Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora96

Struggling for inspiration to play FINAL FANTASY XII...

I started Final Fantasy XII tonight, and while it has the best graphics I have ever seen on the PlayStation 2 I am struggling for inspiration to play it.

The gameplay is complex, boring and at times slow.

Going by reviews from all the big gaming reviewers (Famitsu, GameSpot, IGN etc) it's a fantastic game but they also agree that the gameplay is complex and tedious.

I am not having any type of connection yet, when I played FINAL FANTASY X I was connected, I was loving it. But I haven't found that with XII yet.

I really want to get this game finished already, and I don't care about side quests for this game. I just want it completed asap.

Can anyone give me some advice on this? Personal experiences?

How long will it take if I try and rush through it despite the fact it's confusing and I have no prior knowledge of it?

Is the game hard?

I really want it completed asap but at the same time it's gameplay has been complex and at times boring so far....

The only help I can offer is some general game knowledge: If you rush through too quickly, you'll end up underpowered and get stuck at some point where you'll take up enough time to add to your total gameplay hours ending in a total greater than if you took it a little slower.

I just rescued Basch and I'm really bored of XII....I hate 12 so much

The combat is tedious and boring and the running system doesn't make sense.

the gameplay overall is boring and the overworld for the most part is a boring wasteland

The story itself is okay but Vaan is barely doing anything important 

The cast of characters are the best written, best developed group in the entire franchise.

The world is designed magnificently, and the sense of history and time behind it makes it feel far more worth exploring.

The gameplay rewards you for learning how to use your skills, like thieving, and gives you more opportunities to use magic cleverly.

Stick with it, if just for the story.

Well some people like the games and others don't. How hard it is and how much time it take really depends on the person and how they play. Try to keep with it until the end though if you're at least enjoying it a bit.

Well at the begining I found it really tedious too, but once I could  customize gambits and learn more magics and abilities,it was pretty fun,  I did not connect with any character, well I liked Baltier, anyway the story is well written, the characters could be more amusing but they have their moments, I recommend you keep going.

Yeah same.

I found XII to be really dull and the characters to be really plain and empty, like the were almost like paper expect human. The storyline can either thrill you or just drive you to sleep.

I disagree with the " you should keep going " because I've tried XII six times and tried to get more far each time, but still felt bored and the same. Though each to their own.

I think you've played Final Fantasy Tactics, this game is much easier for you to get into since they have the same world.

Personally I don't know how some fans call XII a masterpiece.

Edited by axele

Whatever you do, dont rush it! I learned at a young age that with these sorts of games you have to take your time to get the most out of it, but the first time i played it i still got stuck in the game being underpowered, and customizing your party with gambits and equipment aswell as the LP system gets much more explorable, allowing more possibilities. Depending on how you go through the game, will depend on how you like. If you want to try and plow through it, or you are just plainly not much of a full-on gamer, dont even bother with this game.

However,to give 12 some credits, it is at least much...and I mean MUCH.. better than Final Fantasy 8

That game is just a piece of crap(Opinion...not a fact or a review)....it is the Sonic 06 of the Final Fantasy franchise