Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Weedanort

My first time in a funeral :/

Yesterday, the grandmother of my cousin died out of cancer.

I knew her personnaly, because when I was young, I spent days with her when my parents went abroad.

It's been more than 3 years since I saw her (family problems), and I really don't know what to do or say when I see her tommorrow in the coffin.

I've never been in a funeral, so I really don't know what to do.

Has anyone here ever been in a funeral?

I have been to two.

My first ever was my father's. I was 17. He was the one who raised me, all by himself. Things...changed to say the least.

The second was my grandmother's earlier this year. I hadn't seen her in awhile, except for the month before she died. We knew she was going, she had stopped eatting and speaking but every week my cousins and I would go to the home and hold her hand. The last time we saw her, she didn't seem to recognise any of us, except for one brief moment when she looked at me and her eyes lit up and she smiled, brought my hand feebly to her mouth and kissed it like she liked to do.

Happenstance would have it that my new workplace is literally RIGHT next to the cemetery where they remains are buried. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I completely forget. I don't visit them much to be honest, even though I should. It's...hard for me to handle still. Even though it's been five year since I lost my dad...I know I'll never be over it. I'm happy for my grandmother though...and oddly jealous. She gets to be with her little boy again, and I've a long time yet to wait to be with my daddy again...

Um, quite a few, yeah. Just sit there and remember the good times. And try not to laugh if you remember something funny about them.

It depends on the family. That's all we did and my dad's viewing; laugh and share silly stories. That was the sort of guy he was, and he wouldn't have wanted us to just sit there being sad. I find funerals should be a celebration of their life, not a mourning of their death.

Edited by Kirux

Death is a natural part of life. Sadness also is a part of it... but in my opinion i don`t think that our beloved ones would wnat us to be sad about them, just try to remember the good things and moments that you spend with them...

I have been to two.

My first ever was my father's. I was 17. He was the one who raised me, all by himself. Things...changed to say the least.

The second was my grandmother's earlier this year. I hadn't seen her in awhile, except for the month before she died. We knew she was going, she had stopped eatting and speaking but every week my cousins and I would go to the home and hold her hand. The last time we saw her, she didn't seem to recognise any of us, except for one brief moment when she looked at me and her eyes lit up and she smiled, brought my hand feebly to her mouth and kissed it like she liked to do.

Happenstance would have it that my new workplace is literally RIGHT next to the cemetery where they remains are buried. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. Sometimes I completely forget. I don't visit them much to be honest, even though I should. It's...hard for me to handle still. Even though it's been five year since I lost my dad...I know I'll never be over it. I'm happy for my grandmother though...and oddly jealous. She gets to be with her little boy again, and I've a long time yet to wait to be with my daddy again...

It depends on the family. That's all we did and my dad's viewing; laugh and share silly stories. That was the sort of guy he was, and he wouldn't have wanted us to just sit there being sad. I find funerals should be a celebration of their life, not a mourning of their death.

Me too. But other's don't always see that. That's why I'm writing in my will to have a party not a funeral.

Why do you want to celebrate death? http://kh13.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley-confuse.png

You're not. You're celebrating the life the had. All their happy moments and memories. Celebrating who they were and what they meant to you. being happy you got the time you did. Not focusing on the sadness of them passing.

Well, it was really sad.

All her relatives live in the capital, so the only people that were there was me, my parents, my cousins (4) and my uncle.

My cousin couldn't resist seeing the coffin go underground, he broke down in tears.

I almost broke down in tears, it really was sad :(

I have never been to a funeral :L I'm not looking forward to one ever though. So many tears oh god D: My great grandma died recently of natural cause I guess 93 years old I believe she was. Then my side of the family found out that my great grandpa has been battling cancer and refused kimo therapy but has done radiation but now that his long beloved wife died he'll just give up :/ But I couldnt go to my great grandmas funeral cause it was in California and all so only my mom went cause she can't afford much but I guess my point is, Death and funerals are like the worst things ever .-.