Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dave

Are the Xehanort's their own person?

Do all the Xehanort clones run on the same mental bandwidth that Xehanort Sr. runs on, or do they have some sense of autonomy? Because they don't seem to mind regarding themselves as only one person, or show any signs of ego at all, so I'm inclined to believe they possess no identity of their own.

Hm, maybe he posesses them to an extent in the back of his mind while keeping a hold on his own body, then just moves his conciousness to whichever one he needs at the moment.

Like he did with YMX and Saix at the end of KH3D

I don't remember if it's explicitly stated anywhere, but I think you're right when you say they're running on Baldinort's wavelength. I remember a discussion about whether Saix had his own will in DDD, and it was agreed that Grandpanort sent his conscious into him to carry out his will. I assume it's the same for the other 'Norts and 'Norts-to-be. They'll probably still have their own wills that decreases as the 'Nort transformation nears completion.

Do all the Xehanort clones run on the same mental bandwidth that Xehanort Sr. runs on, or do they have some sense of autonomy? Because they don't seem to mind regarding themselves as only one person, or show any signs of ego at all, so I'm inclined to believe they possess no identity of their own.

I don't remember if it's explicitly stated anywhere, but I think you're right when you say they're running on Baldinort's wavelength. I remember a discussion about whether Saix had his own will in DDD, and it was agreed that Grandpanort sent his conscious into him to carry out his will. I assume it's the same for the other 'Norts and 'Norts-to-be. They'll probably still have their own wills that decreases as the 'Nort transformation nears completion.

It is explained that the bodies are 'vessels' that all share a portion of Master Xehanort's heart and mind. I think it's safe to state that that is all they possess as they are no longer empty shells (nobodies / heartless0 therefore won't grow their own hearts / minds. So no - they are all the same person and are not their own 'selves'

I think they can do what they want with their own will, to a degree, but as shown in the scene where it appears that MX possesses Saix, if they ever stepped out of line they would probably be quickly put in their place.

It would be really epic though to see them rebel (couldn't see it as them turning to the light side, more, I DON'T WANT TO TAKE THIS FROM YOU MX") and fight someone, who is basically them.

OH. What would be really interesting, is seeing as Xemnas and Ansem SoD are the heartless and nobody of MX merged with Terra, if when Terra is "rescued" he too could control them?

A bit of both, I'd say. Yes, they do have their own minds and wills to an extent, but I definately think that their minds and wills are connected; Xehanort was very picky and meticulous about the way he split up his heart, so whenever the moment comes, I'd assume he'd just have complete control over them. However, during normal time, I'd think they'd have a limited shared mind; ie, they don't need to talk to each other or anything like that. But Xehanort can exert control when necessary.

Well i believe that their will is being contained enough to show some sign of there past self,but the darkness grows letting xehxeh have more of a grip on them.and each piece of his are in them,like(lol bad example)a cookies crums,they are just bits but still a cookie.still connecting to his heart but not each bit will be exactly a like.And some things might have been added to who ever the nort or nort-to-be from the expirience/circumstances they have obtained.

P.S I have NO idea if any of this makes sense of not but now i want cookies :) BYE

Yes we have brought this up before in other threads about how MX can transfer his conscious to his other selves at will . I think that when he first norted some like Saix and Xigbar they prolly had some of their will left but the more and more the Nort heart took over they lost more and more of themselves ..Saix seemed like an utter robot in that scene with Lea .It was creepy ..It remains to be seen how much of themselves is left bc Xigbar seems to hold some of his personality but the fact alone MX can transfer his conscious to his other selves and control their body speaks a lot .

That said, it would be a great plot twist if in KH3 we saw some of the Norts try to rebel especially ones like Saix and even YMX..It seemed like its possible in both situations they didnt have much choice.YMX thought he had no choice due to destiny and Saix seemed like it was most likely not his choice .He even had a plan to rebel in Days with Lea bc they didn't trust Xemnas .The real question is, if they rebelled , could they since MX's consciousness could try to rein them in ?.

HI SENPAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I voted for ya!!!!though hope da vote didn't offend ya :(

Xigbar acts exactly the same as before.

while this is true, look at his dialogue It's all what Master Xehanort would say pretty much. I believe the body retains it's little habits and ticks (As Ifs, Old Coots....ect.) but essentially nothing more I reckon