Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Hei

Super Smash Bros. 4 for Wii U & 3DS

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of the next Smash Bros will you get?

• 3DS
    • Wii U
    • Both
    • Neither

I wouldn't mind if they ever get a new game. I don't know how they'd do it, but it could be pretty cool to see them make a comeback like Pit did.

This. Although keep in mind, If Sakurai A.K.A. The Creator of Smash who put Pit in Brawl to begin with, hadn't gotten invested in Kid Icarus himself, chances are it would still be dead like Ice Climbers is now. I mean, Mother has had representation in 4 Smash games, you don't see anyone stepping up to continue the series. : All it does is raise awareness of the series and characters, it doesn't really make it more likely to get revived, as sorry as i am to say.

Edited by Reyn

This. Although keep in mind, If Sakurai A.K.A. The Creator of Smash who put Pit in Brawl to begin with, hadn't gotten invested in Kid Icarus himself, chances are it would still be dead like Ice Climbers is now. I mean, Mother has had representation in 4 Smash games, you don't see anyone stepping up to continue the series. : All it does is raise awareness of the series and characters, it doesn't really make it more likely to get revived, as sorry as i am to say.

I'm not saying it will happen, just saying I want a revival. I don't care who does it as long as it's first party.

I'm not saying it will happen, just saying I want a revival. I don't care who does it as long as it's first party.

I can see Duck Hunt dog being in a new game that has the same formula as Banjo Kazooie cuz Duck Hunt Dog is literally what Banjo & Kazooie could've been if they're Smash if Microsoft didn't buy them

But Ice Climbers.....sure I like them but honestly there isn't much that you can do with them ,mayeb I'll be proven wrong someday...

But for now the franchise that has the highest chance to be revived aside from Star Fox getting a  new game is F-Zero and I can state multiple reasons to why

1Sakurai blatantly hinting at it in a Pic of the Day MiiVerse post

2Mario Kart 8's DLC will have a course based on Mute City from F-Zero

3Having Captain Falcon out of all old veterans that wasn't revealed at the time appear in a trailer for a new character(Lucina and Robin) where Captain Falcon clearly had the upper hand against Lucina......they won't favor Captain Falcon all of a sudden against a new character if they won't do anything with him

Sure it might be a year or two before that happens but I assure you that F-Zero will come back

I can see Duck Hunt dog being in a new game that has the same formula as Banjo Kazooie cuz Duck Hunt Dog is literally what Banjo & Kazooie could've been if they're Smash if Microsoft didn't buy them

But Ice Climbers.....sure I like them but honestly there isn't much that you can do with them ,mayeb I'll be proven wrong someday...

But for now the franchise that has the highest chance to be revived aside from Star Fox getting a  new game is F-Zero and I can state multiple reasons to why

1Sakurai blatantly hinting at it in a Pic of the Day MiiVerse post

2Mario Kart 8's DLC will have a course based on Mute City from F-Zero

3Having Captain Falcon out of all old veterans that wasn't revealed at the time appear in a trailer for a new character(Lucina and Robin) where Captain Falcon clearly had the upper hand against Lucina......they won't favor Captain Falcon all of a sudden against a new character if they won't do anything with him

Sure it might be a year or two before that happens but I assure you that F-Zero will come back

This would be cool, here's hoping. Although, it'd be weird to see Sakurai take charge of F-Zero honestly, given his game design style.

This would be cool, here's hoping. Although, it'd be weird to see Sakurai take charge of F-Zero honestly, given his game design style.

Wouldn't be his first racing game. I haven't played Kirby's Air Ride, but I heard it's good, so he'd know what he's doing.I think someone else would revive it, though. Sakurai's not the only one who revived franchises, just look at Miyamoto with Star Fox.

It might not be Sakurai himself,they can either team up with Sega again like F-Zero GX

or Simply give the Mario Kart 8 team the task of creating a new F-Zero game

And even then,Sakurai did make a racing game which is Kirby Air Ride so maybe I can see him making an F-Zero game

Edited by Annoying D Waluigi

It might not be Sakurai himself,they can either team up with Sega again like F-Zero GX or Simply give the Mario Kart 8 team the task of creating a new F-Zero game And even then,Sakurai did make a racing game which is Kirby Air Ride so maybe I can see him making an F-Zero game

I'd bet on Sega, since I heard they did well with GX. Nintendo and Sega have good relations lately anyway, so why not?

According to some part of the competitive community...........Bowser in Smash 4 is considered to be top tier

Looks like all that training with Wii Fit trainer has paid off

HAIL TO THE SMASH KING BABY

That made me laugh when Bowser cracked his back xD awesome video!

According to some part of the competitive community...........Bowser in Smash 4 is considered to be top tier

Looks like all that training with Wii Fit trainer has paid off

HAIL TO THE SMASH KING BABY

Lol, i wondered how long it'd take for someone to bring this here. I figured it'd be you if anyone Metal Snake. SKFTW.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Pic of the day:

If Mom does spot you, she'll scold you and blow you away!! ...I've never seen a fighting action game as chaotic as this one."

So the WarioWare stage in the Wii U version will be based on Game & Wario...........looks fun but I wished it would've been from WarioWare Smooth moves that was on the Wii as I didn't like Game & Wario that much

Anyway,in terms of the Smash bros competitive scene and the Smash Bros fandom in general,do you guys think the 3DS version will be viable when the Wii U version comes out?

And I don't mean in terms of sales cuz Smash Bros Wii U is gonna sell as much as Mario Kart 8 if not more during the holiday season as it's the reason a lot of people would get Wii U's

I mean in terms of competitiveness and everything else from online play to local multiplayer.....etc.

I'm sure everybody agrees that Smash Bros is much more enjoyable with the GameCube controller than playing with the 3DS as it's much more precise and comfortable to use the GameCube controller than the 3DS and the console version will most definitely have more content in terms of stages and modes

I'll be getting both versions anyway and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of both of them but I won't deny that once I get the Wii U version I'll barely touch the 3DS version outside of taking it with me on a trip not to mention that Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is coming which is gonna occupy my 3DS for a long time

I'm sure the 3DS version is gonna be a ton of fun,but it kinda makes me more excited for the Wii U version instead

Amazon shows off the Wii U bundle of the game:

Posted Image

The bundle includes the Super Smash Bros Game for the Wii U, GameCube Controller Adapter for Wii U, and Super Smash Bros Edition of the GameCube Controller and is available for $99. 

Edited by Tails

why didnt nintendo just release smash 3ds everywhere in one day? i dont think it would have affected sales at all. plus, it would cancel leaks from the japanese game because they come out everywhere. (sure there were legitimate leaks but you didnt know if they were real until you played the game) it would have made a bigger surprize factor when you see the siluet of a new chalenger approaching too! scince pokemon is doing it i would have thought that smash would too. :/ oh well. HERES TO SMASH 3DS IN 7 DAYS!!!! xD XD xD

why didnt nintendo just release smash 3ds everywhere in one day? i dont think it would have affected sales at all. plus, it would cancel leaks from the japanese game because they come out everywhere. (sure there were legitimate leaks but you didnt know if they were real until you played the game) it would have made a bigger surprize factor when you see the siluet of a new chalenger approaching too! scince pokemon is doing it i would have thought that smash would too. :/ oh well. HERES TO SMASH 3DS IN 7 DAYS!!!! xD xD xD

I agree,if Pokemon can do it with X&Y so can Smash Bros

I agree,if Pokemon can do it with X&Y so can Smash Bros

and there even continuing it with OR/AS! i wonder if its some marketing strategy of nintendo's that we dont know about. maybe its so they can hold that tournament in north america a day after its released.

why didnt nintendo just release smash 3ds everywhere in one day? i dont think it would have affected sales at all. plus, it would cancel leaks from the japanese game because they come out everywhere. (sure there were legitimate leaks but you didnt know if they were real until you played the game) it would have made a bigger surprize factor when you see the siluet of a new chalenger approaching too! scince pokemon is doing it i would have thought that smash would too. :/ oh well. HERES TO SMASH 3DS IN 7 DAYS!!!! xD xD xD

Actually, we did know they were real. There were videos showing Shulk and Bowser Jr. in action as part of that leak. :

Actually, we did know they were real. There were videos showing Shulk and Bowser Jr. in action as part of that leak. :

true, but at the same time, its not the same as an official announcement. you still dont know if its real of just a REALLY convincing video that somebody made. (however unlikely that may be) plus, i never saw those videos and only heard of them scince they were only up for less than a day. i still dont get why there are leaks to begin with. its probably for attention but its frustrating for it to be spoiled and im sure the leakers know that. :

true, but at the same time, its not the same as an official announcement. you still dont know if its real of just a REALLY convincing video that somebody made. (however unlikely that may be) plus, i never saw those videos and only heard of them scince they were only up for less than a day. i still dont get why there are leaks to begin with. its probably for attention but its frustrating for it to be spoiled and im sure the leakers know that. :

There are reports that leaker was from NoA, and was fired and sued after all of that. Soo... Yeah, they got what they deserved. I'm mad that they ruined the surprise of my favorite character being confirmed literally a week before the official announcement. :/

There are reports that leaker was from NoA, and was fired and sued after all of that. Soo... Yeah, they got what they deserved. I'm mad that they ruined the surprise of my favorite character being confirmed literally a week before the official announcement. :/

i agree. i wish leaks would just stop. for all games.

That's why Smash Bros should follow the steps of Pokemon in the next installment and have the game released in all regions at the same time

That's why Smash Bros should follow the steps of Pokemon in the next installment and have the game released in all regions at the same time

Agreed. I mean, I don't mind it this time, since I needed extra time to get the money for the game, but I'm getting sick of games being released in one territory really early. EVERY game should follow Pokemon's example.