Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

Why Mario fans hate Mario Sunshine so much?

I mean yeah the game isn't as good as Super Mario 64 or Galaxy.But it's quite a unique game

Yeah you don't have many power ups like other Mario games ,but the setting and level design was fresh and enjoyable for me

Yeah it's my least favorite of the 3D Mario games but I still love it.

Just because they've tried something different for once doesn't mean that the game is bad.

I can say the same about Wind Waker but I'll save that for another thread later this year

I wasn't aware people hated it o.o

Sunshine was such a fun game shame it never got a sequel :( It's not my least favourite 3D Mario game (that title goes to 3D Land for being so boring) but it's not my favourite at the same time. I thought it was pretty underrated to be honest..

I wasn't aware people hated it o.o

Sunshine was such a fun game shame it never got a sequel :( It's not my least favourite 3D Mario game (that title goes to 3D Land for being so boring) but it's not my favourite at the same time. I thought it was pretty underrated to be honest..

3D land was not boring

A bad 3d mario game? Whats that? Its unheard of!!!!I don't really have a least favourite, they're all so good!!!

Sunshine is not bad at all,in fact it's fantastic.

But I always hear a lot of nitpicking on the game on various sites whaling on it because of how much different it was

I still love Sunshine to this day,not as much as 64 or Galaxy but I still love it,even more than Mario 3D Land

Are you kidding? 3D Land was boring and amazingly easy....Actually, it was a disgrace to the Super Mario franschise

On: Sunshine totally rocks

Have you ever completed the 8 additional hard worlds that opens right after you defeat Bowser in his final castle.(Y'know where you can unlock Luigi)

If you have played them you wouldn't have said that they're easy

Also,Mario 3D Land isn't a disgrace.the only true disgrace on the mario franchise was NSMB2 and Mario Party 9

Edited by Metal Snake

I have to agree on this. Super Mario Sunshine was a great game and much better than 3D Land imo. I mean, 3D land was a fun game but doesn't really get all that challenging even after you complete the first 8 worlds. The "hard" worlds are too easy for me compared to the worlds in Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Edited by Tails

I have to agre on this. Super Mario Sunshine was a great agme and much better than 3D Land imo. I mean, 3D land was a fun game but doesn't really get all that challenging even after you complete the first 8 worlds. The "hard" worlds are too easy for me compared to the worlds in Super Mario Galaxy/Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Yeah I love Sunshine more 3D land too,but that doesn't mean 3D land was bad as some guy here said.Sure it's easier than Galaxy 2's hard world(Those world were torture especially the Grand Master Galaxy) but it's still good

Sunshine is a great game and so is Zelda Wind Waker.I don't understand why fans get harsh on those two just because they were different

Yeah I love Sunshine more 3D land too,but that doesn't mean 3D land was bad as some guy here said.Sure it's easier than Galaxy 2's hard world(Those world were torture especially the Grand Master Galaxy) but it's still good

Sunshine is a great game and so is Zelda Wind Waker.I don't understand why fans get harsh on those two just because they were different

People hate Sunshine because you basically go through all the other places of Isle Delfino and just clean of the graffiti. And the reason why people hate Wind Waker is because of the graphics (I know, stupid right?).

People hate Sunshine because you basically go through all the other places of Isle Delfino and just clean of the graffiti. And the reason why people hate Wind Waker is because of the graphics (I know, stupid right?).

Yeah but there are other ways to get the Sun Sprites other than cleaning graffiti and actually the game has implemented that in a unique way(Dude Jet Set Radio is all about putting graffiti on walls and it's still a good game)

As for Wind Waker,The cartoony style made the game look more alive and artistic,just look at Link facial expressions.

Are you kidding? 3D Land was boring and amazingly easy....Actually, it was a disgrace to the Super Mario franschise

On: Sunshine totally rocks

It's not a disgrace to the franchise but it wasn't the best game ever. And yeah it was too boring and easy. Regardless of the 8 harder worlds.

Have you ever completed the 8 additional hard worlds that opens right after you defeat Bowser in his final castle.(Y'know where you can unlock Luigi)

If you have played them you wouldn't have said that they're easy

Also,Mario 3D Land isn't a disgrace.the only true disgrace on the mario franchise was NSMB2 and Mario Party 9

I'm hoping for a far better 3D Mario down the line on the 3DS. I should have said that I personally found it boring but I mean it still looked really good on the 3DS. I wish I had picked up NSMB2 instead of it though.

Super Mario Sunshine was the only Mario game I ever liked besides the handheld scrollers I sometimes played.

Hating it?

It's an amazing game with a fresh idea no one tried. Except Luigi's Mansion, but that was a vaccuum and showing us how Luigi is an over glorified maid.

I did not know that people hated it either. The only thing I think they could dislike is FlUUD since it's a different mechanic but yeah hearing people hated it surprises me.

I love the game, but I have to be honest. The game isn't very well polished, there are tons of glitches and questionable gameplay design(THE PACHINKO LEVEL). I think that's why people don't hold it in as high regard as other 3D marios. But it will always be my favorite Mario, I love the setting and characters.

People who hate Wind Waker are simply no true gamers...

And people who hate Twilight Princess

Seriously even Twilight Princess got bashed for nitpicky reasons

Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game of all time,I love it even more than Ocarina of Time and OOT is high on my top 10 favorite games.

Twilight Princess took what I love about Ocarina of Time and made it better

Edited by Metal Snake