Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

SEGA may announce a new console at E3

Weiss... PC isn't bad, you literally can make any system you want with a PC, then grab or make an emulator for the game and poof: You got a console you like, and it can surf the net. You can make a Dreamcast out of any computer, so I don't see how PC is bad. Now onto the topic: It's a bad idea for SEGA to come back. They flopped for like 2-3 console's, and have been working on Kinect games. The Kinect itself is bad, but there is no excuse for Sonic Free Riders.

While I struggle to put any faith into this....

I think it would be really interesting to see them back in the Console Race.  Then a Hypderdimension Neptunia 3 can come out.  But I think given they've been out so long, to the point that a lot of the kids of today wouldn't even know they made consoles, I think it'd be very difficult for them to gain their attention.  I fear that only those who played their consoles back in the day would even consider a new console made by them, purely out of nostalgia.  Unless they really make a system that is far beyond the power of the Xbox One, Wii U and PS4 to where it's really no competition.

Weiss... PC isn't bad, you literally can make any system you want with a PC, then grab or make an emulator for the game and poof: You got a console you like, and it can surf the net. You can make a Dreamcast out of any computer, so I don't see how PC is bad. Now onto the topic: It's a bad idea for SEGA to come back. They flopped for like 2-3 console's, and have been working on Kinect games. The Kinect itself is bad, but there is no excuse for Sonic Free Riders.

The PC is actually a pretty good way for gaming imo.

They flop on Saturn, and Dreamcast sort've. The Genesis was there success.

While I struggle to put any faith into this....

I think it would be really interesting to see them back in the Console Race.  Then a Hypderdimension Neptunia 3 can come out.  But I think given they've been out so long, to the point that a lot of the kids of today wouldn't even know they made consoles, I think it'd be very difficult for them to gain their attention.  I fear that only those who played their consoles back in the day would even consider a new console made by them, purely out of nostalgia.  Unless they really make a system that is far beyond the power of the Xbox One, Wii U and PS4 to where it's really no competition.

there is a 3rd...not like i would know :ph34r:

Edited by Xylek

Posted Image

Read all about it here

Source

It makes sense. Sony sucks, Microsoft sucks, Nintendo sucks and PCs suck. SEGA is the only hope for E3.

The PC is actually a pretty good way for gaming imo.

You just said PC sucks...

They flop on Saturn, and Dreamcast sort've. The Genesis was there success.

But look at where they are right now: Bought by Xbox. Which leads me to question: How are they doing this without Xbox just destroying it?

You just said PC sucks...

But look at where they are right now: Bought by Xbox. Which leads me to question: How are they doing this without Xbox just destroying it?

I also said that the big 3 gaming companies suck which pretty much leaves nothing. I don't think any of them suck honestly. It was more of a joke. :P

Edited by Weiss

I also said that the big 3 gaming companies suck which pretty much leaves nothing. I don't think any of them suck honestly. It was more of a joke. :P

Ohhhhh.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

As much as I love Sega and their consoles(Genesis and Dreamcast),they can't go back to console making,not after the MASSIVE financial losses they've suffered in the past 2 years where they were forced to close all their branches in Europe to unify them in one branch.

If they made a console all of a sudden,they would go bankrupt so fast because of the high cost of console manufacturing.

It won't make sense to them to partnership with Nintendo then all of a sudden announce a console.

That Spectrum Picture might just be another new IP from Sega similar to their new IPs like Resonance of Fate(I want a sequel to that) and Valkyria Chronicles early this gen.

So yeah,as much as I want a Dreamcast 2,it won't happen.It's a harsh reality yeah,but it's just impossible for them to risk what remains of their money to gamble on a new console

(Skip to 1:35)

dammit I was going to post that D:

so yeah weiss pls there is no firetrucking way in hell that Ages will come back into the console market

Posted Image

I don't think Sega would be giving their next Sonic game exclusively to Nintendo if they were planning on releasing a console anytime soon. Plus I don't think they have the capital to reenter the console wars at the moment.

Well it doesn't make sense that they would partner with Nintendo and make the next 3 Sonic games Nintendo exclusives if they were gonna release a new console...

might be a wording trick

that they agreed not to put it on any current next gen consoles

or that the next three are coming very quickly