plus Drive forms were KH2's thing. KH3 needs it's own thing or it will just be KH2.

Nomura said that Sora's outfit isn't yet revealed so I'd quess he might have a new one (and I hope he will). Still, I don't think that would necessary mean there wouldn't be drive in KH2. I think he could have the drive abilities in his new clothes as well. But personally I hope that if there'll be drive in kh3, it would be at least a bit different from kh2 because even though I like drive in that game, I'd rather see something new.

He's had the same outfit for 3 games already.  Each numbers title has started with a new outfit and new abilities.  We don't want KH3 to just look like a HD KH2.  

That doesn't meant there won't be some loophole or Nomura logic to have Drive Forms still.  But this is meant to be the last game of the saga, you'll expect new innovations to finish it off instead of the same old same old.

He's had the same outfit for 3 games already.  Each numbers title has started with a new outfit and new abilities.  We don't want KH3 to just look like a HD KH2.  

That doesn't meant there won't be some loophole or Nomura logic to have Drive Forms still.  But this is meant to be the last game of the saga, you'll expect new innovations to finish it off instead of the same old same old.

Sonic always kept his trademark shoes and he never looked any different other than his eye color that changed after the classic games.

Crash Bandicoot always looked the same.

Naruto characters always looked the same even though they've had 3 games.

So what if he still has this outfit? It looks good and people shouldn't complain about it. There are so many videogame characters that don't get new outfits, but that doesn't make them worse.

Sonic always kept his trademark shoes and he never looked any different other than his eye color that changed after the classic games.

Crash Bandicoot always looked the same.

Naruto characters always looked the same even though they've had 3 games.

So what if he still has this outfit? It looks good and people shouldn't complain about it. There are so many videogame characters that don't get new outfits, but that doesn't make them worse.

Kingdom Hearts isn't any of those games though, nor are those games made by Square Enix or designed by Nomura.  

Kingdom Hearts isn't any of those games though, nor are those games made by Square Enix or designed by Nomura.  

That's not my point. My point is that it's not necessary for a video game character to change design or outfit unless the character grew out of their design like Sora (Since he grew a lot).

That's not my point. My point is that it's not necessary for a video game character to change design or outfit unless the character grew out of their design like Sora (Since he grew a lot).

It's not necessary, but those other games are really timeless, where KH has a timeline and years pass during it, Nomura has redesigned his characters outfits numerous times, and the outfit has been seen plenty of times already and it's a new installment, so it makes sense to have an outfit change, and it's not unlike Nomura to do so.  Simple as, no sense complaining about it since none of us has any say in what costume any of the characters get, new or old.  

It's not necessary, but those other games are really timeless, where KH has a timeline and years pass during it, Nomura has redesigned his characters outfits numerous times, and the outfit has been seen plenty of times already and it's a new installment, so it makes sense to have an outfit change, and it's not unlike Nomura to do so.  Simple as, no sense complaining about it since none of us has any say in what costume any of the characters get, new or old.  

Sonic isn't timeless, Sora only aged from 14 to 15 while Sonic was 15 and he has become older since then which is also one of the reasons why he got a new voice actor. There are many other video games that do have aging :|

Sonic isn't timeless, Sora only aged from 14 to 15 while Sonic was 15 and he has become older since then which is also one of the reasons why he got a new voice actor. There are many other video games that do have aging :|

Sora is 16 in KH3D and it's suspected he'll be 17 or close to it by KH3, he didn't just age once and stay that way forever, he's aging throughout the series.  Sonic is timeless in the way that you could play several games in a row without him having aged at all but throughout the KH games they still take aging into account as time goes on so at various installments he's a year older.  He's 4 in BBS, 14 in KH1, 14 going on 15 in COM/Days, 15 in KH2, and from the end of KH2 to 3D he's turned 16.  As such it makes sense for Sora to get a new outfit or even armor, since he'll have grown, new abilities would be expected for the new installment and they don't want it to look the same as KH2 with the exact same outfit and same drive forms involved.  

Sora is 16 in KH3D and it's suspected he'll be 17 or close to it by KH3, he didn't just age once and stay that way forever, he's aging throughout the series.  Sonic is timeless in the way that you could play several games in a row without him having aged at all but throughout the KH games they still take aging into account as time goes on so at various installments he's a year older.  He's 4 in BBS, 14 in KH1, 14 going on 15 in COM/Days, 15 in KH2, and from the end of KH2 to 3D he's turned 16.  As such it makes sense for Sora to get a new outfit or even armor, since he'll have grown, new abilities would be expected for the new installment and they don't want it to look the same as KH2 with the exact same outfit and same drive forms involved.  

Sonic HAS aged. Also, a new game doesn't necessarily mean it has been 1 year after the other game. Sora is still the same size as in KH2 so it would be dumb if he just lolchanged clothes for no reason. Also, I never said the SAME Drive Forms. I only said Drive Forms. He could have new ones in KH3.

Sonic HAS aged. Also, a new game doesn't necessarily mean it has been 1 year after the other game. Sora is still the same size as in KH2 so it would be dumb if he just lolchanged clothes for no reason. Also, I never said the SAME Drive Forms. I only said Drive Forms. He could have new ones in KH3.

But where's the point in just altering a form of a mechanic we've already used instead of giving your customers something new and innovative that really sets the game out against the others? It sounds like you just want a remixed version of KH2.  

But where's the point in just altering a form of a mechanic we've already used instead of giving your customers something new and innovative that really sets the game out against the others? It sounds like you just want a remixed version of KH2.  

Didn't you read what Nomura said? He said there would be features that were well received from the non-core games. It sounds like YOU think that a feature should immediately be thrown away after it has been introduced. Drive Forms can stay, and there can be other features added too, that doesn't mean they have to be removed. A lot of people like the Drive Forms, too, so why remove them? It wouldn't make sense. A good feature should stay and then there should be other features added. Not that other features replace that one feature.

Going to bed now, I'll be on here tomorrow again.