Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Gamerazor247

KHDays 358/2 Days VS. RE:Coded

Definitly Days. Re:coded was awful. The story was confusing even for a KH game and in the end, it just doesn't matter for the overall KH story. Even with how much I hated Re:coded though, it did have one of the best customization mechanics and Castle Oblivion with its "choose your own path" mechanic was really fun, but the whole game became hard to enjoy after a while. I love 358 days story (first game that ever made me cry) and I never got tired of the missions like some of the other people. Plus there's a ton to do also: extra missions, challenges, mission mode, and secret diary reports. Can't recommend 358 days enough, but I guess it's not for everyone.

What kind of topic is this? People already know which one is better. I don't even need to voice my own opinion.

Edited by MAKS

What's a better KH game on the DS explain plz ^^

In a nutshell ( Im also allergic to nuts LOL) Days has a really fluent story and the gameplay is solid it may be hard but you have to really use your back bone in it Days has an awesome story while re:coded is REALLY SHITTY Ok let me say this theres gonna be alot of annoying parts in kh:Recoded where your stripped of your powers and it gets really irritating and frustrating.. The game itself gets really repetetive after you beat it because even if you do all the system sectors you get bored and you can get really powerful abilities near the end in kh 358 you have to grind ( Level Grind mind you) and search for materials and really use your magic and the command style is gonna get repetitive and the pre final boss..

Yeah, the story on Days is, you know, interesting. While the Coded one was not good.

But since Coded was made after, it had a better gameplay, and this aspect in Days was pathetic. Annoying really.

I'd go with Days as the best, the gameplay was not as bad as to ruin the plot, so that makes it somewhat a little better, but I don't, it's still KH, gotta play them all....

Days because it has a great story that is about Organization XIII

it does? I mean, I know they made cameo appearances, but is there a secret unlockable story that features the Organization or something?

it does? I mean, I know they made cameo appearances, but is there a secret unlockable story that features the Organization or something?

Oh, so the regular cutscenes weren't enough for you? I thought the regular storyline with Axel and Xion was good. It shows how Roxas attempts to learn friendship.

the 'cameos' alone in scenes are better than Coded as an entire game. It builds the history up of the organisation and of Roxas. You could hardly consider involving Roxas and Axel (two strongly loved characters of the franchise) in the epic conclusion as main characters if they have had really no previous development. In all honesty, I reckon if you removed Coded, the series makes perfect sense (bar Diz's last comment at the end of 3D) still, whereas you lose a fair amount from Days if you lost that.

Let's face it. The events of Coded are just re-hashed, dumbed-down levels from the original KH game on PS2 we all loved so much, and I personally think it was a mistake making it. But hey, given the order of development, it probably couldn't be helped. Nomura would have done better to release a teaser trailer for the development of KH3D using just the secret ending of Coded.... near enough.

Well to me it's more on the gameplay then the story, so Re:coded over Day's for me. I mean if you compare yes Re:Coded is more filler then Day's but it's that kind of filler I like (REALLY Liked Data-Sora as a main character, he knows what his doing.). Gameplay wise RE:Coded is far superior to Day's, better levelup system and that awesome command deck. Really liked that the gameplay changed in every world. Day's gives story about the Organization but sadly doesnt really pay that much attention to the other Organization members. Now as gameplay wise, its just bad. I disliked the panel system because of how you were limited in the end. Lot's of pointless missions which acted as the small plots in the visited worlds. Shame that Roxas couldnt really interact with the disney character's.

re:coded's story was no comparison to days.

and the fact that u can play as any organization member WHILE playing with ur friends, it is the better game.

Well to me it's more on the gameplay then the story, so Re:coded over Day's for me. I mean if you compare yes Re:Coded is more filler then Day's but it's that kind of filler I like (REALLY Liked Data-Sora as a main character, he knows what his doing.). Gameplay wise RE:Coded is far superior to Day's, better levelup system and that awesome command deck. Really liked that the gameplay changed in every world. Day's gives story about the Organization but sadly doesnt really pay that much attention to the other Organization members. Now as gameplay wise, its just bad. I disliked the panel system because of how you were limited in the end. Lot's of pointless missions which acted as the small plots in the visited worlds. Shame that Roxas couldnt really interact with the disney character's.

Whilst I agree that the gameplay is more advanced, and I must say the finish commands were cool - but I was satisfied with the limit breaks in Days equally. I think the spin Days offered in terms of interaction with Disney characters was that you see the other side of things from Sora. Whilst Sora interacted with the main characters in each Disney world, Roxas' story developed the relationships with lesser roles such as Tinkerbell, the Cheshire Cat, and the kids in Halloween Town. I liked that....

358/2 hands down! you should add a poll to this forum so you can actually tell what the difference is.

Agreed! But I think it's clear that in this thread that 358/2 Days is definitely the more popular game over Coded.

Oh, so the regular cutscenes weren't enough for you? I thought the regular storyline with Axel and Xion was good. It shows how Roxas attempts to learn friendship.

Have you played through KH3D yet? If not don't open the spoiler button.....

Roxas was a nobody born with a heart due to Sora's body held Ventus' and Kairi's heart at the time he released his own. Therefore, he could feel and did understand friendship in the way that a young child would. This is hinted at in the opening scene of Days when Axel asks him if he's sure he doesn't have a heart.

Edited by Ajexmi