Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomHearts3

KH3D Altered events throughout the series

As you all know, ever since we have learned that Xehanort time traveled, everything has been altered. I am curious to ask you all: how do you think all past events turned out when Xehanort time traveled? Give your theories and comments here.

The way Xehanort time traveled made it a continuous time loop meaning everything happened exactly the way we saw it bc it was always set up to be that way. At least up until DDD . That's why MX loves to spout about 'destiny" even though it was a forced/ manipulated destiny which in itself is contradictory xD

Im confused.

Xehanort went back in time and made it so that Sora would never get laid by Kairi, which he originally would have done several times in KH2.

I mean seriously, what else is there to do on that island besides Kairi? (Don't even say Riku.....)

Im confused.

So is everyone else. Time Travel is bullshit and when people have to struggle to understand a story, its obviously a terrible concept. It ruined Kingdom Hearts and I'm starting to see more flaws and cheesiness in the game than I am the positive.

Edited by Master Juan

Im confused.

Where are you confused exactly ? :P  It is complicated . Basically, by time traveling to the past and giving YMX the time traveling power and whatnot, MX set it up that he would always grow up to become himself, with the same fate with the same outcome leading to the same current time and events.Meaning, it keeps repeating itself bc YMX is destined to become Ansem and give his young self the powers to continue the 'destined' events of the future over and over .

Im confused.

Xehanort went back in time and made it so that Sora would never get laid by Kairi, which he originally would have done several times in KH2.

I mean seriously, what else is there to do on that island besides Kairi? (Don't even say Riku.....)

So is everyone else. Time Travel is bullshit and when people have to struggle to understand a story, its obviously a terrible concept. It ruined Kingdom Hearts and I'm starting to see more flaws and cheesiness in the game than I am the positive.

It's not that hard to understand. Maybe you guys are over thinking things?

Edited by Xaon

Don't worry, when the Xehanort Saga ends, so will the time travel :)

Not changed at all, I'm pretty sure.

Where are you confused exactly ? :P  It is complicated . Basically, by time traveling to the past and giving YMX the time traveling power and whatnot, MX set it up that he would always grow up to become himself, with the same fate with the same outcome leading to the same current time and events.Meaning, it keeps repeating itself bc YMX is destined to become Ansem and give his young self the powers to continue the 'destined' events of the future over and over .

You need to make a kh dictionary

The way Xehanort time traveled made it a continuous time loop meaning everything happened exactly the way we saw it bc it was always set up to be that way. At least up until DDD . That's why MX loves to spout about 'destiny" even though it was a forced/ manipulated destiny which in itself is contradictory xD

Flaming Lea has it right. Xeahnort initiated a closed temporal loop which means that the same thing will happen again and again in the time stream unless a third party from an alternate dimension comes and breaks it up. Then we'd have a whole slew of BS to sort through.

Flaming Lea has it right. Xeahnort initiated a closed temporal loop which means that the same thing will happen again and again in the time stream unless a third party from an alternate dimension comes and breaks it up. Then we'd have a whole slew of BS to sort through.

I think you may have just guessed the plot of KH3 :D

I stand by this:

Nothing has been retconned. Another dimension of understanding has been added... Ansem was a time traveller? Well hey, they never said he wasn't. Nobodies can have hearts? Well, it's made pretty clear that the characters were being lied to, meaning we, the fandom, were being lied to as well.

Nothing in the story has been eliminated. A retcon is where part of a story point becomes a "That never actually happened!" thing. Thats not the case here. What is the case is that the story is being expanded upon, and that our perception of events is changing.

If you don't like that, then don't call "retcon!", simply stop playing the games.

And I just realized my post has nothing to do with the question presented by the OP.

How could Xehanort's Heartless even learn to time travel in the first place to teach YMX? Maybe he learned somehow from Ansem the Wise's teachings? Or maybe Luxord is to blame, and possibly is another Dark Vessel, since in KHII he was the only Org. XIII member you fight at TCTNW who isn't known to be one (Xemnas, Xigbar, and Saix). Arrgh, but he doesn't have those yellow eyes...

To be honest I'd like to see a timeline where MX didn not time travel.

Maybe we get to see him die in some way hahaha xD

I don't think time-traveling changed much exactly...that was sort of the good thing about it; he brought his selves from the past to the present, but (thank goodness) he doesn't have the power to actually change the past.

Present and future are always under your control; there is no "destiny", only the fate you make for yourself. Xehanort just happens to be good at planning ahead...

Though tbh the heroes often behave predictably.

Edited by deathrebirthsenshi