Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hei

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the next Smash Bros will you get?

• 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Both
    • Neither

That's a big one there. There's also the fact that most retailers suck anyway. For me, GameStop has great customer service, Best Buy doesn't, and amazon takes too much of my time, plus I like ensuring my physical items are there (as much as I love to use amazon, I can't always be sure that my orders will make it to me).

Uhhh

Anyway,I hope this stupid decision won't be repeated with future waves

Also,since it's gonna be released after 10 days:WHERE IS THE SMASH 4 WII U BUNDLE IWATA?DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE NOT BUNDLING YOUR BEST GAME ON WII U WITH THE SYSTEM!!!The Mario 3D World bundle is old and you better announce a Smash Wii U bundle soon

UhhhAnyway,I hope this stupid decision won't be repeated with future wavesAlso,since it's gonna be released after 10 days:WHERE IS THE SMASH 4 WII U BUNDLE IWATA?DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE NOT BUNDLING YOUR BEST GAME ON WII U WITH THE SYSTEM!!!The Mario 3D World bundle is old and you better announce a Smash Wii U bundle soon

I hear there's a bundle in Europe. No news outside of that though.

I hear there's a bundle in Europe. No news outside of that though.

So far it's a rumor and I'm still waiting for confirmation

Sure I already have a Wii U but having a Smash bundle will save people some money when they want to buy both the console and the game and it'll be more awesome if it came with the GameCube adapter.....c'mon Reggie...don't let the Iwata influence get into you

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/11/11/amiibo-wont-be-region-locked/

Amiibo won't be region locked...............THANK GOD THANK GOD

Now it's possible to import them as soon as they come out in Japan

I wish Toon Link had his own final smash.

He could have used the wind waker to make a gust of wind that pushes people around with bombs and pigs caught in the wind, to do heavy damage. That'd be interesting. 

I wish Toon Link had his own final smash.

He could have used the wind waker to make a gust of wind that pushes people around with bombs and pigs caught in the wind, to do heavy damage. That'd be interesting. 

Speaking of Toon Link:

Pirate Ship didn't return

No other WW/Toon Link stages

Beautiful reorchestrated Great Sea forced to be a part of Skyloft. 

Toon Link being my biggest main, this is a huge disappointment.

I know there was no reason to doubt it, but I heard nothing about a midnight launch for the Wii U version, until today. I paid off Smash with some trade credit and was told that my GameStop was having a midnight launch.

Wait Gamestop is doing a mid-night launch for Smash?

But they said they won't do it and would put CoD Advanced Warfare in it's place instead

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

So it's now confirmed that amiibos will copy your playstyle while also learning how to counter it.

That means if you repeatably footstool opponents, that means the amiibo will love to do that too. 

Also...teach Jigglypuff to Rest perfectly. You've created a monster. 

Wait Gamestop is doing a mid-night launch for Smash?

But they said they won't do it and would put CoD Advanced Warfare in it's place instead

Lol, Advanced Warfare is already out.

If your GameStop told you that, they must be slow. 

Also, amiibo can only save data from one game. If you save you smash on an amiibo, it will be deleted if you save a different game on the amiibo. Luckily, Smash is the only title with save data. The mii outfits in MK8 and the multiple unlocks in Hyrule Warriors can still be done without erasing your Smash data on them.

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, I hope the Toon Link amiibo unlocks Toon Link as a playable character (probably give Zelda a Wind Waker/Baton skin or Link a Wind Waker item as a weapon though...).

So it's now confirmed that amiibos will copy your playstyle while also learning how to counter it.

That means if you repeatably footstool opponents, that means the amiibo will love to do that too. 

Also...teach Jigglypuff to Rest perfectly. You've created a monster. 

Basically, play Jigglypuff, perfect your Rest timing and your Jiggly amiibo will learn that timing. Not only have you created a monster, but you've also learned a thing or two about timing that damn Rest.

I'm really excited for amiibo, now. When I get my New 3DS (I think they'll have it out before the amiibo I want) I want to buy my two favorites, Shulk and Sonic. I might buy Zero Suit Samus, too because that Final Smash is deadly :3. I wonder if you can use the same amiibo on both versions of the game.

Lol, Advanced Warfare is already out.

If your GameStop told you that, they must be slow. 

Also, amiibo can only save data from one game. If you save you smash on an amiibo, it will be deleted if you save a different game on the amiibo. Luckily, Smash is the only title with save data. The mii outfits in MK8 and the multiple unlocks in Hyrule Warriors can still be done without erasing your Smash data on them.

Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, I hope the Toon Link amiibo unlocks Toon Link as a playable character (probably give Zelda a Wind Waker/Baton skin or Link a Wind Waker item as a weapon though...).

Basically, play Jigglypuff, perfect your Rest timing and your Jiggly amiibo will learn that timing. Not only have you created a monster, but you've also learned a thing or two about timing that damn Rest.

Well the Gamestop near my brother told him so since he's living in NA not me

Anyway,the amiibos that I will try to get first are Bowser and Megaman since those two are my primary mains

Hey, guess what?!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/shulk_amiibo_listed_as_gamestop_exclusive_in_the_us

I'm so freaking pissed off about this! I thought Nintendo learned after Gamestop completely screwed up with Xenoblade, but for consistency sake, they're giving them the Shulk amiibo, too! Prepare to have to spend $30 for this one if you don't pre-order!

Edited by Shulk

PDP has an amiibo carrying cube just secretly hiding itself away on gamestop's website:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/nintendo-amiibo-carrying-cube/117308 

Also, Wal-mart has an Amiibo Smash bundle that comes with Mario, Link, and Pikachu amiibo and the game. 

I'm searching to see if any of the amiibo for the February lineup have been put up anywhere else, but Shulk seems to be the only one right now.

Hey, guess what?!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/11/shulk_amiibo_listed_as_gamestop_exclusive_in_the_us

I'm so freaking pissed off about this! I thought Nintendo learned after Gamestop completely screwed up with Xenoblade, but for consistency sake, they're giving them the Shulk amiibo, too! Prepare to have to spend $30 for this one if you don't pre-order!

Looks like 1 of the 3 I want there is good to go. I figured they'd get Mega Man or something first, not Shulk. We already knew the February lineup was gonna have retailer exclusives, but I didn't expect any news on where any were going yet.

Edited by Hero of Winds

Goddamn it, my favorite is already confirmed to be exclusive. And at GAMESTOP OF ALL PLACES!

Great. Customer Service in the Gamestops (Take note of the PLURAL) that I live near suck. It's far too pricey too.

Bets placed: Sonic is gonna be retailer exclusive as well. Then I'll really rip my hair out.

Goddamn it, my favorite is already confirmed to be exclusive. And at GAMESTOP OF ALL PLACES!Great. Customer Service in the Gamestops (Take note of the PLURAL) that I live near suck. It's far too pricey too.Bets placed: Sonic is gonna be retailer exclusive as well. Then I'll really rip my hair out.

The fact that Shulk's a retail exclusive isn't the worst part: Gamestop's track record with his character is what makes this so freaking annoying. They're known for overpricing Xenoblade since it was one of their exclusives. I know it's rare, but $90 for a game a few years after release? That's just insane.

The fact that Shulk's a retail exclusive isn't the worst part: Gamestop's track record with his character is what makes this so freaking annoying. They're known for overpricing Xenoblade since it was one of their exclusives. I know it's rare, but $90 for a game a few years after release? That's just insane.

I'm assuming I'm just lucky then? Not too long ago, I found 2 copies side by side for $45 each. Maybe it's because I hail from Kentucky. Most people overlook this state (good on them by the way, there's literally nothing here to do).

Goddamn it, my favorite is already confirmed to be exclusive. And at GAMESTOP OF ALL PLACES!Great. Customer Service in the Gamestops (Take note of the PLURAL) that I live near suck. It's far too pricey too.Bets placed: Sonic is gonna be retailer exclusive as well. Then I'll really rip my hair out.

Everyone from the recently announced February lineup is planned to have a retailer exclusive tag placed on them. Nintendo announced it themselves, here: 

I'm assuming I'm just lucky then? Not too long ago, I found 2 copies side by side for $45 each. Maybe it's because I hail from Kentucky. Most people overlook this state (good on them by the way, there's literally nothing here to do).

Everyone from the recently announced February lineup is planned to have a retailer exclusive tag placed on them. Nintendo announced it themselves, here: 

Gamestop quit the $90 crap a few months ago, but for a long time, they were the reason why it was so tough to get the game. I got it during that time, and while I find it to be worth that (Normal playthrough is 70 hours long, add in multiple playthroughs and 100%, and you've got a ton of replay value), I feel like Gamestop shouldn't have raised the price so much.

Apparently there's a new patch coming out this month, with some gameplay balancing and potential nerfs and buffs (Rosalina will most likely be one of those nerfed so Luma takes longer to respawn like in the WiiU version). Old replays will not be able to be viewed after the patch because of the gameplay restructuring, so watch out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Apparently there's a new patch coming out this month, with some gameplay balancing and potential nerfs and buffs (Rosalina will most likely be one of those nerfed so Luma takes longer to respawn like in the WiiU version). Old replays will not be able to be viewed after the patch because of the gameplay restructuring, so watch out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think Villager may get nurfed because on an online match while I was playing as Toon Link, the tree that Villager grew killed me at 81%

Nah, that's normal. Pretty sure that should happen at that percentage. The tree is practically a Smash attack and Toon Link is so light a KO at 81% is extremely likely as he's easy to launch.

I guess that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. 

So, I'm looking up all the amiibo stuff and apparently only Toon Link works with MK8 out of the Zelda characters so far. Even though every Smash Bros character amiibo will have the ability to be used in Hyrule Warriors (randomly generating a new random item every so often I believe), but the obvious Zelda and Shiek will have character specific items for their respective playable characters in Hyrule Warriors. Toon Link also holds a specific support for Hyrule Warriors. It could be a new weapon for Link, but PLEASE let it be Toon Link as a new playable character!

Posted Image

Posted Image

In terms of nerfs

I expect Rosalina to be nerfed a bit if only by increasing the respawning time for the Luma

As for buffs,I expect Palutena and Megaman to be buffed especially Palutena