Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hei

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the next Smash Bros will you get?

• 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Both
    • Neither

Are you serious? It's a fighting game, Kihara. A fighting game that allows up to four players in battle. So what if you get targeted by one single guy? Too bad! Beat that guy and move on with the match! There's no ands, ifs, or buts about it. You can't just restrict people like that, especially if you run into one those assholes online that just spends his time ruining the match for everybody else. He's the first guy to be gone.

Tbh you should have just said this to avoid any longer arguments. (Before mods go in a deleting spree).

I agree though. It's not like everyone has the mentality to aim at one person. I thought Nintendo doesn't listen to the minority (or whoever it was), so why go add this rule when only the minority of the players do this? Hypocrite much Nintendo? 

Also we have to remember Sakurai and his team were rushing both versions. A few features that won't be present in the Wii U version's launch date is enough evidence to suggest this.

The bug will be fixed soon, and everyone will go on with their Smash Bros. life like it was a thing in the past. lel

Edited by OmegaForte

Tbh you should have just said this to avoid any longer arguments. (Before mods go in a deleting spree).

But I did say that, and yet the argument continued. So what's your point? 

Edited by Firaga Sensei

But I did say that, and yet the argument continued. So what's your point?

You started on how it's Nintendo's fault when it's a small fraction of them working with Sakurai. I mean other companies have bugs that end up being patched, the same will happen with this situation. Sure it's a silly rule but it's something people will have to go by. Not the same but similar with Pokemon's stupid legal checks. Online is mostly ruined with hackmons, but people keep playing online taking the risks. That and I blame GF for this.

You started on how it's Nintendo's fault when it's a small fraction of them working with Sakurai.Sure it's a silly rule but it's something people will have to go by. Not the same but similar with Pokemon's stupid legal checks. Online is mostly ruined with hackmons, but people keep playing online taking the risks. That and I blame GF for this.

Okay, then fine, then its whoever programmed the damn game's fault. I don't care. :/ I just want this to be fixed.

Seriously though, you don't have to keep telling me over and over that it'll be fixed. I know it will be fixed. It's irritating me.

"Silly" is not what I describe this rule as. And I still don't agree with it in the slightest.

Okay, then fine, then its whoever programmed the damn game's fault. I don't care. :/ I just want this to be fixed.Seriously though, you don't have to keep telling me over and over that it'll be fixed. I know it will be fixed. It's irritating me."Silly" is not what I describe this rule as. And I still don't agree with it in the slightest.

Not surprised, but you should expect similar responses anyways. The again that's how I set myself whenever I post something that can be debatable. (Not much anymore because delete delete delete). Edited by OmegaForte

Not surprised, but you should expect similar responses anyways.The again that's how I set myself whenever I post something that can be debatable. (Not much anymore because delete delete delete).

I think this discussion has calmed down enough to a point where it's not really as tense anymore anyway :/ I've gotten out what I wanted to say, and if at least one person understands, then fine.

I'm saying they're the root of all evil. In fact, there a lot of other companies I could pin point as the root of all evil, gaming wise.But on point: my anger is pointed at the reasons behind this glitch, not the glitch itself. I know it is going to be fixed, because if it doesn't and if anybody that got banned because of it doesn't get unbanned, then Nintendo would look like a pile of shit. But what I don't know, or what I don't understand, is why people have to jump through hoops to avoid this glitch. Think about it: you can't do multiplayer, you can't quit during a match, you can't go online, and you can only use one on one.If any other fighting game did this, people would be throwing their shit at the wall. I will not give Smash or Nintendo an excuse.Don't you think it reflects on Nintendo how bad this glitch is? I think it does, I think somebody in the development team f*cked something up. This just isn't psomething that should happen. Ever. Glitches like character models screwing up or the game freezing are minor, but this type of glitch is baffling to me. And it really suggests that Nintendo needs to re-evalute some things, especially if they've made this kind of mistake before and also if this kind of thing comes to Wii U, which I hope it won't because I'd expect Nintendo not to make the same mistake twice.

Pretty obvious that no one really cares that much. You had to do it because no one else discussed it the way you want to. We already discussed this here and moved on, because a fix is on the way. Same with any other game, fix is on the way, why should I care?

Pretty obvious that no one really cares that much. You had to do it because no one else discussed it the way you want to. We already discussed this here and moved on, because a fix is on the way. Same with any other game, fix is on the way, why should I care?

Move on Hero, it's done with. :/

Well obviously it's done with. I made my statement and had nothing more to say. I'm using the mobile version by the way. Makes it hard to see how old some posts are.

Alright, well at least you're up to speed.

Ok guys, seriously, we're past it, so leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's move ooooooooooooooooooooon.

So, on a side note, i got the chance to fight At-Low Kihara today, we tested our Shulks against each other. Honestly, he's reaaaaaaaally good, although i gotta admit, there were some times where lag and my circle pad screwing me over(i have to apply more force than i normally would to get fast fall to activate now due to my Pad starting to come off) that made it a bit harder, but i still think overall that it was a fair fight. Honestly, i think he probably has a better Shulk than i do though, by like a decent amount. I definitely look forward to fighting him again, same goes for any of you guys on this thread too. : 3

So, after a month of the game's release, r/smashbros has published their first community tier list based on trends in voting. Obviously this is far from "perfect", but I think it's a good indicator of how often you can expect to see characters on For Glory because, let's face it, at this point in time until there's tournament data along with the WiiU version coming out soon, it's basically just a popularity contest. Still pretty interesting, though, even if you think tiers are just a lame excuse.

Posted Image

So, after a month of the game's release, r/smashbros has published their first community tier list based on trends in voting. Obviously this is far from "perfect", but I think it's a good indicator of how often you can expect to see characters on For Glory because, let's face it, at this point in time until there's tournament data along with the WiiU version coming out soon, it's basically just a popularity contest. Still pretty interesting, though, even if you think tiers are just a lame excuse.

Posted Image

I've got one main in C, and one in E. I'll still use them anyway, though.

Posted Image

It surprises me to see that Toon Link is a D character and I'm pretty good with him. :/

Edited by Zeldablade7

Kirby on the bottom? Man, does anyone else remember in the original Smash Bros, when everyone chose Kirby because he was one of the best? 

Yeah, now he's back to the bottom like his Melee days. Also, i don't buy that Shulk's low mid tier honestly, his arts give him alot of meta game potential honestly. :

Well just remember guys that this is pretty much a popularity poll moreso than an official tiers list. Until there's more tournament data for specific character matchups and placements and the like, the only say here is literally "I don't use him so he sucks" for the time being until probably the WiiU version has been out for a couple of months. It's still a good list just in terms of how often you see characters on 1v1 For Glory, which to me this is pretty accurate. Like idk about you guys, but I see a whole lot of Yoshi and Diddy Kong users, but I hardly ever see Zelda or Donkey Kong. (which isn't to say that they're bad characters, I just encounter them maybe like 1% of the time)

Poor Metaknight once a god now a low.

Yeah it really sucks, but I do think there is a big positive with his placement. Now the only people who use him are those who truly liked using him in Brawl, over those who only used him because he was notoriously broken. Like I feel bad for Yoshi or Bowser users where their characters were so significantly buffed that they can be accused of being try-hards that only uses them because of their movesets and physics, and that's never a very nice feeling.

Edited by Jilly Shears

Posted Image

I doubt this is a finalized one,I believe a finalized tier list would appear when the Wii U version comes out

And even then I really don't follow tiers while maining a character heck I personally find Dr Mario to be billion times better than regular Mario 

Kirby on the bottom? Man, does anyone else remember in the original Smash Bros, when everyone chose Kirby because he was one of the best? 

Well I played Kirby in All games and in Smash 4 he's pretty good,not as good as he was in Brawl but still good enough to not be at the bottom

Well just remember guys that this is pretty much a popularity poll moreso than an official tiers list. Until there's more tournament data for specific character matchups and placements and the like, the only say here is literally "I don't use him so he sucks" for the time being until probably the WiiU version has been out for a couple of months. It's still a good list just in terms of how often you see characters on 1v1 For Glory, which to me this is pretty accurate. Like idk about you guys, but I see a whole lot of Yoshi and Diddy Kong users, but I hardly ever see Zelda or Donkey Kong. (which isn't to say that they're bad characters, I just encounter them maybe like 1% of the time)

Yeah it really sucks, but I do think there is a big positive with his placement. Now the only people who use him are those who truly liked using him in Brawl, over those who only used him because he was notoriously broken. Like I feel bad for Yoshi or Bowser users where their characters were so significantly buffed that they can be accused of being try-hards that only uses them because of their movesets and physics, and that's never a very nice feeling.

Eh I won't give a crap about that.Bowser is ma boy and that won't change even if people called me a try-hard

Has anyone found an effective way of playing Palutena? I've tried using her like Exdeath in Dissidia, since the combination of a physical and projectile counter seems to call for it, but her general move set seems a bit slow and hard to connect to the enemies.

Has anyone found an effective way of playing Palutena? I've tried using her like Exdeath in Dissidia, since the combination of a physical and projectile counter seems to call for it, but her general move set seems a bit slow and hard to connect to the enemies.

Palutena is very defensive and more effective in item matches than For Glory matches.

I began to get used to her and she can be decent at times but I wished her default moveset would've been better

She's really a defensive character and too slow to use a hyper offensive playstyle. You gotta wait for the enemies to come to you and react appropriately, but also mix things up so you aren't predictable.I feel bad for Palutena since her gimmick is really how amazing her custom moveset is, but obviously you can't even use them in For Glory in the first place. She's still a decent character, though, but yeah you just have to be more reactive than active.