Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weiss

Kairi is a much more important character than you think

Thing is, all of those things (save for giving Aqua a new keyblade, which had no impact on the plot) are things done TO her, or things ABOUT her.  She's not an active, engaging character and the way the plot has been structured until now meant that she couldn't be active even when she wanted to be.  The things you listed have more to do with WHAT she is (Sora's friend and a PoH) than WHO she is.  No, you can't take her out of the equation and have things stay the same, but he entire role so far has been a reactor.  She doesn't move the plot--I mean regarding who she is as a character as a person, not what she is--the plot moves her.

Thing is, all of those things (save for giving Aqua a new keyblade, which had no impact on the plot) are things done TO her, or things ABOUT her.  She's not an active, engaging character and the way the plot has been structured until now meant that she couldn't be active even when she wanted to be.  The things you listed have more to do with WHAT she is (Sora's friend and a PoH) than WHO she is.  No, you can't take her out of the equation and have things stay the same, but he entire role so far has been a reactor.  She doesn't move the plot--I mean regarding who she is as a character as a person, not what she is--the plot moves her.

That doesn't change her importance

Yeah, I think she'll have a pretty big part in KH3. She's still important in KH1 and 2, but it's just that the recent games have no reason for her to be important in terms of the storyline. 

Days didn't even follow anyone close to her (except for the fact that Xion looked like her)

BBS, she was, what, three? Four? It's hard to be relevant in that context.

Coded was strictly about Sora. Heck, technically speaking, Riku didn't even appear at all in this game either.

3D couldn't have included her that much. If she was in Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery exam, it would be weird because there'd be no reason for her to be there. (not to mention having a third character on the drop gauge would be HELL)

So each of these games can't possibly add anything to her character, because Nomura would have needed to take quite a stretch to make her relevant in each of their individual storylines. But KH3 will be a great reason for her to be important again. 

Edited by Jim

not sure if this is Weiss' attempt to start a shitstorm

Kairi is gonna be fighting a lot in KH3.

Why do I have a feeling Javelin is going to make a comment on this topic?

*A wild Javelin appears xD*

*reads post* I'm unsure as well as to whether or not this was an attempt of starting a s#!tstorm...

Coded was understandable since it was mostly about Sora's adventures. Riku technically wasn't even supposed to be in the game, but somehow they managed to flawlessly make that happen. 

I would add more but someone already beat me to it HERE (And go figure, I was first to comment on the thread...)

Also: Totally called it Xamtweth-ReMIXed xD Have a cookie: Posted Image

Edited by Javelin434

My problem with Kairi isn't so much that she's "useless" rather that she's not so much a character than she's an object that just so happens to walk and talk.