Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
FallnFeather

Text Quick help?

I'm doing some writing for class and I've come to a dilemma.

In the area I'm writing up now I want it to be envisioned as the.... weird white/blue/purple that canvases the inside of Castle Oblivion, but I'm not sure how exactly to describe it accurately without involving Kingdom Hearts. Anybody have any ideas?

Edited by FallnFeather

Catching colors with words can be tricksy. Sometimes it's easier to describe everything it isn't than what it is. Playing around with what something isn't can be very thought provoking. You could also describe the way the color makes you feel, or a thing it is similar to.

For me, the inside of castle oblivion was lonely. When there weren't nobodies or heartless bothering you, it was just this big, deep, lonesome blank. Not sure what other peoples impressions were, though. Good luck with that! http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/happy.png

Hey, I looked up a list of different named colors from all across the spectrum. I'm not sure you're looking for a name, or rather a description, but hopefully this can help :) :

http://www.colorsche...0-named-colors/

Wikipedia's got a good list too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors

Edited by Jason1

First I should kinda explain the assignment I'm supposed to write up my own rendering of hell and compare to the one of Dante's Inferno. And I'll just send the whole paragraph..

Perhaps it says something bad of my opinion of the place, but I’ve canvased my hell to be something of a tight school hallway; not in the terms of being packed with others, but simply a confining, small expanse of area. I liken it to nightmare some people have; the one where the halls of walls and doors go on forever never to make it to the end. The silence is not one to be found as pleasant. It’s filled by the type of eerie silence that sends jolts of unease through the body and a premonition that things aren’t as they seem. The silence, unlike the fore shadowed worry, can be given a name. It resonates and resounds with the color of these barren walls; Ghost white.

First I should kinda explain the assignment I'm supposed to write up my own rendering of hell and compare to the one of Dante's Inferno. And I'll just send the whole paragraph..

Perhaps it says something bad of my opinion of the place, but I’ve canvased my hell to be something of a tight school hallway; not in the terms of being packed with others, but simply a confining, small expanse of area. I liken it to nightmare some people have; the one where the halls of walls and doors go on forever never to make it to the end. The silence is not one to be found as pleasant. It’s filled by the type of eerie silence that sends jolts of unease through the body and a premonition that things aren’t as they seem. The silence, unlike the fore shadowed worry, can be given a name. It resonates and resounds with the color of these barren walls; Ghost white.

When you wanted to envision CO without making it KH-related, I couldn't help but think about a divine ,empty, church-hallway hybrid. Endless corridors, doors within doors, mesmorizing colors, high ceilings, basically insanity.