Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hei

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the next Smash Bros will you get?

• 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Both
    • Neither

My circle pad fell off while playing :D 10/10 GOTY. Better get the superglue.

Posted Image

Smash strikes again!

I think it's more of an issue of how long the person has the 3DS, and what types of games they play. I've had mine for a year, and KH3D was the most intense game I had before Smash, and mine's fine. I also noticed that it's typically the blue 3DS that has these issues.

Smash strikes again!

I think it's more of an issue of how long the person has the 3DS, and what types of games they play. I've had mine for a year, and KH3D was the most intense game I had before Smash, and mine's fine. I also noticed that it's typically the blue 3DS that has these issues.

My 3DS is a launch one and like that KH3D was the only time my circle pad felt like it was going to come off in the past. Nevermind I guess things like this happen, I'll just have to fix it :P

My 3DS is a launch one and like that KH3D was the only time my circle pad felt like it was going to come off in the past. Nevermind I guess things like this happen, I'll just have to fix it :P

I'm guessing it's the fact that it's a launch 3DS that led to this. Most of the cases I've seen involved people who got a 3DS at launch, or within a year of launch. Since it also seems to typically be the blue 3DS that has this issue, I wonder if that's a coincidence, or if the newer models have sturdier circle pads?

I'm guessing it's the fact that it's a launch 3DS that led to this. Most of the cases I've seen involved people who got a 3DS at launch, or within a year of launch. Since it also seems to typically be the blue 3DS that has this issue, I wonder if that's a coincidence, or if the newer models have sturdier circle pads?

I do wonder that. It could be the older models tbh. I certainly haven't seen any issues with the XLs (or even the 2DS), the XLs seems to have a smaller more sturdy circle pad though from my own experience any ways.

I do wonder that. It could be the older models tbh. I certainly haven't seen any issues with the XLs (or even the 2DS), the XLs seems to have a smaller more sturdy circle pad though from my own experience any ways.

Yeah. I vaguely remember hearing about some XLs having this issue, but I'm not 100% sure. I definitely haven't heard about issues with the 2DS. Even my red 3DS is perfectly fine still (The circle pad's a bit looser, but doesn't feel like it's going to fall off any time soon).

Yeah. I vaguely remember hearing about some XLs having this issue, but I'm not 100% sure. I definitely haven't heard about issues with the 2DS. Even my red 3DS is perfectly fine still (The circle pad's a bit looser, but doesn't feel like it's going to fall off any time soon).

Unluckily for me, i got my Blue 3DS after the price dropped to 169.99 in 2011 for Christmas, and ive played Uprising and KH3D alot. So, needless to say, im worried. Lately, my bad feels a bit looser, and if i slide it slightly, it slide a bit without it registering as me moving the circle pad. Also, last night, my circle pad seems to feel...a bit less smoother when i use it. LIke it doesn't glide as smooth as it used to. I'm kind of considering just selling my old 3DS(keeping SD Card though) for like $120 on amazon or something, and just getting the New one or an XL(probably new one though). Im pretty sure once the circle pad comes off, i won't be able to get it back on and i probably can't sell it.

Old news buddy

I think the real thing Sakurai's ignoring about this is that alot of the people mad about Dark Pit is because he's obviously playing favorites with Kid Icarus, not just because he's a clone. Plus, other people are mad about the clones in general because he put the time to bring them into Smash(i dont even know anyoooooooooone who wanted Dr. Mario in over Mewtwo or Roy) when he couldve spent the time putting in characters with more original movesets that people wanted not to get cut. Not that Sakurai will ever address that.

Also, for anyone who cares, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are on the Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret05.html

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret04.html

Witness the clones IN HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH DEFINIIITIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. (kudos to anyone who gets that reference, i only know one person who goes on this thread who probably will)

Unluckily for me, i got my Blue 3DS after the price dropped to 169.99 in 2011 for Christmas, and ive played Uprising and KH3D alot. So, needless to say, im worried. Lately, my bad feels a bit looser, and if i slide it slightly, it slide a bit without it registering as me moving the circle pad. Also, last night, my circle pad seems to feel...a bit less smoother when i use it. LIke it doesn't glide as smooth as it used to. I'm kind of considering just selling my old 3DS(keeping SD Card though) for like $120 on amazon or something, and just getting the New one or an XL(probably new one though). Im pretty sure once the circle pad comes off, i won't be able to get it back on and i probably can't sell it.

I think the real thing Sakurai's ignoring about this is that alot of the people mad about Dark Pit is because he's obviously playing favorites with Kid Icarus, not just because he's a clone. Plus, other people are mad about the clones in general because he put the time to bring them into Smash(i dont even know anyoooooooooone who wanted Dr. Mario in over Mewtwo or Roy) when he couldve spent the time putting in characters with more original movesets that people wanted not to get cut. Not that Sakurai will ever address that.

Also, for anyone who cares, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are on the Site: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/secret05.html

Witness the clones IN HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH DEFINIIITIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. (kudos to anyone who gets that reference, i only know one person who goes on this thread who probably will)

I'd suggest waiting to sell the 3DS until you get a new one, since you'd need both to do a system transfer. It sucks that yours isn't doing so well, though... My brother's has also been having issues with registering some right movements (He has difficulty dodging to the right, mostly), and he got his probably around the same time you did. It really sucks that most people I know got their 3DS around launch, and they're starting to screw up now.

Also, I still stand by the belief that Dr. Mario was a last minute character to fill Ice Climbers' spot. He was just an easy reskin for them to add in. :/

I know a lot of people who liked Dr Mario so don't generalize it

Also Roy is just like Marth except for the neutral B and I honestly love Lucina as a character more than Roy

Also putting them takes no time and it's just more characters they didn't take anyone else's slots and I don't know how you know that he won't address it as I don't know the future despite that the possibility of DLC is there.

Also that reference might be from TrailerDrake who works for GameTheory right?

I know a lot of people who liked Dr Mario so don't generalize it

Also Roy is just like Marth except for the neutral B and I honestly love Lucina as a character more than Roy

Also putting them takes no time and it's just more characters they didn't take anyone else's slots and I don't know how you know that he won't address it as I don't know the future despite that the possibility of DLC is there.

Also that reference might be from TrailerDrake who works for GameTheory right?

Well still, it looked to me like the majority demand out of Melee chars. returning was for Roy and Mewtwo. I hardly see anyone wanting Dr. Mario or Pichu back TBH.

True, Lucina's basically the new Roy. The people has less reason to whine about that now.

Well i mean, i really doubt he'll address the favoritism he was giving Kid Icarus in Smash, do you think he'd talk about something like that? I really doubt it, especially considering its his game. I'm not saying it took anyone else's slot, im just saying the time they spent on making the clones couldve been spent on bringing back original characters instead. But there is always DLC.

Nah, its something else. I'll give you a hint, has to do with SK. : 3

Well still, it looked to me like the majority demand out of Melee chars. returning was for Roy and Mewtwo. I hardly see anyone wanting Dr. Mario or Pichu back TBH.

True, Lucina's basically the new Roy. The people has less reason to whine about that now.

Well i mean, i really doubt he'll address the favoritism he was giving Kid Icarus in Smash, do you think he'd talk about something like that? I really doubt it, especially considering its his game. I'm not saying it took anyone else's slot, im just saying the time they spent on making the clones couldve been spent on bringing back original characters instead. But there is always DLC.

To be perfectly honest, as long as they got rid of his stupid recoil damage gimmick, I'd gladly have Pichu return. There's something I really like about the guy. Of course, Pikachu wins thanks to a certain alternate hat he has...

Really it's just a theory at this point regarding favoratism.If he ever had it he would've favored Kirby his own creation and baby and would've put Waddle Dees and Knuckle Joe as characters over things like Shulk....anyway I'm sure DLC will happen even if Sakurai didn't mention it or wanted...the game has the potential to get the best set of DLC a fighting game can have

As for the reference.........is that from a Smash King episode or in a side video that Tigura did?

Really it's just a theory at this point regarding favoratism.If he ever had it he would've favored Kirby his own creation and baby and would've put Waddle Dees and Knuckle Joe as characters over things like Shulk....anyway I'm sure DLC will happen even if Sakurai didn't mention it or wanted...the game has the potential to get the best set of DLC a fighting game can have

As for the reference.........is that from a Smash King episode or in a side video that Tigura did?

Eh, true enough then. I'm just really hoping the DLC isn't just all about stages and that they do add back characters who got cut though. I know alot of people who would be upset if the DLC was just only about Stages.

SK episode, although it's not really a line/quote said by any of the characters, its more of an opening kind of thing(and i dont mean the opening animation).

Edited by Reyn

Eh, true enough then. I'm just really hoping the DLC isn't just all about stages and that they do add back characters who got cut though. I know alot of people who would be upset if the DLC was just only about Stages.

SK episode, although it's not really a line/quote said by any of the characters, its more of an opening kind of thing(and i dont mean the opening animation).

I want some new characters, too. I'm still wondering why the heck Reyn didn't get in the game at all (Unless there's a trophy I haven't found yet), and some other newcomers would definitely be welcome. I'm happy with the current roster, but there are obviously some other characters I'd like to see join in.

Man I'm missing Smash King already,it's been a while since the last episode

I want some new characters, too. I'm still wondering why the heck Reyn didn't get in the game at all (Unless there's a trophy I haven't found yet), and some other newcomers would definitely be welcome. I'm happy with the current roster, but there are obviously some other characters I'd like to see join in.

Yeah, i think there's literally only 4 Xenoblade Trophies as sad as it is. Basically, Shulk, Shulk (Alt.) that you get from All Star mode, Riki and Dunban and that's it. I could see why they might leave out Fiora, but i figured they'd at least add in the rest of Shulks' party members(Like Reyn, Sharla, Melia). : I hope im wrong, but I dont know yet.

And yeah, some newcomers would be nice, but i think it's a bit more likely that we'll get veterans for characters if we get DLC. I'd be happy with both though, definitely. Besides, i think Snake could get back in along with say Lucas and Wolf, Kojima said in a stream he was fine with Sakurai putting him in.

Man I'm missing Smash King already,it's been a while since the last episode

Yeah, it's been too long. Tigura did say in an update that he's working on it, its just been tedious cause most of the episode is literally dialogue until the end, and its supposed to be longer than Ep. 13 if you can believe it.

Yeah, i think there's literally only 4 Xenoblade Trophies as sad as it is. Basically, Shulk, Shulk (Alt.) that you get from All Star mode, Riki and Dunban and that's it. I could see why they might leave out Fiora, but i figured they'd at least add in the rest of Shulks' party members(Like Reyn, Sharla, Melia). : I hope im wrong, but I dont know yet.

And yeah, some newcomers would be nice, but i think it's a bit more likely that we'll get veterans for characters if we get DLC. I'd be happy with both though, definitely. Besides, i think Snake could get back in along with say Lucas and Wolf, Kojima said in a stream he was fine with Sakurai putting him in.

Yeah, it's been too long. Tigura did say in an update that he's working on it, its just been tedious cause most of the episode is literally dialogue until the end, and its supposed to be longer than Ep. 13 if you can believe it.

I was also really hoping we'd get Mechon as enemies in Smash Run. That would have been really cool, but instead, Sakurai loaded it with mostly Kid Icarus enemies... although I'm surprised we got two Mother enemies, and not a single one from Xenoblade. Neither one is really popular with the typical Nintendo fan, but you and I both know which one is the more popular of the two. I found that really surprising.

Yeah, I think Snake, Lucas, and Wolf can all get back in through DLC. Still hoping for Mewtwo along with them, but I won't get my hopes up.

I was also really hoping we'd get Mechon as enemies in Smash Run. That would have been really cool, but instead, Sakurai loaded it with mostly Kid Icarus enemies... although I'm surprised we got two Mother enemies, and not a single one from Xenoblade. Neither one is really popular with the typical Nintendo fan, but you and I both know which one is the more popular of the two. I found that really surprising.

Yeah, I think Snake, Lucas, and Wolf can all get back in through DLC. Still hoping for Mewtwo along with them, but I won't get my hopes up.

Yeah, alot of them are mostly Mario and Kid Icarus enemies for the most part(im surprised we didnt see any Subspace Emissary enemies TBH). And to be fair, its Mother 25th anniversary so they gave it alot of fanservice(that's another thing im surprised on, they put alot of effort to give Mother good treatment, but they couldn't find the time to bring back the only other Representative it'll probably ever get at this point, since we're not getting a legit. Mother 4), but i guess for Sakurai the Xenoblade fanservice in his eyes that was needed was just Shulk getting in period.

Although, to be fair, even if Xenoblade is more popular, Mother has more games and an older history with Nintendo(even though Xenoblade definitely has alot to draw from, maybe more than Mother), and Xenoblade only has one game in the franchise so far. Maybe when the franchise becomes larger and we get more games it'll get more representation.

Yeah, alot of them are mostly Mario and Kid Icarus enemies for the most part(im surprised we didnt see any Subspace Emissary enemies TBH). And to be fair, its Mother 25th anniversary so they gave it alot of fanservice(that's another thing im surprised on, they put alot of effort to give Mother good treatment, but they couldn't find the time to bring back the only other Representative it'll probably ever get at this point, since we're not getting a legit. Mother 4), but i guess for Sakurai the Xenoblade fanservice in his eyes that was needed was just Shulk getting in period.

Although, to be fair, even if Xenoblade is more popular, Mother has more games and an older history with Nintendo(even though Xenoblade definitely has alot to draw from, maybe more than Mother), and Xenoblade only has one game in the franchise so far. Maybe when the franchise becomes larger and we get more games it'll get more representation.

There were actually a decent amount of SSE enemies. The Mites, Portals, and Roturrets all come to mind. I guess the anniversary excuse works. I'm also surprised that with all of the Mother fanservice, they didn't even make a Ninten costume for Ness, let alone bring back Lucas or add a new Mother rep.

Yeah, that's true. I hope that Xenoblade gets more representation in the future, since I feel like it has a lot they could use in Smash Bros. I also want Mother to get more representation, of course. I'm such a nerd when it comes to Nintendo's lesser known RPGs...

There were actually a decent amount of SSE enemies. The Mites, Portals, and Roturrets all come to mind. I guess the anniversary excuse works. I'm also surprised that with all of the Mother fanservice, they didn't even make a Ninten costume for Ness, let alone bring back Lucas or add a new Mother rep.

Yeah, that's true. I hope that Xenoblade gets more representation in the future, since I feel like it has a lot they could use in Smash Bros. I also want Mother to get more representation, of course. I'm such a nerd when it comes to Nintendo's lesser known RPGs...

Oh, i forgot about those. I figured i was expecting more of those robot things whose names i can't remember. Yeah, same here, but i guess they didn't want to hammer in the point that Ninten looks too similar to Ness though, and then people would whine about how he's not a clone or whatever when we got Lucina. Although that would make things worse TBH. I wasn't expecting a new Mother rep., this was basically the last chance for a Mother newcomer unless we get lucky and an official M4 gets made, but now we're back to Square 1 again with tht. :

Yeah, i mean, when Fire Emblem was introduced in Melee, it didnt have much representation, literally just Marth and Roy and a few trophies. I'm pretty sure once Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out and if it becomes popular, Shulk will basically become the Xenoblade poster boy in Smash like how Marth did in Melee. So, i think it'll be better represented in Smash 5, whenever we get that in 5 years or so.

Oh, i forgot about those. I figured i was expecting more of those robot things whose names i can't remember. Yeah, same here, but i guess they didn't want to hammer in the point that Ninten looks too similar to Ness though, and then people would whine about how he's not a clone or whatever when we got Lucina. Although that would make things worse TBH. I wasn't expecting a new Mother rep., this was basically the last chance for a Mother newcomer unless we get lucky and an official M4 gets made, but now we're back to Square 1 again with tht. :

Yeah, i mean, when Fire Emblem was introduced in Melee, it didnt have much representation, literally just Marth and Roy and a few trophies. I'm pretty sure once Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out and if it becomes popular, Shulk will basically become the Xenoblade poster boy in Smash like how Marth did in Melee. So, i think it'll be better represented in Smash 5, whenever we get that in 5 years or so.

The Primids? Now that I think about that, it is weird that they weren't in the game... As for Ninten, I figured he'd be similar to Alph, and just be a costume for Ness. I wasn't really expecting a newcomer either, considering it's a dead franchise at this point, but I still kind of hoped we'd get something more than Ness. Even though I prefer Ness' playstyle, I'm still a little disappointed Lucas got cut.

That's true. although, if I remember correctly, Fire Emblem didn't become popular outside Japan until recently. We could still possibly get at least one new character in Smash 5 if Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't really take off with the general fanbase (Although I really hope it does, since more people need to know just how amazing Xenoblade is).

The Primids? Now that I think about that, it is weird that they weren't in the game... As for Ninten, I figured he'd be similar to Alph, and just be a costume for Ness. I wasn't really expecting a newcomer either, considering it's a dead franchise at this point, but I still kind of hoped we'd get something more than Ness. Even though I prefer Ness' playstyle, I'm still a little disappointed Lucas got cut.

That's true. although, if I remember correctly, Fire Emblem didn't become popular outside Japan until recently. We could still possibly get at least one new character in Smash 5 if Xenoblade Chronicles X doesn't really take off with the general fanbase (Although I really hope it does, since more people need to know just how amazing Xenoblade is).

Yeah, i figured they'd be in of all SSE enemies. And yeah, since it's dead, i was hoping we'd get Lucas back at the very least.

Fair enough, it was actually dying before Awakening TBH. They even said if Awakening had bombed, it would've been the last FE game made and the series would've ended(and it would be a dead franchise like Mother). Luckily, that didn't happen, but yeah, at the time it was way more obscure. It would be nice to get a new Xenoblade Chronicles X Rep., although i doubt it'll be the Avatar, since he doesn't have a default Name/Appearence like Robin does, maybe it'll be that White Haired chick or something? I don't know. :

Yeah, i figured they'd be in of all SSE enemies. And yeah, since it's dead, i was hoping we'd get Lucas back at the very least.

Fair enough, it was actually dying before Awakening TBH. They even said if Awakening had bombed, it would've been the last FE game made and the series would've ended(and it would be a dead franchise like Mother). Luckily, that didn't happen, but yeah, at the time it was way more obscure. It would be nice to get a new Xenoblade Chronicles X Rep., although i doubt it'll be the Avatar, since he doesn't have a default Name/Appearence like Robin does, maybe it'll be that White Haired chick or something? I don't know. :

I remember we were talking about this before, actually. I think if we get one, it's going to be Elma (the white haired chick). She seems to be the most important party member. Of course, we don't know for sure. A villain would also be cool (There's one from Xenoblade that would be really cool, but a massive spoiler).

I'd suggest waiting to sell the 3DS until you get a new one, since you'd need both to do a system transfer. It sucks that yours isn't doing so well, though... My brother's has also been having issues with registering some right movements (He has difficulty dodging to the right, mostly), and he got his probably around the same time you did. It really sucks that most people I know got their 3DS around launch, and they're starting to screw up now.

Mine was a bit looser before I got Smash and in the end it fell off after around 25hrs of gameplay (though not all in matches). I played for a bit without the grip on though and honestly, it felt a little weird but it was still playable. I was going to upgrade any ways but I'm wondering if I want to risk playing Smash on the new 3DS if the same thing is going to happen to the circle pad.

Good thing I won't have to worry about the Gamecube analog falling off during Smash Wii U, that things lasted through Melee and Brawl :D