Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

HD 1.5 ReMIX appears in Jan-24 Famitsu w/ 358/2 Days information

The latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, releasing on January 24, 2013, has contained an article on Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-. The article contains many screenshots of and information about the 358/2 Days Theatre Mode part of the title. hokanko-alt has provided detailed information about the article, and thanks to goldpanner, this information has been translated. You can read it below.

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX: 358/2 Days Info Released, Trophy Support Element For Even the Video Volume

This introduces some points regarding Days being reworked into the Video Volume. There are also statements regarding the sound work of the entire product.

358/2 Days: Changes from the Original Version
~Cutscenes now high resolution
~Voicing recorded for previously non-voiced scenes
~Able to enjoy specific scenes through chapter select
~"Roxas' Diary" open from the beginning
~"Secret Reports" can be browsed after viewing the videos
~Additional "Character Index" in which you are able to view commentary on the characters
~Obtain a custom PS3 theme after viewing all content
~Trophy support (acquired through viewing content)

In addition to this, there are a great number of screenshots appearing with the article.

Staff Comment:
~From a comment by 358/2 Days cutscene director Masaru Oka: We created about 100 new scenes in order to be able to get the main story across in video only. We also added voicing, so you will be able to enjoy the subtle expression of emotion that is difficult to convey with text only. Get comfortable before you watch it because in entirety it is two hours and fifty minutes long. I didn't think that I would be working on the series for this long, but I'd like to go on creating Kingdom Hearts that the fans will love for the next ten years and on into the future.
~From a comment by sound designer Yuki Hirose: We gave 5.1ch sound support to the real-time sections of KH and ReCoM, and recorded additional voicing for Days. On the music front, under the supervision of Yoko Shimomura, various tracks have been rearranged and replaced with live instruments. Please look forward to the sound born anew.

Wow, there's so much I'm excited about. An actual confirmation of the Diary and Secret Reports being included is probably the first actual news I've heard in a while. On top of that they added the character index, which is new for sure and sounds awesome. I'm not really a music buff, but I guess if they included the live instruments or whatever it should sound good. Since Days has my favorite OST I certainly hope so.

2 hours and 50 minutes? damn. I hope there will be fight scenes. I would really like to see Saix get his butt kicked by Roxas in H.D.  

Xion vs. Riku confirmed

Xion vs. Axel confirmed

Riku vs. Roxas confirmed

Wow, This will be amazing~! Oh I do hope America, and other countries get it, I mean, Why would they make it exclusive only for Japan, when they KNOW they have fans world wide, its ridiculous, they would also make a lot more money that way, BLEH I just really wanna play, the first Kingdom Hearts is my favorite, because its feels so magical to me, please let it come to America, and other countries, we would like to enjoy this newly remastered game as well, in our own language ..okay I'm done nao :I

Getting trophies just by watching the cutscenes? Well that seems odd but oh we'll I was gonna watch it from start to finish anyway lol. Seems to be easy trophies to get lol. I just hope we get some news on when and if it will be released to other countries.

This is painful. All this and more makes me long to see the full thing! More than that we still don't know if it comes to English territories yet. I don't even mind so much if it doesn't come here, I just want to know!We'll probably find out in the next few months at least.

2 hours and 50 minutes of days? That's music to my ears!~ The more I hear news about this 1.5 Remix the more I want to go out and by  a ps3 for it. Hopefully we'll get news for other countries' releases soon.  

"[...] various tracks have been rearranged and replaced with live instruments."

*hopes for The Other Promise, Xion's theme, Roxas, Organization XIII, etc.*

Edited by Rinax