Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

I found this really good Summer Rose/ Cinder Fall Headcanon:

Red Like Roses speculation
Just some ideas I have about what the songs are about, and how they tie into the plot
pretty much just wild speculation
So red like roses, right?
Everyone thinks that the second person singing in Part 2 is Ruby’s mom, and I agree with that idea.
However, most people seem to think it’s Ruby’s mom singing ‘from the dead’, in a way, in that she’s reflecting on what she couldn’t do in life or that she’s lamenting what she put Ruby through.
Here’s my idea: Ruby’s mom is alive. Ruby’s mom is Cinder. Yep, I’m sticking with the idea that a lot of people had, and this is why.
Listening to the lyrics of Red like Roses Part 2, it doesn’t seem like it was written in a past, or regret sort of way. Well there are definitely regrets, it seems almost…warning like? Idk we’ll get to that in a bit.
My theory is that everyone told Ruby that her mother, Summer Rose, was killed. They (her father) told her that she was killed by someone who was ‘Red like Roses’ while she was patrolling the woods (or something idk). What actually happened was that Summer slipped into a criminal lifestyle and was no longer welcome around Ruby and their family. Why exactly this happened, I don’t know. Maybe she was always evil. I don’t know, but my theory is that Summer Rose became Cinder fall. This seems pretty far-fetched, and it is, but here’s why I think this.
First things first, in what I assume to be Ruby’s part of the song, she says:
i wasn’t dreaming when they told me you were gone
i was wide awake and feeling that they had to be wrong
Ruby was not there when Summer Rose died. She was told about it later. This is very important.
The rest of Ruby’s verse talks about how she’s not happy, how she’s plagued by the misery of the death of her mother.
i know you didn’t plan this
you tried to do what’s right
but in the middle of this madness
i’m the one you left to win this fight
Basically, Ruby is saying that (from her perspective, her thinking that someone killed Summer Rose) Summer didn’t plan to plague Ruby with this, that she was only trying to defend herself from an evil doer and failed, but that doesn’t matter because Ruby has to take it onto herself to fight for revenge of her mother’s killer, or to eradicate evil doers entirely.
There’s the first verse in Red Like Roses part one,
Red like Roses
Fills my dreams
And brings me to the place you rest
Take this back to a portion of the lyrics in Red Like Roses part 2,
red like roses
fills my head with dreams and finds me
always closer
to the emptiness and sadness
that has come to take the place of you
There’s this idea of nightmares and dreams throughout both songs, nightmares and dreams of “Red Like Roses”. Why would Ruby be plagued by ‘Red like Roses’? Because that’s the description of Summer’s killer, to her knowledge. She’s plagued by nightmares of it, of who it could be, and it motivates her to find this person. It’s these dreams, and nightmares of ‘Red like roses’ that bring her back to her mother’s grave.
BRING THIS BACK TO RED LIKE ROSES PART 2 AGAIN
every nightmare just discloses
it’s your blood that’s red like roses
‘Your blood’, i.e. your kindred, your relatives. They share the same blood.
Every nightmare that Ruby has is just telling her that it’s her blood that is red like roses, that the killer of her mother is her mother herself.
Let’s talk about Summer’s part in this song
i know you’re broken down by anger and by sadness
you feel I left you in a world that’s full of madness
wish i could talk to you if only for a minute
make you understand the reasons why i did it
She can’t talk to Ruby, because that would give the whole thing away. The whole charade.
i wanna tell you that you’re all that ever mattered
want you to know that for eternity i’m shattered
i tried so hard just to protect you but i failed to
and in a prison of abandonment i’ve jailed you
i never planned that i would leave you there alone
i was sure that i would see you when i made it back home
and all the times I swore that it would be okay
now i’m nothing but a liar and you’re thrown into the fray
Now this is where it gets fuzzy for me. I don’t know WHY Summer would join with the criminal organization- she wants to protect Ruby? Her family? Were they in some sort of trouble? I don’t know.
Maybe she was just a sketchy individual to begin with. Maybe she was like this before, and she thought that she could just come back home after her latest escapade.
Maybe she had to fight Qrow and Ozpin, and she was no longer welcome in that home.
The idea that she swore it would be okay, shows that things were not okay at the time she left. Maybe she owed something to a criminal empire and had to abandon Ruby? Maybe she just wanted Ruby to have a better life and left her and Yang with their father? I don’t know.
But she didn’t want to do it, initially. Or she was plagued with regrets at first.
this bedtime story ends with misery ever after
the pages are torn and there’s no final chapter
i didn’t have a choice I did what I had to do
i made a sacrifice but forced a bigger sacrifice on you
This story will not end happily. There is no possible happy ending here- if Ruby finds out about it, there won’t be a joyous reunion. There is no final chapter. This will end in tragedy.
She did what she had to do, but she realized her sacrifice caused tremendous pain for Ruby. This kind of hints that she was doing what she did (i.e. turning to illegality) for a legitimate reason- maybe she owed someone something, maybe she just wanted a better life for their family
i know you’ve lived a nightmare
i caused you so much pain
but baby please don’t do what i did
i don’t want you to waste your life in vain
Nightmare reference, again. Basically- she’s saying don’t go out for revenge. Don’t do it. Don’t waste your life looking for this revenge, when it will just be in vain when she finds out the truth.
you’re not the only one who needed me i thought you understood
you were the one i needed and you left me as I always feared you would
would I change it if i could?
it doesn’t matter how
the petals scatter now
Summer had other people to take care of, and she did what she had to for them. Ruby wasn’t her only motivation here, but she was the one who experienced the worst of it.
‘The petals scatter now’ their relationship, their bond is scattered. It’s done. It will never be returned.
My idea is that she was thinking all these things in her verse immediately after this all went down. But she has since stopped feeling this way, this regret.
She’s becoming more and more ruthless, more and more soulless.
The long short of it is: For whatever reason, Summer Rose needed to do some bad things and become a villain. Uncle Qrow, Ruby and Yang’s father, and others took care of Ruby and told her lies, that her mother had been killed by a stranger who was ‘Red as roses’, that they arrived too late to save her. They even went so far as to make a grave for her.
Ruby’s life is never the same. She’s plagued by nightmares of a stranger who is red like roses, killing her mother. She knows her mother wouldn’t have wanted it, but she is determined to take revenge against the killer. To do the right thing.
Summer is regretful, or was regretful of this. She doesn’t want Ruby to do that because it won’t be helpful. There will be no happy ending.
But the petals have been scattered- their fates on different sides of the heroic spectrum have been sealed.
There is no other way for this to end.
Also, we associate summer with heat, don’t we?
You know what else is hot?
Cinders, and flames.
What season comes after summer?
Fall.
And I think Yang knows all of this. She knows that Summer is really Cinder and that Summer didn’t die. So she’s trying to find Cinder, but she doesn’t tell this to Ruby at all. Maybe she overheard their father or someone talking about it? And that’s why she can’t tell anyone, because she’s not supposed to know? I don’t know. That could explain their bond- she is trying to protect Ruby, saying ‘don’t worry, I’ll take care of this.’ Maybe because the truth would be too painful for Ruby to handle, she’s trying to keep her from suffering any more than she has. Yang also might be the only one who knows about Ruby’s nightmares.
I believe that Qrow and Ozpin are keeping tabs on Cinder, because they both know the truth of the matter. And in the time since her original ‘disappearance’, Cinder has become more and more powerful. This could explain why Ozpin is always watching Ruby. Both he and Qrow are working to keep Cinder in check, and trying to make sure that Ruby doesn’t find out the truth.
Which, could mean that Ruby is making this quest for ‘revenge’ on her own. No one else knows of it but her. And I think that makes sense. Happy exterior, suffering interior.
If you are questioning why I brought Qrow into this, at the end of episode 16, Ozpin is exchanging texts with Qrow, ‘The queen has more pawns.’
Who is the queen they are referring to, I wonder?
And why is Qrow involved?
Hmmm hmmmm hmm

Edited by unLock

I found this really good Summer Rose/ Cinder Fall Headcanon:Red Like Roses speculationJust some ideas I have about what the songs are about, and how they tie into the plotpretty much just wild speculationSo red like roses, right?Everyone thinks that the second person singing in Part 2 is Ruby’s mom, and I agree with that idea.However, most people seem to think it’s Ruby’s mom singing ‘from the dead’, in a way, in that she’s reflecting on what she couldn’t do in life or that she’s lamenting what she put Ruby through.Here’s my idea: Ruby’s mom is alive. Ruby’s mom is Cinder. Yep, I’m sticking with the idea that a lot of people had, and this is why.Listening to the lyrics of Red like Roses Part 2, it doesn’t seem like it was written in a past, or regret sort of way. Well there are definitely regrets, it seems almost…warning like? Idk we’ll get to that in a bit.My theory is that everyone told Ruby that her mother, Summer Rose, was killed. They (her father) told her that she was killed by someone who was ‘Red like Roses’ while she was patrolling the woods (or something idk). What actually happened was that Summer slipped into a criminal lifestyle and was no longer welcome around Ruby and their family. Why exactly this happened, I don’t know. Maybe she was always evil. I don’t know, but my theory is that Summer Rose became Cinder fall. This seems pretty far-fetched, and it is, but here’s why I think this.First things first, in what I assume to be Ruby’s part of the song, she says:i wasn’t dreaming when they told me you were gonei was wide awake and feeling that they had to be wrongRuby was not there when Summer Rose died. She was told about it later. This is very important.The rest of Ruby’s verse talks about how she’s not happy, how she’s plagued by the misery of the death of her mother.i know you didn’t plan thisyou tried to do what’s rightbut in the middle of this madnessi’m the one you left to win this fightBasically, Ruby is saying that (from her perspective, her thinking that someone killed Summer Rose) Summer didn’t plan to plague Ruby with this, that she was only trying to defend herself from an evil doer and failed, but that doesn’t matter because Ruby has to take it onto herself to fight for revenge of her mother’s killer, or to eradicate evil doers entirely.There’s the first verse in Red Like Roses part one,Red like RosesFills my dreamsAnd brings me to the place you restTake this back to a portion of the lyrics in Red Like Roses part 2,red like rosesfills my head with dreams and finds mealways closerto the emptiness and sadnessthat has come to take the place of youThere’s this idea of nightmares and dreams throughout both songs, nightmares and dreams of “Red Like Roses”. Why would Ruby be plagued by ‘Red like Roses’? Because that’s the description of Summer’s killer, to her knowledge. She’s plagued by nightmares of it, of who it could be, and it motivates her to find this person. It’s these dreams, and nightmares of ‘Red like roses’ that bring her back to her mother’s grave.BRING THIS BACK TO RED LIKE ROSES PART 2 AGAINevery nightmare just disclosesit’s your blood that’s red like roses‘Your blood’, i.e. your kindred, your relatives. They share the same blood.Every nightmare that Ruby has is just telling her that it’s her blood that is red like roses, that the killer of her mother is her mother herself.Let’s talk about Summer’s part in this songi know you’re broken down by anger and by sadnessyou feel I left you in a world that’s full of madnesswish i could talk to you if only for a minutemake you understand the reasons why i did itShe can’t talk to Ruby, because that would give the whole thing away. The whole charade.i wanna tell you that you’re all that ever matteredwant you to know that for eternity i’m shatteredi tried so hard just to protect you but i failed toand in a prison of abandonment i’ve jailed youi never planned that i would leave you there alonei was sure that i would see you when i made it back homeand all the times I swore that it would be okaynow i’m nothing but a liar and you’re thrown into the frayNow this is where it gets fuzzy for me. I don’t know WHY Summer would join with the criminal organization- she wants to protect Ruby? Her family? Were they in some sort of trouble? I don’t know.Maybe she was just a sketchy individual to begin with. Maybe she was like this before, and she thought that she could just come back home after her latest escapade.Maybe she had to fight Qrow and Ozpin, and she was no longer welcome in that home.The idea that she swore it would be okay, shows that things were not okay at the time she left. Maybe she owed something to a criminal empire and had to abandon Ruby? Maybe she just wanted Ruby to have a better life and left her and Yang with their father? I don’t know.But she didn’t want to do it, initially. Or she was plagued with regrets at first.this bedtime story ends with misery ever afterthe pages are torn and there’s no final chapteri didn’t have a choice I did what I had to doi made a sacrifice but forced a bigger sacrifice on youThis story will not end happily. There is no possible happy ending here- if Ruby finds out about it, there won’t be a joyous reunion. There is no final chapter. This will end in tragedy.She did what she had to do, but she realized her sacrifice caused tremendous pain for Ruby. This kind of hints that she was doing what she did (i.e. turning to illegality) for a legitimate reason- maybe she owed someone something, maybe she just wanted a better life for their familyi know you’ve lived a nightmarei caused you so much painbut baby please don’t do what i didi don’t want you to waste your life in vainNightmare reference, again. Basically- she’s saying don’t go out for revenge. Don’t do it. Don’t waste your life looking for this revenge, when it will just be in vain when she finds out the truth.you’re not the only one who needed me i thought you understoodyou were the one i needed and you left me as I always feared you wouldwould I change it if i could?it doesn’t matter howthe petals scatter nowSummer had other people to take care of, and she did what she had to for them. Ruby wasn’t her only motivation here, but she was the one who experienced the worst of it.‘The petals scatter now’ their relationship, their bond is scattered. It’s done. It will never be returned.My idea is that she was thinking all these things in her verse immediately after this all went down. But she has since stopped feeling this way, this regret.She’s becoming more and more ruthless, more and more soulless.The long short of it is: For whatever reason, Summer Rose needed to do some bad things and become a villain. Uncle Qrow, Ruby and Yang’s father, and others took care of Ruby and told her lies, that her mother had been killed by a stranger who was ‘Red as roses’, that they arrived too late to save her. They even went so far as to make a grave for her.Ruby’s life is never the same. She’s plagued by nightmares of a stranger who is red like roses, killing her mother. She knows her mother wouldn’t have wanted it, but she is determined to take revenge against the killer. To do the right thing.Summer is regretful, or was regretful of this. She doesn’t want Ruby to do that because it won’t be helpful. There will be no happy ending.But the petals have been scattered- their fates on different sides of the heroic spectrum have been sealed.There is no other way for this to end.Also, we associate summer with heat, don’t we?You know what else is hot?Cinders, and flames.What season comes after summer?Fall.And I think Yang knows all of this. She knows that Summer is really Cinder and that Summer didn’t die. So she’s trying to find Cinder, but she doesn’t tell this to Ruby at all. Maybe she overheard their father or someone talking about it? And that’s why she can’t tell anyone, because she’s not supposed to know? I don’t know. That could explain their bond- she is trying to protect Ruby, saying ‘don’t worry, I’ll take care of this.’ Maybe because the truth would be too painful for Ruby to handle, she’s trying to keep her from suffering any more than she has. Yang also might be the only one who knows about Ruby’s nightmares.I believe that Qrow and Ozpin are keeping tabs on Cinder, because they both know the truth of the matter. And in the time since her original ‘disappearance’, Cinder has become more and more powerful. This could explain why Ozpin is always watching Ruby. Both he and Qrow are working to keep Cinder in check, and trying to make sure that Ruby doesn’t find out the truth.Which, could mean that Ruby is making this quest for ‘revenge’ on her own. No one else knows of it but her. And I think that makes sense. Happy exterior, suffering interior.If you are questioning why I brought Qrow into this, at the end of episode 16, Ozpin is exchanging texts with Qrow, ‘The queen has more pawns.’Who is the queen they are referring to, I wonder?And why is Qrow involved?Hmmm hmmmm hmm

first off. that was a mothering mouthful; and I appreciate that. and as the #1 RWBY fanboy I shall answer best as I can.

First off I agree that red like roses refers to rubys mom. HOWVER. Cinder cant be rubys mom. The only time rubys mom is mentioned is in episode 1 when ruby says: And our parents always taught us to help others sooo I thought may as well make a career about it. Soo we know rubys mom told her to help people....doesn't sound like cinder also there is the fact that ruby saw cinder. it may have just been her silhouette however its still her mom. people would recognize their mother. There is a grave for a reason. her moms dead. (maybe, it could be a friend or something, we cant rule out any real possibilities) as for why Qrow is involved: I think its clear that Ozpin and Qrow where on a team. Its also clear that Ozpin is wise beyond his years, (ozpin is to Dumbledore as beacon is to Hogwarts) I believe he has been aware of an evil stirring lately that may be related to one of his "mistakes" he mentioned. Now being on the same team where you tell eachother everything Qrow probably knows about these mistakes and Ozpin has probably shared his idea as to whats going on in vale. So they are talking about Cinder (the queen) and roman and the white fang (the pawns) and they are decideing their next course of action. Now im going to do something I don't like to do: make an assumption: and here it is: Ozpin believes the key to victory against these forces of darkness is Ruby Rose, he made her leader, he watches her progress and he pays her a lot of attention. I don't know why I think this but it might be because shes related to Qrow, because he weilds a scythe, or because she has silver eyes. Maybe its both because these are things Ozpin notices (he says so aloud) and becomes interested in. wow I said a lot. anyway this is what I think.....*sip* 

first off. that was a mothering mouthful; and I appreciate that. and as the #1 RWBY fanboy I shall answer best as I can.

First off I agree that red like roses refers to rubys mom. HOWVER. Cinder cant be rubys mom. The only time rubys mom is mentioned is in episode 1 when ruby says: And our parents always taught us to help others sooo I thought may as well make a career about it. Soo we know rubys mom told her to help people....doesn't sound like cinder also there is the fact that ruby saw cinder. it may have just been her silhouette however its still her mom. people would recognize their mother. There is a grave for a reason. her moms dead. (maybe, it could be a friend or something, we cant rule out any real possibilities) as for why Qrow is involved: I think its clear that Ozpin and Qrow where on a team. Its also clear that Ozpin is wise beyond his years, (ozpin is to Dumbledore as beacon is to Hogwarts) I believe he has been aware of an evil stirring lately that may be related to one of his "mistakes" he mentioned. Now being on the same team where you tell eachother everything Qrow probably knows about these mistakes and Ozpin has probably shared his idea as to whats going on in vale. So they are talking about Cinder (the queen) and roman and the white fang (the pawns) and they are decideing their next course of action. Now im going to do something I don't like to do: make an assumption: and here it is: Ozpin believes the key to victory against these forces of darkness is Ruby Rose, he made her leader, he watches her progress and he pays her a lot of attention. I don't know why I think this but it might be because shes related to Qrow, because he weilds a scythe, or because she has silver eyes. Maybe its both because these are things Ozpin notices (he says so aloud) and becomes interested in. wow I said a lot. anyway this is what I think.....*sip* 

Not only, Ruby Rose but he also has a huge interested in Jaune as well, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for him and Team JNPR.

Go team JNPR!! The Leg Breakers!!

Not only, Ruby Rose but he also has a huge interested in Jaune as well, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for him and Team JNPR.

Go team JNPR!! The Leg Breakers!!

That's right! we can forget about the hero in training... ya know... he needs his own song.... not a joke song like bow chika bow wow for tucker or dounut the musical. and actual RWBY song.... I would love that.

Haha they added the Boop at the end! that made my day!

For Volume 2 you know who I'm excited to come back? This guy.

Posted Image

What will he do when he meets with Blake again?, Will he help her, help RWBY?! He must be part of the White Fang! Or did he leave?! Will he get jealous over of Sun? Monty says he comes back stronger... HOW MUCH STRONGER?! So many questions to be answer >: (

Someone like adam would hate to work with humans... I wonder what he thinks of Roman

Haha they added the Boop at the end! that made my day!

For Volume 2 you know who I'm excited to come back? This guy.

Posted Image

What will he do when he meets with Blake again?, Will he help her, help RWBY?! He must be part of the White Fang! Or did he leave?! Will he get jealous over of Sun? Monty says he comes back stronger... HOW MUCH STRONGER?! So many questions to be answer >: (

Or will Adam find the book Blake has secretly been reading?.... xD

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

See almost every character in RWBY is based off of some figure. (except for the NPR of JNPR, idk where those guys came from.)

Ruby is Red Riding Hood.

Weiss is Snow White. 

Blake is Beauty and the Beast.

Yang is Goldilocks.

Jaune is Joan of Arc.

Cardin is Cardinal Winchester, the bishop that executed Joan of Arc.

Torchwick's design is based off of Clockwork Orange.

Sun Wukong is the name of a character in Journey to the West, a Chinese Novel.

Ozpin is Oz.

Glynda is Glynda Goodwitch from Oz.

Velvet is the Velveteen Rabbit.

Professor Oobleck is based off of Bartholomew and the Oobleck from Dr. Suess.

Cinder Fall, the bad witch at the end of the last episode, may be Cinderella. 

Penny is Pinnochio.

See almost every character in RWBY is based off of some figure. (except for the NPR of JNPR, idk where those guys came from.)

Ruby is Red Riding Hood.

Weiss is Snow White. 

Blake is Beauty and the Beast.

Yang is Goldilocks.

Jaune is Joan of Arc.

Cardin is Cardinal Winchester, the bishop that executed Joan of Arc.

Torchwick's design is based off of Clockwork Orange.

Sun Wukong is the name of a character in Journey to the West, a Chinese Novel.

Ozpin is Oz.

Glynda is Glynda Goodwitch from Oz.

Velvet is the Velveteen Rabbit.

Professor Oobleck is based off of Bartholomew and the Oobleck from Dr. Suess.

Cinder Fall, the bad witch at the end of the last episode, may be Cinderella. 

Penny is Pinnochio.

I was thinking Cinder might be the wicked witch.....

Nora is Thor....

according to Monty during the commentary Pyrra's will be noticeable during vol 2

I was thinking Cinder might be the wicked witch.....

Nora is Thor....

according to Monty during the commentary Pyrra's will be noticeable during vol 2

Oh, I forgot about Nora's, thanks!

But Cinder could've been a good guy at one point, keep that in mind!