Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I don't know if it's been said, but Weiss was off-character Episode 2. At first, I saw it as her character had developed, but even so, developed characters can stick with the same personalities. What she was doing in response to Blake just felt more like a Ruby thing to do, not a Weiss thing.

You know that this show is trying too hard to be funny when Weiss is doing shit like that.

You know that this show is trying too hard to be funny when Weiss is doing shit like that.

Yea I agree, I was like "Whut.... Weiss just went totally out of character to the extreme", if anything I would've expected Yang to do some thing like since Yang is her partner. It's also something I also want touch upon too, Yang is Blake's partner from the past couple episodes Yang dosen't seem the partner-y type. Back in Volume One, when Blake dashed out because she spilled out she was a Fanus, Yang was chilling like a Villain like she always like a boss.  You would expect her to at least say some thing at that point. Episode 2 of Volume two, Weiss was the one pointed out on Blake's strange behavior and called Blake out on it, you would also at least expect Yang to say something at this point as well. I like team RWBY as a whole, but when divided up into their 2 partner team it feels totally off balance, Ruby and Weiss have perfect moments showing off their relationship and partner skills. "Yea! Combat skirts!", "Think you can make the shot?" "Of course I can!", "Don't touch me you idiot *both hugs*. I mean the most I remember about Blake and Yang was..... "I could've taken him", when Blake swooped him and helped out Yang in the test. I know we still have more character development room, but looking at the huge cast of RWBY Vol.2 it's going to be a bit challenging, and I hope Yang and Blake's relationship/partner status is more fleshed out more like Ruby and Weiss is currently. 

If you can manage to eat one you get a massive DEF boost.

Can confirm: have eaten twelve and had a building dropped on me, only 12 damage.

Yea I agree, I was like "Whut.... Weiss just went totally out of character to the extreme", if anything I would've expected Yang to do some thing like since Yang is her partner. It's also something I also want touch upon too, Yang is Blake's partner from the past couple episodes Yang dosen't seem the partner-y type. Back in Volume One, when Blake dashed out because she spilled out she was a Fanus, Yang was chilling like a Villain like she always like a boss. You would expect her to at least say some thing at that point. Episode 2 of Volume two, Weiss was the one pointed out on Blake's strange behavior and called Blake out on it, you would also at least expect Yang to say something at this point as well. I like team RWBY as a whole, but when divided up into their 2 partner team it feels totally off balance, Ruby and Weiss have perfect moments showing off their relationship and partner skills. "Yea! Combat skirts!", "Think you can make the shot?" "Of course I can!", "Don't touch me you idiot *both hugs*. I mean the most I remember about Blake and Yang was..... "I could've taken him", when Blake swooped him and helped out Yang in the test. I know we still have more character development room, but looking at the huge cast of RWBY Vol.2 it's going to be a bit challenging, and I hope Yang and Blake's relationship/partner status is more fleshed out more like Ruby and Weiss is currently.

Well if you think about it, Yang also is sharing a room with her sister. Yang has an extremely motherly touch to her, so obviously she's going to gravitate towards Ruby more than anyone. She is used to loud, charismatic people rather than Blake's standoffish type. At least Weiss and Ruby share the "Combat Skirt" thing and have their little moments. But it'll be harder for Blake and Yang to connect, mainly because Blake rarely speaks and Yang isn't patient enough to take time and comfort her yet. Like you said, though, we still have room for character development. It'll just take longer for them to connect.

Wow, I can't believe a comedy show is trying to be funny. Edited by Yang

Wow, I can't believe a comedy show is trying to be funny.

It's not a comedy show, its an action/science-fantasy show. And it doesn't need to go to this lengths to make the viewer laugh, especially if it means turning one of the more serious characters into a clown for five seconds.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Rooster Teeth has the tagline "community, Gaming and Comedy"

they make comedy.

the characters make jokes

Yang makes puns

They fought with bread

they said " I activated your trap card"

the dust cloud effect from episode 3

all this says comedy.

Rooster Teeth has the tagline "community, Gaming and Comedy"

they make comedy.

the characters make jokes

Yang makes puns

They fought with bread

they said " I activated your trap card"

the dust cloud effect from episode 3

all this says comedy.

Black... it's not just comedy. Its action and its science-fantasy. Roosterteeth is a the producer for the show, Monty Oum is the creator. Roosterteeth doesn't primarily write for the show, Monty Oum does and works with two RT employees. Its NOT... just... a comedy.

you clearly don't like the show. i admit its not for everyone. but please don't hate on it here

I do like the show and I'm not hating on it. I am expressing my opnions towards issues I believe are in the show that should be addressed so that it can improve... difference.

Monty does the animation and final decisions. Kerry and Miles luna do script. have you talked with them before? its mental? they are hilarious and they make comedy.

My point is that this show is not PRIMARILY comedy and using it in the way it was in episode 2 with Weiss, IMO, was wrongly done.

if you did LIKE the show then you would actually say some good things. all ive seen is complaints

Because I'd rather post here and speak some criticisms instead of saying over and over about how much I looove the show like most of the other people on this thread. If I like something from it, then I like it and I won't say anything. If I don't, then I will be vocal about it. Plain and simple.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Hello,

Firaga is simply stating his opinions and viewpoints on the show. The same goes for everyone here too. In life there will always be differing opinions. Republicans, Democrats, religious, non-religious, etc. we must all learn to respect the opinions of others. No one here is in violation of the rules, no one is in trouble. Remember to stay on topic, and respect the views of each other, no matter how much they differ. 

Cheers,

-Aang

Edited by Shana09

Okay, I don't particularly like RWBY, but Firaga did nothing wrong here. He was just making some fair points, not bashing the series. He's not being a blind fanboy is all, and there's no need for people to be so disrespectful towards him simply for sharing his opinions. It's quite saddening to see people be so rude to someone just for sharing a few criticisms.

Well everyone attacks people who criticizes something they love.

It is simply human nature.

If I said I hated Sword Art Online, people would bash me about it too.

I am surprised the mods interfered because people yell at each other every day on here.

He didn't say anything negative though, he simply pointed out a few flaws. He didn't say he hated it. If someone pointed out flaws in something I liked, as long as they were being respectful about it (which Firaga was), I wouldn't attack them.

...can this thread go back to being about RWBY, not about trying to poke each other with very long, sharp sticks?

I'm just going to point out that Weiss was not out of character. It was a bit silly, yes, but Weiss was serious in her motive and when it comes to a small bit of comic relief in serious moments, scenes like this usually happen with a serious character. Weiss is trying her hardest to be a great team member and an even better friend. She doesn't have to be a pushy, snobby character who likes to boss people around all the time. That's stuff they spent the whole first Volume developing and improving upon.

I'm just going to point out that Weiss was not out of character. It was a bit silly, yes, but Weiss was serious in her motive and when it comes to a small bit of comic relief in serious moments, scenes like this usually happen with a serious character. Weiss is trying her hardest to be a great team member and an even better friend. She doesn't have to be a pushy, snobby character who likes to boss people around all the time. That's stuff they spent the whole first Volume developing and improving upon.

Guess not.