Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hei

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the next Smash Bros will you get?

• 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Both
    • Neither

Because people won't stop mentioning it

Personally I don't believe in tiers.I mostly believe in skills as I've seen people using characters that are in E-tiers yet they still can kick ass with it

Heck I saw someone in a Melee tournament winning with a freakin Pichu

And another example not related to fighting games was in this year's Pokemon World Championship where this year's champion Se Jun used a freakin Pachirisu as his star Pokemon and emerged victorious

But the issue is that there are always characters that are just better than others because of their movesets and mechanics. Like there's no denying that Yoshi or Rosalina & Luma have amazing tools to use over other characters, but that's just the problem with having a game where there's such a diverse cast of characters with different gimmicks. The only way to rectify this would be if every character had the same hitbox, the same movesets, the same phyics, etc, and that would be a hell of a lot more boring.Obviously with that said, a "low tier" character can still beat a "better" one depending on the skill level of the people involved. It just depends, but some characters just take more effort to master, though it's still possible to overcome their disadvantages. Plus it helps that SSB4 does have a much more balanced cast list, like it's more of a case of characters being disadvantaged than objectively being "bad". 

Edited by Jilly Shears

But the issue is that there are always characters that are just better than others because of their movesets and mechanics. Like there's no denying that Yoshi or Rosalina & Luma have amazing tools to use over other characters, but that's just the problem with having a game where there's such a diverse cast of characters with different gimmicks. The only way to rectify this would be if every character had the same hitbox, the same movesets, the same phyics, etc, and that would be a hell of a lot more boring.Obviously with that said, a "low tier" character can still beat a "better" one depending on the skill level of the people involved. It just depends, but some characters just take more effort to master, though it's still possible to overcome their disadvantages. Plus it helps that SSB4 does have a much more balanced cast list, like it's more of a case of characters being disadvantaged than objectively being "bad". 

Sure there are character that are inheritly better than the others but that doesn't mean they don't have their own shortcomings that can be exploited for example Rosalina depends on the Luma in almost all of her attacks so if you played your cards right and managed to separate her from the Luma you can get the upper hand on her

Sure there are character that are inheritly better than the others but that doesn't mean they don't have their own shortcomings that can be exploited for example Rosalina depends on the Luma in almost all of her attacks so if you played your cards right and managed to separate her from the Luma you can get the upper hand on her

But the problem is actually getting a chance to shut down Luma. lol Like if you're up against a really good Rosalina that keeps the momentum going it's pretty much all over, same with Yoshi because of how fast his physics are. If you can't shut them down early it's pretty much gg.Every character has their shortcomings, yeah, but it's the difficulty in exploiting them that causes issues. Again, I don't think any character is necessarily broken like Meta Knight in Brawl was. There's just a couple that have significant advantages or buffs from previous games, but yeah they're not unbeatable.

But the problem is actually getting a chance to shut down Luma. lol Like if you're up against a really good Rosalina that keeps the momentum going it's pretty much all over, same with Yoshi because of how fast his physics are. If you can't shut them down early it's pretty much gg.Every character has their shortcomings, yeah, but it's the difficulty in exploiting them that causes issues. Again, I don't think any character is necessarily broken like Meta Knight in Brawl was. There's just a couple that have significant advantages or buffs from previous games, but yeah they're not unbeatable.

Well I managed to shut a couple of Yoshi's down....the hard one is Rosalina but it isn't impossible even against good players.

That's the nature of fighting games in general not just Smash.There will always be that high tier character that's hard to defeat no matter how balanced the game is or how many versions of said game were made to balance it

It's all a matter of if you can manage to keep your momentum going and don't lose your cool when the fight gets heated

Why're we talking tiers?

We're not talking tiers in the normal way, we're saying we don't care about them and we'll use who we want. People who treat tiers like they're sacred irritate me.

Honestly, the best way to battle people who take tiers seriously is the Villager. Not because he's better, but because he has that cocky little smile all the time, and it's like you're constantly mocking them.

That's why I love using Peach just because her side taunt is such a good tool to add to the saltiness. lol

I hate to ruin everybody's hype, but Nintendo just screwed up with this game:

http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-glitch-bans-players-for-136-years-1653934334?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

(And I'll throw this in for SM Koopa, because he and I like this guy)

The gist is that a glitch is going around on the 3DS version of the new Smash in which you are banned for playing the game for 136 years. That's right, 136 years. Nintendo has released some guidelines to avoid this issue and hopefully a patch will come through for the game. The reasons that Nintendo is stating to avoid the glitch, however, just makes them look bad. :/ You can't target a single person, you can't do multiplayer in general, just one on one, you can't use online at all (I don't know if that was meant to be a joke, but it's not really that funny to be honest) and you can't quit during a match. That last one sort of solves the rage quit problem, but still, you shouldn't be banned from the game for 100+ years for it. Sometimes it may not even your fault.

In short: Nintendo better fix this and I hope that this crap doesn't come to Wii U, the version of the game I'm going to be playing. In fact, I'm surprised in how Nintendo is handling it, because like I said, it's pretty shitty and kind of makes them look stupid. :/

No news of a patch or this issue being resolved has been posted, at least to my knowledge, but if somebody can prove me wrong, go ahead, I'd love to see it.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I hate to ruin everybody's hype, but Nintendo just screwed up with this game: http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-glitch-bans-players-for-136-years-1653934334?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow (And I'll throw this in for SM Koopa, because he and I like this guy)

The gist is that a glitch is going around on the 3DS version of the new Smash in which you are banned for playing the game for 136 years. That's right, 136 years. Nintendo has released some guidelines to avoid this issue and hopefully a patch will come through for the game. The reasons that Nintendo is stating to avoid the glitch, however, just makes them look bad. :/ You can't target a single person, you can't do multiplayer in general, just one on one, you can't use online at all (I don't know if that was meant to be a joke, but it's not really that funny to be honest) and you can't quit during a match. That last one sort of solves the rage quit problem, but still, you shouldn't be banned from the game for 100+ years for it. Sometimes it may not even your fault. In short: Nintendo better fix this and I hope that this crap doesn't come to Wii U, the version of the game I'm going to be playing. In fact, I'm surprised in how Nintendo is handling it, because like I said, it's pretty shitty and kind of makes them look stupid. :/ No news of a patch or this issue being resolved has been posted, at least to my knowledge, but if somebody can prove me wrong, go ahead, I'd love to see it.
Late.Nintendo's probably working on a patch, it takes time. Pokemon XY had a worse glitch, it was patched, and everyone's happy. This won't ruin the game. In fact, I heard it's incredibly rare. You're overreacting. :/

Link amiibo just confirmed to work with MK8. Basically expect this for Villager and other chsracters

I heard that Kirby, Samus, and Fox work, too. So freaking excited that Kirby will be in the game. That trade in the Rosalina Smash trailer got my hopes up, and now he's practically confirmed (It seems that way to me, at least)

Late.Nintendo's probably working on a patch, it takes time. Pokemon XY had a worse glitch, it was patched, and everyone's happy. This won't ruin the game. In fact, I heard it's incredibly rare. You're overreacting. :/

Yeah, I know I'm late, but I didn't find any other thread discussing this so BLEGH.

Also: please don't insult me by saying I'm overreacting. You saw the guidelines to avoiding the glitch, something is seriously wrong with this game. And I have every right to be mad because this type of shit shouldn't be happening. 136 years. If you got that ban, you'd be f*cking pissed too.

Yeah, I know I'm late, but I didn't find any other thread discussing this so BLEGH. Also: please don't insult me by saying I'm overreacting. You saw the guidelines to avoiding the glitch, something is seriously wrong with this game. And I have every right to be mad because this type of shit shouldn't be happening. 136 years. If you got that ban, you'd be f*cking pissed too.

And it will be fixed. There's no need to treat Nintendo like the root of all evil. As I said, Pokemon had a glitch that was far worse, and it was ironed out within a week. This will be no different.

And it will be fixed. There's no need to treat Nintendo like the root of all evil. As I said, Pokemon had a glitch that was far worse, and it was ironed out within a week. This will be no different.

I'm saying they're the root of all evil. In fact, there a lot of other companies I could pin point as the root of all evil, gaming wise.

But on point: my anger is pointed at the reasons behind this glitch, not the glitch itself. I know it is going to be fixed, because if it doesn't and if anybody that got banned because of it doesn't get unbanned, then Nintendo would look like a pile of shit. But what I don't know, or what I don't understand, is why people have to jump through hoops to avoid this glitch. Think about it: you can't do multiplayer, you can't quit during a match, you can't go online, and you can only use one on one.

If any other fighting game did this, people would be throwing their shit at the wall. I will not give Smash or Nintendo an excuse.

Don't you think it reflects on Nintendo how bad this glitch is? I think it does, I think somebody in the development team f*cked something up. This just isn't something that should happen. Ever. Glitches like character models screwing up or the game freezing are minor, but this type of glitch is baffling to me. And it really suggests that Nintendo needs to re-evalute some things, especially if they've made this kind of mistake before and also if this kind of thing comes to Wii U, which I hope it won't because I'd expect Nintendo not to make the same mistake twice.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

I heard that Kirby, Samus, and Fox work, too. So freaking excited that Kirby will be in the game. That trade in the Rosalina Smash trailer got my hopes up, and now he's practically confirmed (It seems that way to me, at least)

(This is still a joke right? : 3)

Yeah, i'm so stoked for that, it's gonna be amaziiiiiiiiing. Fox better be in an Arwing Kart.

(This is still a joke right? : 3) Yeah, i'm so stoked for that, it's gonna be amaziiiiiiiiing. Fox better be in an Arwing Kart.

Nope, 100% serious. They're coming to MK8, at least as Amiibo. I bet all will be playable.Also, I'm on mobile, so a response to Firaga's post will have to wait until I can use a keyboard.

Yeah, I know I'm late, but I didn't find any other thread discussing this so BLEGH.

Also: please don't insult me by saying I'm overreacting. You saw the guidelines to avoiding the glitch, something is seriously wrong with this game. And I have every right to be mad because this type of shit shouldn't be happening. 136 years. If you got that ban, you'd be f*cking pissed too.

If you don't want the ban then don't target a player in 4 player multiplayer. Simple. Don't want it, don't do it.

I'm saying they're the root of all evil. In fact, there a lot of other companies I could pin point as the root of all evil, gaming wise.

But on point: my anger is pointed at the reasons behind this glitch, not the glitch itself. I know it is going to be fixed, because if it doesn't and if anybody that got banned because of it doesn't get unbanned, then Nintendo would look like a pile of shit. But what I don't know, or what I don't understand, is why people have to jump through hoops to avoid this glitch. Think about it: you can't do multiplayer, you can't quit during a match, you can't go online, and you can only use one on one.

If any other fighting game did this, people would be throwing their shit at the wall. I will not give Smash or Nintendo an excuse.

Don't you think it reflects on Nintendo how bad this glitch is? I think it does, I think somebody in the development team f*cked something up. This just isn't something that should happen. Ever. Glitches like character models screwing up or the game freezing are minor, but this type of glitch is baffling to me. And it really suggests that Nintendo needs to re-evalute some things, especially if they've made this kind of mistake before and also if this kind of thing comes to Wii U, which I hope it won't because I'd expect Nintendo not to make the same mistake twice.

Dude, they fixed a big issue with Peach early on so I doubt they're not going to ignore this one. Most likely this is just an overflow problem with the ban time limit counter, it's probably something simple Nintendo will fix and distribute soon. Glitches happen all the time, like you can't fault human error when it comes to coding. Yeah Nintendo has bans for targetting the same people online or disconnecting, but they're supposed to last 10 minutes and not literally a lifetime and a half. Just calm down, there'll be a patch uploaded soon.Besides, it's just a game. People are acting like this is on the level of taking your first born child, but it's really not a big deal. Pokemon XY had a nastier glitch and that wasn't even Nintendo's fault because Game Freak sucks at programming. You just have to avoid using a feature for a couple of days or so, big whoop.

If you don't want the ban then don't target a player in 4 player multiplayer. Simple. Don't want it, don't do it.

Are you serious? It's a fighting game, Kihara. A fighting game that allows up to four players in battle. So what if you get targeted by one single guy? Too bad! Beat that guy and move on with the match! There's no ands, ifs, or buts about it. You can't just restrict people like that, especially if you run into one those assholes online that just spends his time ruining the match for everybody else. He's the first guy to be gone.

Are you serious? It's a fighting game, Kihara. A fighting game that allows up to four players in battle. So what if you get targeted by one single guy? Too bad! Beat that guy and move on with the match! There's no ands, ifs, or buts about it. You can't just restrict people like that, especially if you run into one those assholes online that just spends his time ruining the match for everybody else. He's the first guy to be gone.

Have you even seen the matches? Everyone has infinite lives until the timer ends. Even if you got rid of them, they'll still come back as per the usual timed matches. Plus, IF IT'S GONNA BE DETRIMENTAL, THEN DON'T DO IT PERIOD. You're just over-exaggerating at this point. Honestly, just calm down.

Edited by AT-LOW Kihara

Just calm down, there'll be a patch uploaded soon.

Don't tell me to calm down, I'm perfectly calm. 

As for your other reasonings: I already know there is a patch coming, I know it will be fixed, but something like this just seems too out-of-left field for it to happen. Maybe you people are used to this because you've seen it before, but I'm not. And I don't think Nintendo should just get a slap on the wrist for it if it ends up turning into something worse.

Have you even seen the matches? Everyone has infinite lives until the timer ends. Even if you got rid of them, they'll still come back as per the usual timed matches. Plus, IF IT'S GONNA BE DETRIMENTAL, THEN DON'T DO IT PERIOD. You're just over-exaggerating at this point. Honestly, just calm down.

Once again, perfectly calm, just assessing my stance.

Second: what type of match doesn't affect this argument. The point is: people shouldn't be banned because of this targeting reason. It's a fighting game, these types of things can happen, especially with multiplayer. If you're attacked by the same guy over and over in any other game, like a shooter, does he get banned? No, you pick up your shit and do the same to him back until he stops. It sucks, but its reality. This hand holding attitude doesn't fly with me.