Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Shion

KHBbS Enchanted Dominion Freezing Issue

I recently got BBS and found that I really enjoy playing as Aqua. However, I can't advance in her story because every time I land in Enchanted Dominion, it plays most of the first cutscene, then it freezes when she's halfway through saying 'inside'. I let it load overnight to see if it simply took a lot longer than the average cutscene to play, no dice. I restarted the game, leveled up in Castle of Dreams then returned to Enchanted Dominion, still no dice. And of course, I have the full data install, made sure it could load as fast as it could . . . still nothing. I don't know if this is the game's problem, the PSP's problem . . . I don't know. I'm really at a loss for what to do now, please help.

I recently got BBS and found that I really enjoy playing as Aqua. However, I can't advance in her story because every time I land in Enchanted Dominion, it plays most of the first cutscene, then it freezes when she's halfway through saying 'inside'. I let it load overnight to see if it simply took a lot longer than the average cutscene to play, no dice. I restarted the game, leveled up in Castle of Dreams then returned to Enchanted Dominion, still no dice. And of course, I have the full data install, made sure it could load as fast as it could . . . still nothing. I don't know if this is the game's problem, the PSP's problem . . . I don't know. I'm really at a loss for what to do now, please help.

Maybe it's a glitch the game's got. This never happened to me. Maybe you have to finish the story with Terra and Ven first and then play as Aqua. If you did this then......... sorry i don't know what to do.

Did you get the game pre-owned?

Yeah, on eBay, in very good condition and the seller said that it had played start to finish for him perfectly when he owned it.

Maybe it's a glitch the game's got. This never happened to me. Maybe you have to finish the story with Terra and Ven first and then play as Aqua. If you did this then......... sorry i don't know what to do.

That's what I'm going to try next. I have yet to start on Terra's story . . .

Try to skip the cutscene, if that doesn't work, Check for scratches. I had a similar issue with my copy of BBSFM (though mine did a looping cutscene instead, after the Mysterious figure fight no less.) Those UMD's are fairly fragile. (hence why they have those shells.)

Try to skip the cutscene, if that doesn't work, Check for scratches. I had a similar issue with my copy of BBSFM (though mine did a looping cutscene instead, after the Mysterious figure fight no less.) Those UMD's are fairly fragile. (hence why they have those shells.)

Tried to skip the cutscene. Still didn't work. I also checked for scratches- I didn't see any obvious ones, but I did try cleaning the disk a bit. I have yet to see if that might have helped.

Yeah, on eBay, in very good condition and the seller said that it had played start to finish for him perfectly when he owned it.

That's what I'm going to try next. I have yet to start on Terra's story . . .

'

When it freezes, your psp system turns off on its own or you turn it off?

'

When it freezes, your psp system turns off on its own or you turn it off?

It doesn't turn off at all. It just keeps showing a frozen Aqua and the blue loading heart, or a grayish black if I choose to skip the cutscene. Usually I do end up restarting the system.

It doesn't turn off at all. It just keeps showing a frozen Aqua and the blue loading heart, or a grayish black if I choose to skip the cutscene. Usually I do end up restarting the system.

Have you tried to play it on another PSP?

You take the battery out or you restart it with the button? If you do it that way i think it's the game that's got the problem. Anyway try and play the game with the other characters and hope this works :) . If not, then get a brand new copy. :D

Have you tried to play it on another PSP?

No, and I won't be able to as I know no one else who owns a PSP.

You take the battery out or you restart it with the button? If you do it that way i think it's the game that's got the problem. Anyway try and play the game with the other characters and hope this works :) . If not, then get a brand new copy. :D

With the button, though I will try taking the battery out and see if that helps. And all right, thanks for your advice. :)

No, and I won't be able to as I know no one else who owns a PSP.

With the button, though I will try taking the battery out and see if that helps. And all right, thanks for your advice. :)

No need to thank, i like helping. Forgot something, check also the UMD reader if it's ok. You just bought the psp?

No need to thank, i like helping. Forgot something, check also the UMD reader if it's ok. You just bought the psp?

UMD reader? And yeah, BBS is the very first game I played on it.

UMD reader? And yeah, BBS is the very first game I played on it.

You know the back of the psp, where you put the UMD to play. But if your psp is new i don't think you got problem with that. The game game must have the problem. find someone who's got a psp and try playing there, if it keeps doing it then buy a new.

You know the back of the psp, where you put the UMD to play. But if your psp is new i don't think you got problem with that. The game game must have the problem. find someone who's got a psp and try playing there, if it keeps doing it then buy a new.

It's not new, per se, as it's a 1000. Plus I really, really think it's the game, as I just tried to start Terra's story but it really looks like I'm having the same problem with the first cutscene...

It's not new, per se, as it's a 1000. Plus I really, really think it's the game, as I just tried to start Terra's story but it really looks like I'm having the same problem with the first cutscene...

Ok. Then you know what to do ;) (buy a new, buy a new, buy a new, buy a new, buy a new, buy a new) :P

My BbSFM would freeze if I was sucked up by the Mimic Master, so I just had to kill it really fast or keep my distance... or restart the whole freakin' thing. But that's the only problem I had.

Since your game's freezing up in such a particular spot, I'd have to say that it's most likely the UMD rather than your system. If the scene can't be skipped (and you can't skip the entire world, either...), then I'm afraid you might just have to get another copy. Sorry.

I could be that you're running it on a PSP1000, those ones are rather old and from my understanding had lots of problems with slow loading times and glitches occuring. A couple months ago I purchased a psp2000 for the sole purpose of playing BBS and it worked pretty well, there were a couple times were too many on screen effects would cause the game to slow almost to a halt, but it never truly froze. I also played through Aqua's story first, and there wasn't any indication you had to play through someone else first. You could, unfortunately, try trading up your 1000 to a 2000.

i had this problem but it was with a KH2 disc. anytime i tried to play at hollow bastion it would freeze. this isnt exactly helpful but i just ended up buying a new copy and it worked fine.

you should probably just get a new disc but keep your data card so you dont lose any progress you already made.

Its the game. I have a PSP 1000(doesn't matter which PSP it is) and it works perfectly. It never froze once while I was playing it. If I recall, you can find a new copy of BBS for less that $20 in any store. Never buy used games unless its a last resort.