Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Lu Xun

What's the longest you've ever played a single video game without taking even a short (10 minute) break?

What's the longest you've ever played a single video game without taking even a short (10 minute) break?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What's the longest you've ever played a single video game without taking even a short (10 minute) break?

• 1-4 hours, not too long.
    • 5-8 hours, a good part of one day.
    • 9-12 hours, almost all day long.
    • 13-16 hours, every moment I was awake.
    • 17-24 hours, I missed sleep for a game .
    • 25-36 hours, it was a true gaming marathon
    • More than 37 hours. But it was all worth!!

I spent 14 hours playing EVE online once. 10 hours preparing for a massive battle and 4 hours in actual combat. Over 2000 people were involved in this one battle and the money lost through ships being destroyed equal to $465,000. Easily one of the most amazing moments I've experienced in a video game. 

On a boring weekend with nothing to do I usually wind up playing around 5 or 6 hours with decent breaks.

If I'm busy I can usually cram in an hour or two a week. I've never come close to playing 14 hours non stop though. 

But for the people that played 37 hours non stop, WHY? Are you even human?

What the heck? Without a good 10 minute break? Don't you people pee!? Or eat!?

You find a way to do both of those things without stopping. 

Edited by Amon

I have played from when i woke up to when i fell asleep with 2 games, probably 2 days in a row for each game:

1st time was when i first got my PSP 3000 and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (i got it around March 2011) 

I played the game non-stop, from when i got the PSP 3000 and KHBBS in the middle of the day, i played non-stop, with no breaks except bathroom, i fell asleep playing (with the PSP charger plugged in), the only reason i slept was because i have chronic migraines and i have to take sleeping meds, so there was no way for me to stay up, when i woke up the next morning , i played non-stop til the the next night, fell asleep playing the game, again, woke up same thing til i beat the game that night, then i started it over, and basically did the same thing, except since it was my 2nd playthrough i took breaks lol,

2nd time was the day Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance came out

I played from when i got the game when Gamestop opened non-stop til i beat it, took that day and 2 more, with non-stop playing, no breaks except bathroom, and like i did when i got KHBBS, as soon as i beat it, i started it again and basically did the same thing, just with small breaks, lol.

i actually have done this one other time except i took short breaks unlike with KHBBS and KH3D

3rd time was Assassin's Creed 3, played the game from when i woke up, til i was tired enough to fall right asleep, did that for 3 and a half days til i beat the game, i also took a couple naps during my time beating the game, but that's because well i am super sick 24/7, and some days i need to sleep because my head is hurting bad

Me and my best friend for the last 4 years, every December, get together at her house to play KH2 straight through.  Soooooooo much fun.  We hope to do it again this December over Christmas Break too! :D

When I was younger Jake and Daxter was so hard for me. I loved it though and played it for almost twelve hours at a time but wouldn't get very far, lol. I don't think I have that kind of stamina anymore because I get migraines now. 

Pretty sure I spent 7 or 8 hours beating Mass Effect 3... finished it at 7 in the morning, the day I was supposed to return to school after visiting home for spring break. Great experience.

I've probably had longer, when I was younger, but I can't remember. 

Edited by bambii

It was an overnight extravaganza of Super Smash Bros. Melee, trying to unlock Mewtwo. We literally played all 200 versus matches to get him that night, it was super fun. Took around 10 hours maybe, I personally never took a break, I love that game too much, but my friends did.

Edited by razuthor72

I was going to vote for 5-8 hours but then I remembered Phoenix Wright xD I rly don't know how time flies when I play the games xD So 9-12 it is!

Edited by Maffy

I in the  past year play the KH1, : I wake up morning, and I beginned the play in 8am. A few hours later, suddenly I looked out the window and noticed that it is dark. I looked at the clock and it was eight in the evening. I thought, oops,  I  have not lunch. :)  :D  I love this game soo much.

Only 4 hours. That's something, considering my mother never, NEVER, let's me play more than 2 hours per time. But I play 3-4 times per day, specially on vacations, so I spend 6-8 hours per day playing. That's normal for me. I have nothing more to do aside of  playing, reading ans spending time on here, KHwiki and facebook. When my friend comes to my house... well, we play games for all the time. xD

Games are my life  8)

11 hours, from 9 a.m to 8 p.m., when I got Birth by Sleep... I didn't have breakfast nor lunch... and when I went to the bathroom I carried my PSP  :P

What the heck? Without a good 10 minute break? Don't you people pee!? Or eat!?

I thought that, too lol

in every hour or one hour and half I do a break for going to toilet, drinking etc

without counting the breaks...I've played Zelda Majora's Mask from morning to evening, but this was a lot of years ago

now I haven't much time so evenings and nights (to 4.a.m.) on weekends when the game is really good and I want to play more and more and can't end it