Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
LordOfTheCastle

KH2 Armored Xemnas and No Heart: Keyblade Armor?

As many of you know, during part of the fight with Xemnas at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, he dons a suit of armor covered in Nobody sigils and crowns, as seen here:

Posted Image

The sword he uses looks like Lexaeus's Axe Sword:

Posted Image

However, the final boss of the Mirage Arena in Birth by Sleep Final Mix, No Heart (clearly "Xehanort"), wears the same exact armor right down to the last detail.

Posted Image

The only difference is that he's also wielding Master Xehanort's Keyblade.

Posted Image

Now, all of that is fairly obvious from the start. My question is: Is the armor that No Heart wears the Keyblade Armor of Master Xehanort? And, if so, how is it that Xemnas is able to don his old Keyblade Armor, but has clearly lost his ability to wield a keyblade?

I just find the similarities interesting, but I can't really figure out how Xemnas was able to take that form.

Any ideas KH13? :)

Plotholes ftw.

I'm guessing that as the superior of the in between, he was able to create any type of armor he wanted, and made one based on his keyblade armor. The armor he has there isn't necessarily the original keyblade armor.

On another note: Wow, Nomura, even suits of armor have unnecessary belts. I mean, seriously, not only are there TWO belts on a suit of ARMOR, they're just FLOATING there around his waste.

Meh, its still badass.

Edited by deathrebirthsenshi

Nomura already stated that maybe he could wield one but chose not to for reasons ...Also , in KH2 final battle with him in armor he actually utilizes more than Lexeaus' sword axe ..He utilizes many of the org members weapons .Its actually pretty cool to see.

Edited by Flaming Lea

Well I believe Xemnas is capable of using a keyblade but chooses not to.

I seriously doubt he lost the ability to weild a keyblade, considering he lied about everything else.

I suppose that's always a possibility. It was suggested when Xehanort stabbed himself with his own keyblade, yelling "Get out of my heart!" he lost his memories, and thus the ability to wield the keyblade.

On the other hand, Xehanort/Xemnas does have the Chamber of Repose that he sits in to regain the memories he lost. By the end of Kingdom Hearts II, I guess it's possible that he'd spent enough time in there to remember what he used to be, and decide to take that form.

Nomura already stated that maybe he could wield one but chose not to for reasons ...Also , in KH2 final battle with him in armor he actually utilizes more than Lexeaus' sword axe ..He utilizes many of the org members weapons .Its actually pretty cool to see.

Yeah, he uses Demyx's water things and Xaldin's Lances and such. I actually beat the game, I was just using that image to show that it was, in fact, not a keyblade ^^

Well actually as AX he was able to use the keyblade. He used it to make everyone nobodies and such

I was thinking about that. Braig even questions if he lost his memory at all, then he tells him his name is Ansem. It's a bit of a bizarre scene, but you're right that it's clearly before the organization existed because of how young Ienzo was.

Now this is just confusing me more, because I didn't pay as much attention to that cutscene before, and I thought that was after everyone turned back into humans again.

So clearly, he had the ability to use the keyblade when he was already Xemnas (if Xemnas being No. 1 and Xigbar being No. 2 is actually indicative of the order in which they became nobodies, which it seems to be) but decides to use ethereal blades later on. Why would he not want to use a weapon he had already mastered, that could unlock people's hearts?

Either way they only time that chronologically we ever see this armor is in kh2 , because it isnt real in the mirage arena

Heh, you're right about that, I guess the Mirage Arena sort of speaks for itself ^^

I was thinking about that. Braig even questions if he lost his memory at all, then he tells him his name is Ansem. It's a bit of a bizarre scene, but you're right that it's clearly before the organization existed because of how young Ienzo was.

Now this is just confusing me more, because I didn't pay as much attention to that cutscene before, and I thought that was after everyone turned back into humans again.

So clearly, he had the ability to use the keyblade when he was already Xemnas (if Xemnas being No. 1 and Xigbar being No. 2 is actually indicative of the order in which they became nobodies, which it seems to be) but decides to use ethereal blades later on. Why would he not want to use a weapon he had already mastered, that could unlock people's hearts?

Heh, you're right about that, I guess the Mirage Arena sort of speaks for itself ^^

.. That stabbing scene was defintely a flashback to when they lost their hearts..He would hide it because he was trying to hide his true intentions to make all the members into "norts".. He lied and manipulated all of them to suit his purpose .They all thought they were working to get their hearts back .Except Xigbar who knew all along the master plan .

.. That stabbing scene was defintely a flashback to when they lost their hearts..He would hide it because he was trying to hide his true intentions to make all the members into "norts".. He lied and manipulated all of them to suit his purpose .They all thought they were working to get their hearts back .Except Xigbar who knew all along the master plan .

True enough, but why would revealing that he had a Keyblade ruin his plans? It seemed sort of counter-intuitive to me to recruit Roxas, attempt to replicate Sora, and attempt to possess Sora all in an effort to get somebody with a keyblade to destroy the heartless for him, when he could have done it himself all along. Although I suppose his plan did take into consideration everything that happened from BBS to KH3D because Ansem told him on the islands.

True enough, but why would revealing that he had a Keyblade ruin his plans? It seemed sort of counter-intuitive to me to recruit Roxas, attempt to replicate Sora, and attempt to possess Sora all in an effort to get somebody with a keyblade to destroy the heartless for him, when he could have done it himself all along. Although I suppose his plan did take into consideration everything that happened from BBS to KH3D because Ansem told him on the islands.

Well for one , some of this new plot was defintely retconned . Two Nomura said he prolly chose to not use it for reasons . He didnt go into detail so we can only presume . One could guess it mighta lead to other members second guessing his real intentions since he was telling them they were building KH to get their hearts back when that turned out to be not true ...You are suppose to need a heart to wield and they werent aware they could actually regrow one ..Xemnas stated they had started to do this which would allow him to use one . Roxas was a special nobody so he was always an exception from the start .

Well for one , some of this new plot was defintely retconned . Two Nomura said he prolly chose to not use it for reasons . He didnt go into detail so we can only presume . One could guess it mighta lead to other members second guessing his real intentions since he was telling them they were building KH to get their hearts back when that turned out to be not true ...You are suppose to need a heart to wield and they werent aware they could actually regrow one ..Xemnas stated they had started to do this which would allow him to use one . Roxas was a special nobody so he was always an exception from the start .

Haha yeah, once time travel is brought into the mix it gets really easy to retcon. Which is kind of a shame because the story of Kingdom Hearts seems brilliant without the retconning. The two main offenders are definitely Young Xehanort and Xion.

But anyway, I do sort of remember them mentioning something about needing a heart to wield a keyblade, and I also remember the fact that the nobodies have hearts as well (358/2 days makes that pretty clear, even before they actually tell you).

That ties up most of the loose ends I was seeing though. Thanks for helping me out :)

Haha yeah, once time travel is brought into the mix it gets really easy to retcon. Which is kind of a shame because the story of Kingdom Hearts seems brilliant without the retconning. The two main offenders are definitely Young Xehanort and Xion.

But anyway, I do sort of remember them mentioning something about needing a heart to wield a keyblade, and I also remember the fact that the nobodies have hearts as well (358/2 days makes that pretty clear, even before they actually tell you).

That ties up most of the loose ends I was seeing though. Thanks for helping me out :)

No problem my friend :)

Something everybody seems to forget: It's not KEYBLADE armour. The armour has nothing to do with a keyblade. People always mix that up because the keyblade gliders are made from a keyblade... but the armour is essentially just another form of black cloak, used to protect someone from the darkness.

There's no reason why Xemnas would lose access to it

LOL twin day!

Maybe the Keyblade went to a different person. Riku was originally supposed to have the Keyblade but his darkness proved too great, so it moved on to Sora. Perhaps the same happened with Xemnas? After all, the whole beginning of the Xehanort thing started before Xemnas took shape, giving time for the Keyblade to change its mind but leave his powers and allow him to use some traces of it. While Xemnas's armor/cloak thing does look like No Heart's, I don't think it's Keybalde armor...because you'd need your Keyblade in hand to access it right? Xemnas is wielding a sword like Lexaeus, Demyx's water powers and Xaldin's lances.

Then again......he could be waiting to mindblow us in the next game with some crazy twist about his missing Keyblade. An ethereal blade wielding Keyblade slinging Xemnas......not good for anybody O.o