Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
EternalReckoning

KH3D Is it worth getting a 3ds just to play this game?

It is a really fun game. Some people complain about it. But as long as you aren't really picky you'll enjoy yourself. It's actually one of my favorites from the series. There is also a lot of other good games on the 3DS. So your money would be well spent.

I dont know if I'll get it, purely for the fact that I dont want to get a 3ds just for one game. I dont have alot of time for games so I make the most with what I have, and DDD is pretty much the only game I would play on it. Thats also why I havnt got a Wii-U, because the lack of interesting games. Although I already have $500 set aside for the PS4 lol xD<3

:wacko:  I am a huge fan of the kh series and have played evey other game in the series bar 1 and 2 final mix editions.

i have gotten mixed opinions and i would appreciate some solid facts before i decide, thanks...

Let me tell you the truth. I'm a really big KH fan, and I hadn't played a really good KH game since BBS, and that was years ago. I've played Re:Coded, but it was just meh. I was skeptical about KH3D, though, because the soundtrack wasn't as good as BBS and I didn't like the idea of the drop system. I was afraid I was gonna fall out of love with the series, especially since the game came out last year, and I just got it last week. I have to tell you that this game renewed my love for the series. KH3D is the best written game in the series and it did a great job of tying up some of the plotholes and loose ends while telling its own great story. Even the drop system wasn't an issue. There's an item in the game called Drop-Me-Nots that fill up the Drop Gauge, and once I stocked up on them, it never ran out once. So if you're a fan of the series, there should be no hesitation, no "mixed opinions" and no "I wonder if I should get this?" about it. It is a must buy and I highly recommend it, especially if you're a fan of the series.

Let me tell you the truth. I'm a really big KH fan, and I hadn't played a really good KH game since BBS, and that was years ago. I've played Re:Coded, but it was just meh. I was skeptical about KH3D, though, because the soundtrack wasn't as good as BBS and I didn't like the idea of the drop system. I was afraid I was gonna fall out of love with the series, especially since the game came out last year, and I just got it last week. I have to tell you that this game renewed my love for the series. KH3D is the best written game in the series and it did a great job of tying up some of the plotholes and loose ends while telling its own great story. Even the drop system wasn't an issue. There's an item in the game called Drop-Me-Nots that fill up the Drop Gauge, and once I stocked up on them, it never ran out once. So if you're a fan of the series, there should be no hesitation, no "mixed opinions" and no "I wonder if I should get this?" about it. It is a must buy and I highly recommend it, especially if you're a fan of the series.

Thanks for the info, i have also taken previous comments into consideration, i will get a 3ds but only if i can find at least three, i'm thinking fire emblem and tales of abyss maybe :)

Answer #1: yes get a 3DS for kh

Answer #2: there are more awesome games for the 3DS not just KH. Tales of the abyss, TLoZ:OoT, Professor layton, Etrian odyssey the list goes on.

:wacko:  I am a huge fan of the kh series and have played evey other game in the series bar 1 and 2 final mix editions.

i have gotten mixed opinions and i would appreciate some solid facts before i decide, thanks...

I would get it. KH3D is a great game, and there are lots of other good games for the 3DS like:

Starfox 3D

Ocarina of Time 3D

Kid Icarus Uprising

And in the future:

Pokemon X and Y

Super Smash Bros 4

DEFINITELY GET IT.

I dont know if I'll get it, purely for the fact that I dont want to get a 3ds just for one game. I dont have alot of time for games so I make the most with what I have, and DDD is pretty much the only game I would play on it. Thats also why I havnt got a Wii-U, because the lack of interesting games. Although I already have $500 set aside for the PS4 lol xD<3

I won"t advice to get a PS4 unless you got a PS3. The PS4 requires probably online for games.

DDD got a high chance to be on console I guess.

If 1.5 means games between KH1 and KH2.

Edited by KH4Real

I bought my 3DS solely for this game and I really liked it. I didn't love it (not like I loved 358/2 Days) but I really liked it. I've been trying to get my neighbor to play it almost to the point of begging him. Here's the deal of why people say bad things about it: It does not feel like your traditional Kingdom Hearts game like KH1 or KH2. Once you get past the fact that it's different and accept that then I think you'll enjoy it more. Plus you'll want to play it anyways as it is a total prequel to KH3.

Yes I worth buying a console just for 1 game.I bought my PSP only for BBS and I ended up playing Final Fantasy a lot on in.Same for my PS3,I only bought it for KH 1.5,but now there's a whole bunch of game that I look forward.

I'd say go for it. It's a lot of fun if you ask me. Not the greatest entry in the series, but definitely a solid game.

Agreed that it was a fun game, but... best written game in the series? I'm not sure I can agree with you there, my friend. But still, what lines do you think are really good in 3D that you consider to be good writing? Just curious

I'd say go for it. It's a lot of fun if you ask me. Not the greatest entry in the series, but definitely a solid game.

Agreed that it was a fun game, but... best written game in the series? I'm not sure I can agree with you there, my friend. But still, what lines do you think are really good in 3D that you consider to be good writing? Just curious

When I say "best written", I mean relative to the series itself. KH is notorious for its convoluted story, and while not without plotholes, I think KH3D did a really good job of tying up some loose ends and setting up for KH3. I've only played through the game one time, so it's not like I can quote it... yet, but I do think it has the best story.

Getting a console for one game is never good. I did that for the vita (golden). That aside, you should definitely get the 3ds not just for 3D but for the other multitude of great games it has.

If its not for just one game then do it for Zelda, and Mariokart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land and Starfox, and The soon to be released Smash Bros 3D