Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH1 Today marks the 10th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts in North America

10 years already.0-0 wow

when a was little in Europe i din,t cet the game because i didin,t had the ps2

but le,s hope it will be 100 years.

The first time I played KH, I borrowed it from my friends cousin. I played it in the same day, when I returned to my house. I first saw about the series, in the truth about KHDays, in a magazine called "Recreio", in a section about games. It was saying about a game that units FF and Disney characters. I always liked FF, since my brother played it on PSX, but didn't liked the Disney idea. Thought it was for children. To tell the truth I tought Roxas was Cloud xD. Other day I saw KH1 to buy, but don't got it. I tought it was the same game of the magazine LoL So, on september 27, the birthday of my best friend's cousin, I borrowed the game. Since that happened, las year, never stopped playing. Got KH1 (that to tell the truth, didn't worked the first time I bought and I even cried!!!! really wanted to know the start of the story), KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KH2FM, Days Re:Coded, but still didn't got BbS. Also, didn't played Days and Coded because I don't have a DS and an emulator doesn't work on my computer. And I think I will be able to buy a 3DS just in 2014.

That all began last year... but even that I'm not a long time fan I believe KH is the best game series I've ever played. My dream is to be a Game Developer, and, who knows, someday even work in something related to the series. Although, that will be reaaaaaaaly hard, almost impossible. But it doesn't hurt to dream, does it? That's my story... Short, don't ya think?

I have really really bad chronic migraines, i have had the same migraine all day every day for 22 months now, but i have had chronic migraines and been really sick since i was 7, around when i started playing Kingdom Hearts, it has always been my favorite game series by a WIDE margin, i have had 4 doctors QUIT treating me as a patient because i wasn't getting better and they were angry about it, i now have 3 doctors, i don't do much outside my house because light and sound is really painful and i can't control the outside world, ever since this 22 month migraine started i have been taking out of life, i go to doctors more than anything, i take ton a meds a day, 11 different meds, and i take about 21 pills a day, all 3 of my doctors are constantly checking my mental status aka, making sure i am not depressed, they expect me to be to a certain degree because i am so sick, but i have never actually gotten depressed because as i have gotten sicker, i bought a PSP for Birth By Sleep, and a 3DS for 358 2 Days and Re. Coded, (also so i can play video games while laying down or in my living room) i play through all the Kingdom Hearts games constantly, since this specific migraine started and i was in my room more i noticed how white the walls were, so i bought 1 Kingdom Hearts poster, then 2, and now a whole corner of my whole is coated with custom made Kingdom Hearts posters and Printed Kingdom Hearts Pictures, i have 12 custom made kingdom hearts posters, that i ordered of eBay, for $5 or $10 each, and 5 Pictures printed out on nice a nice high quality color printer and a high quality paper, i love every one, i love Kingdom Hearts so much that i play it hours a day, and without Kingdom Hearts to play every day i would probably play something else, but i wouldn't play it nearly as much, i wouldn't have nearly as much fun, and i would be so into the story, i play Kingdom Hearts anywhere and everywhere, when i feel ok or really bad, because i love and it distracts me from the pain of the migraine, when i was in the hospital i played nothing but Kingdom Hearts all day to keep me happy and distracted, without Kingdom Hearts i don't know how i would deal with the pain, but all i know is that i love Kingdom Hearts and i would play video games nearly as much without the series. 10 Years, wow

I was seven or so when I played my first kingdom hearts games. That was ten years ago now. It was an adventure like one I never experienced before. When I finally got to the final boss, my playstation broke and all I could think of was how the story would end. The days went on, but it was still a part of my life. When I finally got around to beating it I cried, not because the ending was so sad, but because I knew I would never experience the same joy and feeling of adventure like that for the rest of my life. To this day that has remained the case, but with each new installment I am reminded of that bittersweet moment.

The first time I heard of Kingdom Hearts I was around 8 and believe it or not I actually hated it because I thought it looked just silly than a few months later my friend bought it and I was over at his house and he started playing it and I started watching him and started to change my mind and was like ok this is a really good looking game, so the next time I went to a place to buy games I asked my mom to buy me the game and I played it and loved it and instintly became a big fan of SoKai, and I will always remember the part where you are going to face Riku possed by Ansem that I always died against him, and then I finally beat him and was all yes and than Sora stabed himself and I as like WHAT!?!?!? but than he came back and played the rest of the game and couldn't wait for the no doubt sequal, played CoM loved it as well but I do love Re:CoM better lol and then 2 came out and dear lord it was great and all the other games are so great really the only systems I needed to buy to play the games was a PSP and a 3DS but I'm so glad I was introduced to this game series it is by far one of my favoite ones and one of the ones I am like really obbesed with it can't wait for 10 more years with even more great games.

I was eight when my dad got me KH:COM.

I fell in love with it, and withing a month of playing it I realized I had to play KH1 to understand anything at all. xD

That year, I got KH1 from my dad as well, but since I was unable to finish it, I ended up watching the ending online.

I will admit, I got a little teary eyed.

After that, the next year my dad got me KH2.

I had almost finished when that year, my dad died.

I finished KH2 and couldn't bring myself to play the games after that.

Fast forward a few years, I notice BBS on store shelves, and I decide to watch the beginning of a play-through on Youtube.

Then began my dive into KH fandom.

I played KH1 3 times: once by myself, once with my neighbor, and once with my cousins.

Then again with COM,

and then AGAIN with KH2.

I watched playthroughs of BBS, 358/2 Days, and Re:coded on Youtube, and this year I got BBS and watched a KH3D playthrough on Youtube.

KH is, without a doubt, the BEST video game series ever.

Because of it, I took up art, writing, music, and creativity in general, and it's made my life that much better.

Because of KH, my aspiration is to one day be a video game designer and work at Square Enix along Nomura. ^^

I was 10 or 11(most likely 10) when I saw my cousin playing KH for the first time. My cousin was the one who got me into video games, in the first place. I saw him playing Sonic Adventure 2 and I was hooked. Anyway, I walked in while he was grinding on Destiny Islands, fighting against the hordes of shadows. I've always been into dark themes and such(I don't know why) so the shadows really caught my attention. The gameplay looked really fun, so I guess I asked my dad for it(I think) this was a long time ago. But, that Christmas, he bought my brother and I Kingdom Hearts. I wouldn't say that at the time I was a huge Kingdom Hearts fan, but I definitely loved this game. Then I happened upon Chain of Memories in some store, I don't even remember where. I got it and I liked the story enough to beat Sora's side, but the gameplay was a real turn off for me. I never was a huge fan of portable games. Then I found out that Kingdom Hearts 2 was out and my brother and I got it. My brother played it first(probably because of the bitter taste of Chain of Memories that was left in my mouth lol) I watched him play through Roxas' story and that was when I realized that I would forever be a fan of this series. Once I beat KH 2, I began researching and keeping up with the series to make sure that I wouldn't miss any information about any upcoming games. xD

I was like 8, i remember it was a few days after my birthday. My parents said one more present had come for me, Kingdom Hearts. (1) It wasn't from my parents. I asked them who it was from, but i cant remember what they said. it was like fate. I can honestly say kingdom hearts has significantly changed my life forever. I know im guy, but im gonna go out and say it: I firetrucking cried when i finished the game. And just as sad was the ending to number 2.

I was about 9 when I first played Kingdom Hearts 2. I saw the cover in my local Target and I said, "MOM, this game has Goofy on the cover, can we get it?" I ended up getting the game and when I put the disc in I was confused as fudge. I didn't know who or what Roxas, Riku, Traverse Town, The Keyhole, or Sora were. After finishing the game , I realized that there were 2 more games that I missed. I rented Kingdom Hearts 1 and Re:COM later when I was 11. I saw how much of a fun story this was. I decided to stick with the gang and have played every Kingdom Hearts since number 1. I remember that Kingdom Hearts 3D was the first Kingdom Hearts that I was really excited for. I waited for a whole year since the beta trailer and I finally got it. I finished it and unlocked my first ever secret ending. Kingdom Hearts is my FAVORITE series of all time and it always will be. I know that Sora's story is almost over, but whoever the next keyblade wielder is...........................he better kick ass.

Man time flies. I remember getting the game and not playing it. The disc eventually broke and later on I got back into the series thanks to the mangas. I was too young to appreciate Kh1 and KH2 for the amazing games that they were though, but I liked them anyways. My parents surprised me with CoM one Christmas and I loved it. When I heard about Days I was so excited. Finally! A true KH experience on the go! I got it on my birthday and played it nonstop, always thinking, What a great game! This is incredible! BBS came along afterwards, and my excitement doubled! 'Days was a KH experience no doubt, but BBS! That'll definetely be a TRUE experience!' Seriously, I was so hyped for BBS i had a dream where the clerk in GameStop gave me a copy of the game months before it released. I even put Japenese footage of the game onto my PSP and pretended to play it. BBS was the first game I ever bought day 1. Also the first game I ever forked over 40 bucks for (totally worth it btw). Again, I played it, and loved it! Re:Coded came out and although I wasnt as excited for this as I was for BBS, I enjoyed it and thought it to be a pretty entertaining game. The DDD arrived but I just wasn't as hyped for the game as I was for BBS. Still, I played it and enjoyed it greatly. These past 10 gaming years have been a blast thanks to Kingdom Hearts. I haven't ever followed a videogame series as closely as this one. Kingdom Hearts is without a doubt, my favorite videogame series. Every KH game has been a great one in my eyes. Sure they have their flaws and I acknowledge them when I play them over again, but they don't ruint the experience at all for me. I'll probably keep playing Kingdom Hearts as long as they keep making the games.

When i was 7 my buddy maddy showed me the Kingdom hearts book at barns and nobles and when i saw it had goofy on it i ran strait to my mom and begged her to get it for me and she did. as soon as i got into the car i started to read it and when i got home i was done and said " Mom i need to go to the book store again!" of cores she said no. then one day me and maddy where at Sams and she was telling me that they had a game for it and i flipped out. We dident have any money to get so i did the second best thing I went on youtube and watch all the walk through. I stated up to date and got on the website every day to make shore i dident miss a thing. And when i was 11 i got my first kingdom hearts game and it was birth by sleep and now i have all but tow games and i can tell you every thing about the charters. All thanks tow my best est buddy in the world.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!! It has been part of my life ever since I was 9 and I still love it. The first game I got was Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days and I thought Roxas was the main character in all the series. Then I started to learn that Sora was actually the main guy and I was like I got to get a ps2! man this is awesome

http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png Happy Birthday Kingdom Hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, this is the game that I spend the most time playing on. This game has changed me ever since I started playing the series. This was also the very first time I actually cried after finishing the game. I spent at least half an hour curled up in a ball, crying :P

This will always be my favorite game, and I would like to thank Nomura for creating such a fascinating game :3

I love kingdom hearts!!!!!!!!!!

I started late in the series, about right when re:coded came out, and at first when I saw the commercial I thought it looked dumb, but the next day I was humming something and I couldnt get it out of my head. The song I was humming was Simple and Clean. After looking it up on youtube and watching a million tributes to Kingdom Hearts I decided to give it a try and I couldnt have been more right. The game was absolutley magniicent and after that about everyday simple and clean was at the top of all my playlist, I watched playthroughs of all the kh games and I even started to write fanfiction about it.

I couldnt ask for a more better game series than kingdom hearts the only thing that comes even close if final fantasy 7 games series. But its still not gonna beat kingdom hearts.

Wow 10 years....but I've only been a part of it for the last 3 >A<

Anyway xD I vaguely remember seeing a commercial on Disney for KH2 one time a while back, when it came out. I bought a used disc for my brother as a birthday present a year or 2 later, thinking he would like it because there were Disney characters on the cover (we're Disney nuts). Honestly I thought it looked really stupid when I first picked it up because I had never seen anime or manga characters before, especially mixed with Disney characters. So I gave it to him and after that day we never saw it again.

Fast Forward to 2010 my sophomore year in high school. On Christmas Eve, my brother and I were waiting to open presents before going to bed. My parents were cleaning up dinner so it was taking fooorreeevverrrrr. I got really bored and decided to busy myself in the basement with the PS2 I never used before. I was looking around our shelves for a decent game and found tucked away in the way back corner KH2. I was like hmm Disney....why not give this a try. Whelp 2 hours later, my parents and brother practically had to drag me up from the basement to go to bed (and there started my KH obsession). I remember being soooooooo confused and actually connected with Roxas though that xD I couldn't get to sleep that night because I was fascinated by the story. I also remember getting teary eyed while listening and watching the opening......not sure why....I thought it was beautiful music and felt connected with it right away. After finishing it 3 months later, I realized there was a KH1 and Re: CoM.....so I bought those for myself and jacked KH2 from my brother (who never played it and was going to trade it in).

After that magical adventure, I played though KH1 and Re: CoM. Late that year/the next year, I bought BbS as a birthday present for myself (my mom's treat :D ) I was so happy and freaked out when Re: Coded came out as I just finished playing BbS. So I got that one for myself and realized afterward there was yet another game, 358/2 Days. I got that for Christmas my junior year in high school. Finally, this past summer, I got Dream Drop Distance as a birthday present :DDDD

So yup, KH has definitely played a HUGE part in my life. It changed the way I see the world and how I view friendship. You have a special bond to the people you care about and nothing can ever tear it apart. Even though you're not together, you'll always be able to see them whenever you want. Just look into your heart. It also pushed me to pick up piano playing again (which I was losing interest in because of lack of music...now most of what I play is KH). Then I created my own way of cartooning from seeing the art and combining it with my usual cartooning. I actually met my 2 very best friends through this game. I was in study hall after our winter break (still playing KH2 at the time) and mentioned to someone what I did over break....fight black blobs of shadows with a key xD This person popped in and said omg wait are you talking about KH?!?! Later that day, I met my 2nd best friend though the 1st and we couldn't shut up. Now we're best friends and always spend time with each other.

After all the lunches and summers we spent playing in the BbS Mirage Arena, goofing off about the stories, challenging each other in Re: Coded datascape floors, and just talking, we became inseparable. All 3 of us are now seniors and will soon move off to far away places. I cry when thinking about this but I also thank Sqaure Enix, Disney, or anyone/thing else that influenced this journey in my life, between darkness and light :) Now whenever I hear the KH2 version of Dearly Beloved, I cry Cx

Just realized how much I typed....O.O.....my bad xD