Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hei

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the next Smash Bros will you get?

• 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Both
    • Neither

It has nothing to do with the 3DS version. 

... yes it does. They had too simplify elements to make smash work on the 3ds. like no Ice Climbers, no transofrmations. So the Wii U took that limitation and ran with it by allowing 8 players (which certainly would not be possible with Ice Climbers, transformations and such)

I found this "Interesting" video, said to be "Demonstrating" DLC in the game. I'd take it with a grain of salt, it may be fake, but I'd like to your opinions.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg

Description from said video: This DLC demo was released to just a few people (IGN employees?), and I managed to get one of the codes from a worker who seemed to think this was just a regular demo code.

Demo Icon on 3ds: http://i.imgur.com/tSh9InT.png

My screen was recently damaged, so some areas, typically the corners, have white instead of the normal COLORATIONPosted Image. I didn't notice any of that in this video though. If anyone has had a similar experience, please let me know.

Most of the DLC characters seem fairly out of place...I'm guessing this is just a beta setup though.

EDIT: Wow, forgot about my capture card and used my old digital camera, lol. I was pretty hyped

Title screen: http://i.imgur.com/jAwensy.png notably version 2.0.2 

Nintendo, I'm sorry.

looks really fake

Wolf's face is tiny compared to the zoomed in shots of the other icons

I know I said I won't post but I couldn't allow this to pass without saying anything

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/sakurai-ive-passed-my-limit-for-developing-super-smash-bros#.VFKwcFdw6eF

And this is pretty much why I despise the Smash Bros fanbase(not you guys,the other part I mean)

Sakurai literally overworks himself to death while making these games to assure it's a stellar experience that we're gonna play for years.64,Melee,Brawl heck I'll count Kid Icarus Uprising with this,and Smash 4.All of those are amazing games yet aaaaaaall I'm seeing around the internet is this

"SAKURAI YOU'RE A HACK WHERE IS ICE CLIMBERS"

"F** YOU SAKURAI GIVE US LUCAS BACK"

"DIE SAKURAI I WANT MEWTWO"

"YOUR GAME SUCK PROJECT M IS BETTER"

And more disgusting bullshit that I see every single day on Twitter,Facebook and youtube that I'm surprised the dude didn't commit suicide after all of this

You can only stretch the whole "corporates are evil" for only so long cuz it doesn't apply to the people who make the game and work extra hours that they could've spent with their families

DEVELOPERS ARE firetruckING HUMANS,THEY HAVE LIVES,FAMILIES AND LOVED ONES THEY CARE FOR.THEY'RE NOT firetruckING VENDING MACHINES THAT SHOOT OUT GAMES FOR YOU WHENEVER YOU SHOW THE DOLLAR SIGN,THEY'RE NOT SLAVES

A mistake that someone like Iwata would make shouldn't apply to the people who work behind the scenes

Look I can give two shits about how good Project M is....it's still a mod.A mod of an already made game that was developed by Sakurai....how's their modding better than Sakurai's creation when they're modding what he essentially made

I challenge those people to make a game from scratch,program all the modes,create a character out of the blue and give a new moveset,do all the bug testing,make sure the game isn't glitched....etc and all other shit that people think is easy

Just because of the MeleeProject M worshippers alone that I despise Project M to death and refuse to even attempt to download it.Jeez this fanbase infuriates me

I found this "Interesting" video, said to be "Demonstrating" DLC in the game. I'd take it with a grain of salt, it may be fake, but I'd like to your opinions.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFNhYHPAhhg

Description from said video: This DLC demo was released to just a few people (IGN employees?), and I managed to get one of the codes from a worker who seemed to think this was just a regular demo code.

Demo Icon on 3ds: http://i.imgur.com/tSh9InT.png

My screen was recently damaged, so some areas, typically the corners, have white instead of the normal COLORATIONPosted Image. I didn't notice any of that in this video though. If anyone has had a similar experience, please let me know.

Most of the DLC characters seem fairly out of place...I'm guessing this is just a beta setup though.

EDIT: Wow, forgot about my capture card and used my old digital camera, lol. I was pretty hyped

Title screen: http://i.imgur.com/jAwensy.png notably version 2.0.2 

Nintendo, I'm sorry.

Yeah, looks fake. The Wolf and Issac (i think its Issac from golden sun anyway) icons look entiiiiiiiirely fake TBH, an official render would look more like the others. Besides, if Wolf's back, there's no reason Lucas wouldn't be either, he has a fanbase as much as Wolf does. Plus they're more in less in the same situation.

Looks pretttty fake. those "new" icons are nothing like the other ones. 

Agreed.

Yeah, looks fake. The Wolf and Issac (i think its Issac from golden sun anyway) icons look entiiiiiiiirely fake TBH, an official render would look more like the others. Besides, if Wolf's back, there's no reason Lucas wouldn't be either, he has a fanbase as much as Wolf does. Plus they're more in less in the same situation.

Agreed.

worth noting that Ness already got Lucas' special moves though

worth noting that Ness already got Lucas' special moves though

Because that's definitely the only thing that Lucas had separately from Ness.

They could give him a new moveset, anyway. There's a lot to draw from when it comes to Mother.

Because that's definitely the only thing that Lucas had separately from Ness.

They could give him a new moveset, anyway. There's a lot to draw from when it comes to Mother.

they won't though. for the same reason they won't give Ganondorf a new moveset

the people who play as Ganondorf want a slow captain falcon

the people who want lucas for gameplay reasons want Lucas' moves

and I view giving Ness his special moves as a sign that he's not coming back

He's working on Smahs Bros, he knows what he's getting into, and doesn't need you defending him on a random forum

I'm just voicing my opinion not necessarily defending him heck  he doesn't even know that I exist

I just voice my opinion on the matter so what's exactly your problem here?

I didn't mean to defend him as a person I'm just talking about the comments I see everywhere on the internet alright?

It doesn't have to be Nomura in order for this to be relevant.Telling a game director to die just because one character didn't make it in is stupid

I'm just voicing my opinion not necessarily defending him heck  he doesn't even know that I exist

I just voice my opinion on the matter so what's exactly your problem here?

I didn't mean to defend him as a person I'm just talking about the comments I see everywhere on the internet alright?

It doesn't have to be Nomura in order for this to be relevant.Telling a game director to die just because one character didn't make it in is stupid

if you're just sharing your opinion, then I'm just sharing mine

if you're just sharing your opinion, then I'm just sharing mine

Umm if it was your opinion then what's the need to accuse me of defending him......and why exactly I'm continuing this when I know it's gonna get stretched into 4 pages of discussions?

they won't though. for the same reason they won't give Ganondorf a new movesetthe people who play as Ganondorf want a slow captain falconthe people who want lucas for gameplay reasons want Lucas' movesand I view giving Ness his special moves as a sign that he's not coming back

Sure, just like they didn't give Sheik, Pit, and ZSS different moves. They won't entirely change his moveset, that doesn't mean they won't change a few things about it. Besides, Lucas has more different things from Ness than just his Specials you know. His Smash attacks, tilts and aerials sure as hell aren't exactly the same. At least he has more things different from Ness than Wolf does from Fox/Falco.

Edited by Reyn

And there is DLC so it's possible for them to come back

inb4 *grrr they're behind a paywall grrr* I don't get what's bad about this

Mewtwo was never supposed to be in Smash 4 to begin with heck he even has an in-game trophy but they decided to bring him back anyway because of fan requests

Characters like Rolento,Poison,Elena and Hugo were never supposed to be in Street Fighter 4 yet they were brought back in Ultra Street Fighter 4 as part of the next version....same with some of Mortal Kombat 9's DLC that included old characters that originally were never supposed to be in the game like Kenchi 

And just a note to those who bitch about paywall when it's just most likely 2.99$....Just because you're negative doesn't mean you're always right

There's no way that Mewtwo wasn't intended to come back in Smash 4, they almost certainly had plans in advance

Having a trophy really doesn't mean anything

stop acting like Nintendo is doing you a favour by 'letting' you buy stuff from them

Sure, just like they didn't give Sheik, Pit, and ZSS different moves. They won't entirely change his moveset, that doesn't mean they won't change a few things about it. Besides, Lucas has more different things from Ness than just his Specials you know. His Smash attacks, tilts and aerials sure as hell aren't exactly the same. At least he has more things different from Ness than Wolf does from Fox/Falco.

They modified the moves. It's not he same as changing a moveset. all of those characters still function basically the same way, they just have changes made. I'd disagree on him being more different than Wolf is to Fox, honestly, but that's splitting hairs

on that note, apparently Fox has Wolf's special moves. So again, I view this as symbolic of the character not returning

There's no way that Mewtwo wasn't intended to come back in Smash 4, they almost certainly had plans in advance

stop acting like Nintendo is doing you a favour by 'letting' you buy stuff from them

They modified the moves. It's not he same as changing a moveset. all of those characters still function basically the same way, they just have changes made. I'd disagree on him being more different than Wolf is to Fox, honestly, but that's splitting hairs

on that note, apparently Fox has Wolf's special moves. So again, I view this as symbolic of the character not returning

Well still, they obviously had more effort put into their development than normal clones would. There's a reason that Lucas is a Project M top tier, and Ness isn't you know. Plus, they have fan bases anyway, and frankly Starfox and Mother could use the extra rep., i mean, if Kid Icarus can get 3 reps. with only 3 games in the series, at the very least, Starfox should have 3, and Mother should have 2, seriously. Not to mention it'd help better promote Earthbound VC and Starfox Wii U. Plus, why wouldn't they bring them back? Sakurai never wanted to cut them to begin with, he just had to due to time constraints, i mean hackers found Snake, Wolf and Lucas's name in the directory for the game, so he obviously planned to add them in.

Edited by Reyn

When did I exactly act like Nintendo is doing me a favor?If anything I'm doing them a favor by giving them money when they give me something I want

If you didn;t now Brawl did also have leftover data for Mewtwo inside the game and it was uncovered through hacking yet Mewtwo  didn't make it to Brawl.

There is really no need to be super negative about this when 

1it's optional as you can totally not buy it

And 2it really won't cost that much heck I can buy some candies with the price I would pay for one character

Being negative doesn't necessarily make you look smart or a pro critic

How about getting upset over stuff that's actually bad instead of nitpicking every single miniscule thing and say"You're a Nintendo fanboy if you don't agree with me"

If anything this sounds hypocritical  since if Nomura announced that in Kingdom Hearts 3 you will buy a DLC character you're gonna be jumping over that and praise Nomura from the heavens for giving you a DLC that makes Sora look like Xehanort for 5$ bucks

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

Alright guys, alright let's keep this peaceful.

Sakurai's passion for this game is pretty crazy, and I agree that the demanding fanbase is part of a reason for the constant stress he has and the perfectionism he wants to achieve. Reality is, though, either way so long as there's Classic mode, Online matches, and at least 2  or 3 others, we're gonna pour our money into the game. Because Smash fans have high expectations, and they become disappointed when they're favorites get dropped.

I don't know about the leak. Seems like some characters are out of place.

For those who like Stage Builder what stages will you want to achieve? And please, no "hur hur penis hur hur"

I'll make...

-Tilted Battlefield

-Lava Flows (Danger zones below platforms)

-Barrel Cannon Cove (Several pitfalls below, encased box area, some danger zones)

And many more. 

Let's get the thread back on track, shall we?

It's been confirmed that the Wii U version of Smash Bros will be the first Nintendo game to work with the pre-download service. For everyone who plans on downloading the game, this should be great news.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/pre_download_service_to_kick_off_with_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u

Let's get the thread back on track, shall we?

It's been confirmed that the Wii U version of Smash Bros will be the first Nintendo game to work with the pre-download service. For everyone who plans on downloading the game, this should be great news.

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/pre_download_service_to_kick_off_with_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u

That's actually pretty cool. But I'm expecting the Wii U version to be huge in size, considering the 3DS version takes up more than half of the standard SD card you get with it.

Let's get the thread back on track, shall we?It's been confirmed that the Wii U version of Smash Bros will be the first Nintendo game to work with the pre-download service. For everyone who plans on downloading the game, this should be great news.Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/pre_download_service_to_kick_off_with_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u

I'd just ignore it. I'm still waiting for the deletion, since that's been so working...Too bad for me I go retail, so the service has no use to me. Maybe if it works for eshop games. Great for those who download often.